Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines (542 Views)

SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site / HELP! My 4years Blog Is Missing / Can I Make Money From Pageviews If My Blog Is Accepted By Google Adsense ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines by D34lw4p(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hello Website Owners, How're you today? I'm very sure you're doing great. Owning and managing a website this days is a tedious task, seriously it's never easy at all and the reason is because there're lot of competitors you need to surpass if truly you want to take the lead.

Since people go to search engines to ask questions then it's vitally important to make sure all your SEO(SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) settings Are in place. I will be writing further on the reason why a blog might have very poor rank.

You Don't Understand What You're Doing
Like I mentioned in the introduction Of this article, there are lots of competitors competing with you and you need to be extra serious to ensure your website has a good position on the search engine. Some bloggers don't know about this they just go into blogging without understanding what exactly they're doing, some don't even have passion for it but because they see others making money then they rush into it thereby neglecting the vital settings that needs to be in place because of ignorance.

Depending On Other Sites For Articles
Now, think about it you go into blogging and started publishing posts copied from other sites on your blog and you want to aim high with that? So many people have come to me times without numbers to ask how they can get articles for their blog e.g Entertainment Niche. I advice some to take it easy and think about something they like writing about and can do it again and again without getting tired. That's it you can't choose to be an Entertainment Blogger because Linda in making a lot from it while your passion lies in the Health Niche it's not necessary you copy from other sites since your blog is based on entertainment you can gently make sure you follow the top artists and make a news from their status updates. Follow the celebrities, interview them, publish articles on their status updates, upload musics, jokes, videos just to entertain people.

Not Investing Enough
I meet different bloggers everyday and mentor them, tutor them and explain to them the most reason why investing in your blog should be one of the very important thing to do. How can you create a blog on a freehost, free domain then take your time to copy other articles on your blog. With that alone you're sure to have a low rank even if you've one of the best designed blog. Low Rank and Poor position on search engines search results.

Wrong SEO Settings
It's good to have SEO Plugins installed but very bad when you over do it or don't understand exactly what you're doing, some even go up to installing more than one SEO PLUGINS not knowing the settings will conflict themselves, thereby leading to poor position on search engines.

Google and other search engines understands the value of delivering the best to their users that's why you see them making sure they display the most relevant results when query their database. Sometimes if your site is affected by a malware it can have bad effect on your site and even lead to your site been removed permanently from their database.

There're so many other reasons but not all can be contained in this article. See you next time!

If you've one or two reasons too why a site can have low rank don't hesitate to share them below also don't forget to share this article with your friends by using the share buttons below.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines by gen2solo: 4:28am On Sep 08, 2016
Engagement:
Search engines pay much attention to people taking certain action on your website e.g like clicking on a link or completing a form on your webpage.

Click through rate:
this is how long a person spend on your website, it sends a signal to search engines that the webpage has content that is valuable to readers base on the keyword.

Backlinks:
This is the amount of website with high authority in a particular niche that is linking to your website or a particular content on your website, as it tells the Google that the content linked to on your website is of high value. Note: Google really pays attention to this particular factor when ranking sites.

Content writing:
For you to achieve the above you must write a very rich article that people will read and want to link to it without you asking for links from them. Every website owner that's serious with ranking on Google or other search engines must no that CONTENT IS KING
Re: This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2016
Nice one
Re: This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines by D34lw4p(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks @gen2solo

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Your Blog Is Not Ranking High On Search Engines by D34lw4p(m): 7:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Lalasticlala, Slyr0x, adewasco2k

(1) (Reply)

Professional Photographer, Graphic Designer, Or A Web Designer? / 36% Discount On .com,.org,.net Domains For Only #3,350 / Find Out The Monetary Value Of Any Blog Or Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.