Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,183 members, 7,953,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters (49149 Views)

Anambra Election: Security Personnel Stranded At Nzam Since Last Night (Photos) / Edo Election: Security Beefed Up At Govt House, Other Locations / Obanikoro Loaded Plane With N1.29b For Fayose: Airport Video Shows - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by elampiro(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
jrusky:

Really Ok as said I leave that Edo people, its a matter of few days we shall see how all will go.

Very well.

If not for the current economic situation, the election would have just been a formality.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Omeny: 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
kolaish:
NAIRALANDERS, EDO CHAPTER: SAY YOUR MIND ABOUT THIS ALLEGATION.

I want any party to come serve Esanland ie Edo central from apc ooo.
They know Esan is the major base of pdp in Edo because our papa Chief Tony Anenih is from Esanland and Oshiomole has deliberately decried Esan pple of good governance all these yrs.
Any party can win but certainly not apc.
As for the Allegation,I don't know where sahara reporters got their news from ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by dynamixdan(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=elampiro post=49182759]

[color=#000099]Your comment shows you are not in Edo State. Who told you Oshiomole dualized just Airport road? Oshiomole worked all over the state.

I still don't see how APC can lose the election. Edo went from 'Governor do nothing' (Igbinedion) to a great performer Oshiomole. I strongly believe APC will win heavily. Elections are not won on pages of newspapers

or else you were either ignorant, blind or jus biased thats why you will say oshiomole worked every where in edo state. what happened to the entire Esan central?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Elbowroom: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
All this noisemaking by wailers and ipod members will soon be over by sunday morning

They will come on Nairaland crying how soldiers did this, how police did that
how there's father couldn't wear pants properly
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Gabbyraze(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Most people who comment on this upcoming elections have never visited Edo state,judging by results (past), APC has an edge over PDP because of past records. As for the candidates,I cant differentiate one from the other because Nigerian politicians are all cut from the same cloth. Oshiomole has done alot for Edo people,no matter how much they complain,he revived the state from its comatose state,well Saturday isn't far off. N:B stop killing yourself for this politicians

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Omon605(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
Just a little insight. Am from Edo State, Edo Central to be specific. I do a lot of politics when I was in Edo State but presently I lives in Abuja. When I saw online the momentum the PDP was gathering I decided to consulted those that I know will give me the actual facts on ground without bias. The only place I strongly believe the PDP will win from all indications (I mean the local govt that's very sure) is ESAN NORTH EAST LGA. Every other Local Government in Esanland (Edo Central) is tie and give both parties 50%-50% chance. Edo South is the the battle ground, who ever wins in this region will certainly be the alright winner of the election and from all the indications is going to be 60%-40% in favor of APC, though I expected a wider margin. The Edo North is solely for APC there's nothing PDP can do here and from the fillers on ground I give it 75%-25 in favour APC. What most people put here are not true, what's on ground in edo State is far different. People just post what they wish to happen not the true scenario on ground. For the time be, I don't seeing PDP winning this governorship election in Edo State but I strongly believe they will give a good showing and consolidate from there in other elections if they are still unite. Please don't crucifer me oooooooooooooooooh I only just share and opinion with the strong contacts I with those I know very well that understand the game in the state.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by 4wrd9ja: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pastor Ize Iyamu is our next Governor
what's your antidote against rigging, you do the voting, they do the rigging and ask you to go to court where their judges will be waiting .so if you guys don't have any strategy to protect your votes, I guess you've not started and don't come here wailing and expecting any sympathy, talk is cheap, walk the talk

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
DaMotivator:
we don't need a security report to know dat APC wee lose dis Saturday nah...Oshomole"s arrogance and Thug-like attitude has made d people of Benin fall out of love with him...yes i live in benin and know wat am talking about....Businesses have closed down, the ones still opened are hanging on by the thread...earnestly waiting for Saturday to go and remove dat Party from govt....
when d short demon banned bikes under a 5-day period, dats wen bizness activities started dyin & ppl jez simply moved dia bizness & money to other states. angry
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by elampiro(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=dynamixdan post=49186551][/quote]

