Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

"Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia (14552 Views)

Mass Burial Of Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Plateau Begins (Graphic) / List Of Victims Kidnapped By Evans And Identities Of His Gang Members / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by midolian(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2016
KOTA KINABALU: A total of 86 people here have been made RM3.1 million poorer in cheating cases dubbed "Nigerian scams" since 2012.

District police chief Assistant Commissioner M. Chandra said the scams involved suspects using social media with fake identities to establish relationships with victims over the course of between three and six months.

"Many cases involve a romantic element, with suspects arriving in Malaysia to meet the victims. They then claim to have been detained by Immigration at the airport and require the victims’ help in securing money for their release,” he said during a press conference here.

"Another modus operandi involves suspects cajoling victims to bank in money for ‘appreciation gifts’.

Chandra added that investigations on the cases are ongoing and that they are working closely with police at the Federal Police headquarters in Bukit Aman.

To date, six people from here have also been arrested for opening bank accounts for another person.

He said the six cases were not necessarily related to the "Nigerian scam", but it is an offence to allow others to use one’s own personal account.

Meanwhile, Chandra also disclosed the solving of two burglary case involving cameras at Telipok near here.

The owner was approached by two illegal peddlers who tried to sell him his own stolen cameras which the sellers had allegedly purchased from the burglars.

On another case, police arrested eight locals, aged between 18 and 33, who are members of the Mingzhi gang implicated in the theft of 12 cars in the city.

However, police are still looking for two middlemen of the syndicate which sells spare parts and luxury cars here.

[img]http://assets.nst.com.my/images/articles/09nigerianscam.transformed.jpg[/img]
KK district police chief Assistant Commissioner M.

Chandra tells the media that 86 people in KK have been made RM3.1 million poorer in cheating cases dubbed "Nigerian scams" since 2012.

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/09/171706/nigerian-scams-sap-dozens-victims-rm31-million-kk
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by slimthugchimee(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2016
mtchww
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Deepfreezer(m): 7:12am On Sep 08, 2016
They should go and sit down. Calling Nigeria all the time gives this people serious orgasm

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by izzou(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2016
Malaysiaa, leave us naa

Habaaa

angry
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by midolian(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2016
Deepfreezer:
They should go and sit down. Calling Nigeria all the time gives this people serious orgasm
You and I know we(Nigeria) are guilty of this. He should have started with "From our records,..." This is because many of the victims must have died or bn killed after bn scammed..and some others, the Security agency isn't aware of..

The 2nd country you ll find many fraudulent Nigerians after Nigeria is Malaysia.

19 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by sarrki(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2016
However, police are still looking for two middlemen of the syndicate which sells spare parts and luxury cars here.

NCAN

Over to you

3 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Again? Na wa o
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Deepfreezer(m): 7:34am On Sep 08, 2016
midolian:
You and I know we(Nigeria) are guilty of this. He should have started with "From our records,..." This is because many of the victims must have died or bn killed after bn scammed..and some others, the Security agency isn't aware of..

The 2nd country you ll find many fraudulent Nigerians after Nigeria is Malaysia.
well you ain't far from the truth, Nigerians are not the only ones committing crimes in Malaysia, Indians. Europeans, South Americans all do, once they see a black African on a crime scene he is a Nigerian.
Well i don't know why so people swore to make life difficult for genuine travellers.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Dandeson1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by oluwasegun007(m): 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
wat do you xpect, if dem no gre us export white powder for them

we go deport their money com here....lol

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by SuperBlack: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Land for Sale
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by ENVITIICARDS: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
shocked
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Sugarcious(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
.[size=20pt]I SEE EAST EVERYWHERE[/size]

8 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by ephi123(f): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Na wa. As if our reputation is not bad enough. Nigerians need to desist from these acts; drugs & scams are becoming synonymous with Nigeria, not good at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by soberdrunk(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Haba!!!
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by AishyWemsy(f): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
T
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by bunchyproject(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Every Nigerian is a thief -Nnamdi Kanu(IPOB LEADER)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Batlan01: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
Deepfreezer:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Zico5(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
I could see some people up there still denying the real fact. Whenever they mention Malaysia, Singapore, India, indonesia, etc, u and I know those that are involved. They recently held meeting of Nigerian millionaire in malaysia without any legitimate business whatsoever. Is Malaysia USA or UK where u can suddenly become a millionaire. All we need is to beg these people to stop showcasing Nigeria in bad light. It will come to a time when Nigerians will not be allowed in these country again for bad reputation. Let's all rise up and condemn this acts. This is not hustle but criminal acts.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Mubby4luv(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
Where is the name pls

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by loadedvibes: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
The hustle is real. Did they really think Nigerians left Nigeria to go play in Malaysia. They came to hustle man.

In other news if it involves romantic element it is not a scam, relationships have their ups and downs. And money get missing with people's heart broken.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by gerrardomendes(m): 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
we need names please

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Slymonster(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
why wouldn't they be scam,lol even some married ones go still dey play away love...invisible away love way the hobby no dey give them...
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
shocked
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by McDreKing(m): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
Sugarcious:

I normally don't quote people but your comment and others that make comments like this is just too bad and it makes me sick. And this is the issue wey don dey scatter 9Ja since time way back. Na Nigerians dem mention, you see EAST? EAST no be 9Ja abi? Get your mind out of ethnicity discrimination shiii and focus. Na only people wey dey east dey scam? I'm a Yoruba boy and I can tell you that a whole lot of Yorubas play this game more than the EAST people I know. Let's kill tribalism and promote our country NIGERIA.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by EmekaBlue(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Boyz dey hustle for Malay
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Mopolchi: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
no names... outta of thread
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
angry
Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Dollyak(f): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Sugarcious:
No tribe from the south can claim a moral high ground as far as I am concerned. Scamming demographics is just a matter of territory.
UK & USA (I.e Texas area)= Yorubas,
ASIA & GERMANY, USA = IGBOS
Prostitution worldwide = EDOS

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by Adminisher: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Deepfreezer:

Buhari will PRESS all the jagbajantis out of Nigerians.
Disgracing your country and embarrassing it's people
I am actually hoping the economic problems continue for some people. Nigerians need to pass through fire and God helps anyone who does not learn the lesson of the season.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Scams" Sap Dozens Of Victims Of RM3.1 Million In Malaysia by seunny4lif(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Am here to check name grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Uses Renal Failure Patients’ Pictures To Defraud Nigerians / Is The Police Your Friend? 70-yr-old Man Dies After Torture In Detention / Auchi Poly Sanctions 27 Lecturers Over Sex-for-marks Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.