Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

My Opinion About Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Opinion About Christianity (851 Views)

My Top 10 Quotes About Christianity!!! / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex / Random Issues About Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion About Christianity by RichieF27: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
I don't usually talk about people that call them selfs men of God or people we see as men of God neither do I talk about any Islamic cleric.. I know that God is almighty and he knows who is serving him and who is fake.. But with the little I know, I can always sense when something isn't going right .. But it hurts me to see people in ignorance and think that a pastor is almighty and highly above anyone. We are all humans and have bloods flowing in our veins, we might have different grace but we serve one God and we have same access to that God . If we don't have that same access that means the bible lied about Jesus dying cos I was told by the bible and not my pastor or any pastor that the death of Jesus brought about direct access to God our father .. My God is my God and not the God of my pastor and I address him as God .. I'm not saying you should not respect your pastor or any man of God but know when they are not telling you what the bible says .. We all have right to be men of God, Infact we are all men of God since we believe in our God and in that same bible HE says don't you know that yeeh are gods referring to us .. Don't predict an election like that of the US and say that God told you .. That's was how God told many of them in Nigeria 2015 election and we all know how it ended.. It's a pity that in church this days we worship our so called pastors instead of God .. I only owe a pastor my respect and that's all.. I'm not sorry if this hurts anybody and I'm not trying to hurt anybody the same pastors we worship are doing higher and better than us and yet we still worship them .. This same pastor have the money to open company's and factories where there church members without work can work and earn a living, the same church members can pay tithe from that same money and the church can also sell what the company produces, instead they chose to open schools with outrageous amount as school fees, a school where an average member of there church can't send there wards to and yet this same member pays tithe and offerings to the same pastors and make them more richer.. I ask, are we this gullible? When God said give HE did not say money neither did he say money when he say pay your tithe when you look a brother in the church that don't have food or cloths and you give to that brother, you have brought meat in Gods house it's not only when you give a pastor your money that's when you have given.. Again, I'm not against giving a pastor or paying your tithe but there are people who need your money more in and out the church .. I'm not condemning anybody oo or judging I'm not God like I said earlier.. God knows his sheep and his sheep knows him.. And some people will be like don't allow my father to open your case file .. Wow are you kidding me .. What case file who gave him the case file? Christianity should be liberation and not slavery..

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by tayomautin(m): 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
YOU ARE RIGHT JARE

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by andyboi4real(m): 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Many People Have Enslave Themselves In The Name Of Worshipping God.But The Truth Be Told Most "christians" Today Are Jst Being Religious Without Really Serving God.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by Luckymay(f): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Watch how they will troop in here to insult you and defend their pastors instead of pondering over the issue.
Was it not here I read about a guy who got a job in Nigeria breweries and was considering quiting it cos the "pastor" said so.
Was it not here I read about a lady who used her future (school fee) to play gamble (pay tithe)
Truth is most of the worshipers have been brainwashed to extent the treat the so called men of God as the God himself.
I don't know if it's fear of the unknown that renders them so "stupidly" submissive or just plain gullibility.
I almost shed a tear when I saw the so called man of God displaying a bag of over,, 1 million naira on his page in this current economy. It's a pity the people that carries the Bible does not even read to understand otherwise why would a reasonable person still worship in that church. And I wonder what the so called pastor would be preaching to his members. We shall be delivered from mental slavery someday., that, I believe. I just hope it doesn't come too late.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Very well said op. As a matter of fact, many are just religious, they don't know the meaning of christianity. If u check well, those so called pastors don't lead by example to pay tithe o as if the bible says pastors are free from paying tithe only church member shd pay.

And another annoying thing is d saying that its God that put them there. If only they know the kinda messy private life d pastor lives outside church or how some of them bribe snr pastors to remain or be transferred to a particular parish that has big financial members, or that's far from their home and close to their concubine's home, they'll know God can never call such.

Most of them were never even called by God, they were appointed there by humans with different protocols. How many of them can boast that they hrd God's voice that said "my son my son I have chosen thee to lead my sheep in so and so parish"

In a church I was attending b4 I had some challenges that made me absent from fellowship 4 a while. No one called in spite of my active membership to ask what's going on. D next thing I started hearing is broda u've backsliden. The statement got me so annoyed. That was the last time I stepped in there.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by menxer: 4:19am On Sep 08, 2016
Gradually people are seeing the Light.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by RichieF27: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2016
The same way a pastor one time in a church said he saw ten people buying cars, that the first ten people to bring ten thousand naira each will be the once to get the car and about twenty people went out.. And now my question here is, what about the remaining people ? Will they not buy the car? Or will God change HIS mind to twenty people? Or will HE just give them bike ? Or will HE give ten car and forget the remaining ten?..is either the pastor did not see anything or God lied .. But I know my God, he can't lie, HE is too BIG to lie, HE is the ALPHA AND OMEGA THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. So it's either the pastor lied at the alter or he is talking about a different god.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Christianity by honourhim: 7:12am On Sep 08, 2016
OP, welcome to our world where mumu christianity is done away with. Follow Jesus and not pastors. Christianity is about your personal relationship with God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If The Bible Says No To Premarital-sex Then Why Pregnancy Trough It / What The Jews Are Doing Exactly To You With Their Bible And Lies. / A Bible Is Left Untouched Amid The Tornado Wreckage In Mississippi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.