Oshiomole worked in Esan land. He even tarred the road that leads to Anenih's house. The only place that he didn't touch is Ekpoma town. They told him when he first took power that their allegiance was for Anenih. But when Oshiomole won the second term, they realized their mistake. As I speak, the road from Otibho to Iruekpen is being dualized. That is a long road.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
brownlord:

You're right with Obasek poster in those places you mentioned, but do you need to be reminded this is so because he enjoys the favor of APC and by extension oshiomole, who ensures other political parties are not given same privilege to campaign? If you take a tour along the major roads in benin, from sapele rd to airport rd, to sakponba rd, to siluko, to ekewan and King square, the only poster you're going see on those street lights and govt properties/buildings are that of Obaseki, so you're very right on this but doesn't make Obaseki popular, I met with some guys who happened to be members of a group supporting GO Street2street few months ago, we spent almost the whole night talking and I explained to them chances of APC winning the election in Edo is only by rigging, they can't win POI in a free and fair election.

POI is a grassroot politician more than GO, he knows the terrain, the present state of the economy will also affect GO's chances, APC population is reducing by the day in south south and the president is not helping matters, the odds are not in favor of APC presently except a repeat of April 2007 where the mandate was taken from oshiomole and handed over to osunbor, even though osunbor was announced as the winner but it was too obvious oshiomole won the election.

The only chances of APC winning in benin is by rigging, they Esan automatically goes to the PDP and Edo north is for APC, the real deal is in benin and oshiomole has lost it there. Quote me after the election.
GBAM!

even d edo north might end up 50-50 for both of dem.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
brownlord:

Go back to my post and you'll see I said same, but APC is not winning in benin, not because I don't support them but that's the reality, they need to effectively rig to win otherwise it will be a disaster. Sadly the two useless party and candidates don't deserve my vote so even if I was in benin I won't even live my house to vote for either of the party or candidate.

exactly wit me buh I'll be out to collect money do a void vote dat day grin
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by senatordave1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
All this pdp supporters are non edo indigenes,they are not on ground.apc would win the election by 55 to 60 percent votes.in edo south with 7 lgas and populated by the binis with a 55percent voting strength,the both parties are strong there but I see pdp winning 4 lgas and apc taking 3 bt the winning margin would be low 4 pdp because apc would cause confusion and violence in areas pdp would likely win.in edo central with 5 lgas and voting strength of 20percent,pdp would win 4 lgas and apc would win one.d winning margin would be low.but in edo north,apc and osho reigns supreme.they would have a field day,it would be rigging galore.apc would win all the 6 lgas with a wide margin,wider than those from both south and central edo.this would determine the winner.
In summary,apc would win 10 lgas while pdp would win 8 lgas.up apc and sai buhari
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
nickxtra:
The worst APC can go is winning about 60% in Edo South, 35% in Edo Central and 70% in Edo North and that decides the election in favour APC. Mark my comment and quote me later.
60% in edo south, edo central 35% ?

35% ? for Esan Land?
mr john yakubu, pdp dg land? shocked

egbon wetin u dey smoke?

grin
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by senatordave1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
All this pdp supporters are not from edo,they are not on ground.apc would win the election by 55 to 60 percent votes.in edo south with 7 lgas and populated by the binis with a 55percent voting strength,the both parties are strong there but I see pdp winning 4 lgas and apc taking 3 bt the winning margin would be low 4 pdp because apc would cause confusion and violence in areas pdp would likely win.in edo central with 5 lgas and voting strength of 20percent,pdp would win 4 lgas and apc would win one.d winning margin would be low.but in edo north,apc and osho reigns supreme.they would have a field day,it would be rigging galore.apc would win all the 6 lgas with a wide margin,wider than those from both south and central edo.this would determine the winner.
In summary,apc would win 10 lgas while pdp would win 8 lgas.up apc and sai buhari

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Aigbehis(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
donphilopus:

Why are you fuming from the mouth?! Let the Election be contested and let's see who would win. You guys only make noise online but we don't hear your voices here in Edo State.

