Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki (378 Views)

Igbo Leaders To Buhari: We Won’t Be Deceived With 2023 Igbo Presidency / Restructuring: We’re Not Afraid, But Won’t Be Stampeded — Northern Elders / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki by 91KeepInformed: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2016
The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has declared that he will not be a puppet to any godfather if elected governor of Edo State in the Saturday’s election.

Obaseki made the declaration during an interview monitored on Television Continental on Wednesday.

“I will not be a puppet to any godfather or godmother if I become governor of Edo State,” Obaseki said.

The APC candidate said if he needed to be a puppet to anybody, he would rather be a puppet to the good people of Edo State, whose general mandate he was seeking to become their governor.

Obaseki described Governor Adams Oshiomhole as a true democrat who, according to him, does not even like to be seen as a godfather, let alone expect someone to be his puppet.

He commended the achievements of the Adams Oshiomhole administration and promised to continue work on the good template already set by the governor so that he could move the state to greater heights.

Obaseki said he was also set to make a positive difference in governance, if elected, and promised to deliver more dividends of democracy to the people of the state.

Commenting on how his government would generate at least 200,000 jobs for youths within his first four years in office, Obaseki said he hoped to achieve this through agricultural reforms and by also creating the necessary enabling environment for investors to come and do business in Edo State.

http://iroyinkoko.com/i-wont-be-oshiomholes-puppet-obaseki/

Re: I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki by akinola107(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: I Won’t Be Oshiomhole’s Puppet – Obaseki by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 08, 2016
Oga...you are already a pupet by acknowledging the fact indirectly that' momo' intends to make a pupet of you.
Political sponsorship in Nigeria is a huge investment, which the investors always have a way to recoup their investments.
Oga...we are wiser now!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Nigeria By Prof Chukwuma C. Soludo / “change Begins With Me” And Not The Buhari Government / 30 Political Parties To Contest Ondo Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.