Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo (19469 Views)

Lagos PDP Is Searching For A Popular Candidate To Face Ambode In 2019..see Names / I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Friday declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is dead.

He also called for prayers for Nigeria not to sink like the former ruling party.

Obasanjo said this at the display of 40 African traditional drums in his honour to celebrate his 80th birthday celebration.

The event was organized by the Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization of the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOP), Abeokuta, on Friday.

Obasanjo, who was former chairman of PDP of Trustees, lamented that the party that was once in control of 30 states out of the 36 states in the country is now a shadow of itself.

He stated that the situation was a result of protracted internal wrangling.

His words: “When all was going well, when Ahmadu Ali was the chairman of the party, we were 30 out of the 36 states.

“I brought Ahamdu Ali as the national leader of the party. But, when Ahmadu and I left, the fortune of the PDP sunk.”

Obasanjo added that “May the fortune of Nigeria never sink like that of the PDP”.

Many of those in attendance replied with a loud “Amen”.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/03/pdp-dead-pray-nigeria-wont-like-obasanjo/

8 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by somito121(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
Amen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by thinkdip(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
This baba should go and rest and stop disturbing the country

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by FastShipping: 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
grin grin grin

No doubt PDP was disastrous party to Nigeria. PDP led federal government could have turned Nigeria to rival UAE or top 15 countires in the world with the amount of revenue generated between 1999 and 2015 but all PDP did was to loot and shared the money amongst the few. Many PDP faithful left with fat bank accounts. "Thousandnaires" became billionaires overnight in PDP.

Never in our lives should we ever have a party like hopeless PDP again. Amen.

Has APC faired better? The answer is no. APC founders did have good plan but that inept, old, cunny, out of touch, bigotted and uneducated Buhari, his nephew and cousins have hijacked APC and put it on the path of PDP old way.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by ourema(f): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
OBJ once tore his PDP membership card. How come he is so inquisitive to matters concerning active politics?

18 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
thinkdip:

Why for saying the simple truth?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by Israeljones(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Obasanjo is the reason why one sometimes doubt God*s existence....
These are the type of people he should have called out from this earth but NO he rather take the kind ones...
This man was part of people that destroy this country and hes here lamenting..

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by cuedish: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Baba is foreseeing things.

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by martooski(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
Amen

Iseeeee

Aseeeee

Affliction shall not rise for the second time

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
Israeljones:
Obasanjo is the reason why one sometimes doubt God*s existence....
These are the type of people he should have called out from this earth but NO he rather take the kind ones...
This man was part of people that destroy this country and hes here lamenting..

Try and reformat the system

Who knows, it might work better

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
thinkdip:

The last time your hero said so

He knows the consequence of his careless talk

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by naijabadoo(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
nija
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by thinkdip(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
sarrki:

The last time your hero said so
He knows the consequence of his careless talk
If i tear you hot slap heeen

16 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by Israeljones(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
sarrki:

Try and reformat the system

Who knows, it might work better
perhaps urs might even b corrupt beyond repair... mine is still working perfectly...
if yu dont like wah i have just written... i cant help yu sir..

15 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
thinkdip:

If i tear you hot slap heeen

Baba have spoken

No more argument

Your hero just dey labor on settlement in vain

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by subtlemee(f): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Is he not one of the murderers?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by kinibigdeal(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
APC condition presently is worse than that of PDP. They are only spraying perfume on a casket full of mummies

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by TPAND(f): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Obasanjo the wailer.

The older he grows the faster his sense of reasoning drolls

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by ZombieKilla: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigeria is long dead

No wonder it's called a zoo

Nigeria's president even ran away to London to rest..... There is no resting place in the hell hole called Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by vedaxcool(m): 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
grin grin killed by IB and his gang of fools.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good job Fayose et Wike. We are proud of you! grin grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by bantudra: 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
its time you easterners abandon fee dee fee and move on....

ojukwu gave una apga,but una dont use it..

always playing the political ashawo for anybody that has money...

shey una no dey shame...??

life is not only about money....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
ourema:
OBJ once tore his PDP membership card. How come he is so inquisitive to matters concerning active politics?
Inquisitive I'm sorry, I didn't read the line where he asked any question. undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by bantudra: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
america is collapsing,europe is collapsing,the south africans dont want you..

were the hell do you want to run now??..

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
FastShipping:
grin grin grin

No doubt PDP was disastrous party to Nigeria. PDP led federal government could have turned Nigeria to rival UAE or top 15 countires in the world with the amount of revenue generated between 1999 and 2015 but all PDP did was to loot and shared the money amongst the few. Many PDP faithful left with fat bank accounts. "Thousandnaires" became billionaires overnight in PDP.

Never in our lives should we ever have a party like hopeless PDP again. Amen.

Has APC faired better? The answer is no. APC founders did have good plan but that inept, old, cunny, out of touch, bigot and uneducated Buhari, his nephew and cousins have hijacked APC and put it on the path of PDP old way.
Indeed brother! The only bond that held the deadly party together through the years was the unfettered access her bigwigs had to the treasury. No sooner was that access removed than the party crumbled like a mound of dust in a hurricane.

APC will shine. Time will tell. wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by FastShipping: 12:44am On Mar 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
Good job Fayose et Wike. We are proud of you! grin grin

You torment certain section of people here on daily basis. Abi dem snatch your wife ni?

1 Like

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by EncephalonPikin(m): 3:18am On Mar 04, 2017
PDP is a disastrous party no doubt but Obasanjo was part of the disaster(8years) out of 16 so he doesn't have the right to throw blames.Its good d association of thieves are scattered but Obasanjo himself is no saint and as such should respect his Old age and continue to enjoy the looted funds in his possession

6 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by sinistermind(m): 3:41am On Mar 04, 2017
It's quite sad that baba could be saying this. A party in which he is a founding member, all because he want to have political relevance in the present administration.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by orunto27: 4:03am On Mar 04, 2017
It's really funny that the APC can so easily annihilate PDP just like that. What juju do they use?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by madridguy(m): 4:09am On Mar 04, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: PDP Is Dead, I Pray Nigeria Won’t Be Like It – Obasanjo by ipobbigot7: 4:16am On Mar 04, 2017
I will believe Obasanjo prophesy rather than Fayose's own. Pdp is dead funeral date should be announced.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Crisis: Senators, Ex-ministers Join Forces With APC Govs Against Oshiomhole / Buhari's Extension Of IGP's Tenure Violates New Police Act - Sahara Reporters / Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.