I was surprised that when I got to Benin for the Grand Finale of th campaign, I didn't see any campaign poster of Ize-Iyamu from Aduwawa to Dawson Street, to New Benin, to Forestry road right to Ring road and down to the stadium. I don't see how he's popular in Edo State. Apart from Ize-Iyamu winning the 5 LGs in Edo Central (Esan) and maybe 3 (highest) in Benin, I don't see him winning more than 8 LGs in Edo State.

Obaseki on the other hand has the 6 LGs in Edo North to his credit and other 4 in Edo south (Benin). Please temme how he's gonna lose that election. Where do you put your hope? Pls be bold enough to post the result of your PU on this forum with a picture-proof, lemme also post mine. I hate riff-raffs who brag online.
Let me bring this to your notice:
Oshiomole has prevented other parties particularly pdp from putting posters around the popular places like ring rd, Akpakpava and other government facilities and installations like electric poles, government buildings, etc. Oshiomole has also prevent pdp from using the state's sports stadium for any form of programme.
See why Apc will lose the election:
1. Church leaders (and their followers) will not vote for him because he wanted the demolition of churches in 50ft by 100ft and those in the GRA.
2. Market women, Business women and Sch owners (and their followers) will not vote APC because of double taxation.
3. LG workers will not vote apc because of no salaries.
4. He imposed Obaseki on the people as there was no Apc primaries.
5. People do not like Shuaibu apd guber deputy
6. Oshiomole used tax payers money to build a university in his village.
7. Too many issues bro....

3 Likes

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by OLAOSHUN(m): 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
We support change but now change has wallop Nigeria Economy, edo should not allow APC for bad Era.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
Omon605:
Just a little insight. Am from Edo State, Edo Central to be specific. I do a lot of politics when I was in Edo State but presently I lives in Abuja. When I saw online the momentum the PDP was gathering I decided to consulted those that I know will give me the actual facts on ground without bias. The only place I strongly believe the PDP will win from all indications (I mean the local govt that's very sure) is ESAN NORTH EAST LGA. Every other Local Government in Esanland (Edo Central) is tie and give both parties 50%-50% chance. Edo South is the the battle ground, who ever wins in this region will certainly be the alright winner of the election and from all the indications is going to be 60%-40% in favor of APC, though I expected a wider margin. The Edo North is solely for APC there's nothing PDP can do here and from the fillers on ground I give it 75%-25 in favour APC. What most people put here are not true, what's on ground in edo State is far different. People just post what they wish to happen not the true scenario on ground. For the time be, I don't seeing PDP winning this governorship election in Edo State but I strongly believe they will give a good showing and consolidate from there in other elections if they are still unite. Please don't crucifer me oooooooooooooooooh I only just share and opinion with the strong contacts I with those I know very well that understand the game in the state.
and u think apc would win edo south?
where biznesses has folded up wit lots of vacant stores & rooms been displayed due to dead economy of d state dat was been overseen by obaseki? head of oshiomholes economy team?
where bikemen where stabbed on d back at d last minute after helpin d short demon govnor do his protest rallies those times?

hmm.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by OLAOSHUN(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
We support change but now change has wallop Nigeria Economy
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ENDYCOAL: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
donphilopus:

Why are you fuming from the mouth?! Let the Election be contested and let's see who would win. You guys only make noise online but we don't hear your voices here in Edo State.

I was surprised that when I got to Benin for the Grand Finale of th campaign, I didn't see any campaign poster of Ize-Iyamu from Aduwawa to Dawson Street, to New Benin, to Forestry road right to Ring road and down to the stadium. I don't see how he's popular in Edo State. Apart from Ize-Iyamu winning the 5 LGs in Edo Central (Esan) and maybe 3 (highest) in Benin, I don't see him winning more than 8 LGs in Edo State.

Obaseki on the other hand has the 6 LGs in Edo North to his credit and other 4 in Edo south (Benin). Please temme how he's gonna lose that election. Where do you put your hope? Pls be bold enough to post the result of your PU on this forum with a picture-proof, lemme also post mine. I hate riff-raffs who brag online.

Guy, you know Edo politics very well, I laugh in Hindi when they say PDP will win Edo state, Lucky has already kill PDP in Edo politics. I pray APGA or PPA wins. I don't like APC But I like Adam's

2 Likes

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by pascal558(m): 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
a cup of rice today cost N120 not because buhari wants us to stop eating rice but because the pdp for the past 16 years failed woefully to invest in agriculture,instead chose to import almost everything including tooth pick,nd we all know that the USD have been the currency for purchasing this product nd now that the value of our naira have depreciated nigerians are now faced with the reality of what importing has done to us.a 50$ bag of rice that would have been an equivalent of N12500 would now cost around N22,500.. the case of #pdp over the years has been like a rat eating up ur foot nd blowing you cool breez which u find enjoyable until when u wakeup to discover that the rat have been doing u more harm than good.. #share this post,the people need enlightenment for they perish for lack of knowledge..
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by pascal558(m): 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
be informed,dont be left out..edostate election nd fallacies https://mobile.facebook.com/GOfor2019governor/?ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ddjay: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
my prayer is that they should not mobilise fake herdsmen to attack edo people in order to reduce the pdp votes o,God please intervane. people prayers urgently needed for edo state
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ghostmist: 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hiploko:
thank God you've seen the light... Pls give him wailers form on compassionate grounds
His brain was restored to factory settings after they slashed his salary...

grin grin
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by nickxtra(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

60% in edo south, edo central 35% ?

35% ? for Esan Land?
mr john yakubu, pdp dg land? shocked

egbon wetin u dey smoke?

grin
Yea, that's is why I said 35%.Don't forget that the Speaker, Edo state House of Assembly and the APC state chairman are from that district too.
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by arushiuga(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
I just received a report from my bini friends. The apshit succeeded in postponing this election. If the election had taken place on Saturday apshit would not have won up to 40 per cent of the votes. According to the people i spoke to everyone is fed up with the apshit administration from the federal level to the state. oshokomole is not doing anything people are suffering due to the multiple taxes imposed by his government. I heard that if the election is shifted a thousand times apshit will lose. My advise to those thugs that intend to rig the election whenever inec decides to conduct it is that these politicians are not worth dying for. Edo people are ready to burn any person who plans on disrupting the election. Apshit should respect the will of Edo people

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
nickxtra:
Yea, that's is why I said 35%.Don't forget that the Speaker, Edo state House of Assembly and the APC state chairman are from that district too.
mr okonobo iz a light weight, jez wait make diz election meet him ward.

esan ppl also knw dat once apc wins d election, oshiomhole iz gonna return d speakership back to Mrs. Ativie, nobody's a dummy no more cool
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by durangokid: 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
[/color][color=#770077]
clickwtB:
Online noise is tactically Fake,Compare 8 years of PDP in EDO state and also compare 8years of APC,you know APC will win!Why did PDP Edo chapter did not allow ex gov. Igbinidion to visit their campaign grounds grin grin cheesy APC all the way!!!Current national economic woes/setback will be resolved.
Most people commenting here only want to lie against their lives, I wonder how a living being will think APC can win any election in Nigeria with the economic hardship al over Nigeria those saying that APC will win and talking hopefully because the know it will be only by rigging and nothing more, which I know Edo people will resist, they will vote for PDP to show APC a lesson, mark my words

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Nosaghae(m): 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
donphilopus:

I was surprised that when I got to Benin for the Grand Finale of th campaign, I didn't see any campaign poster of Ize-Iyamu from Aduwawa to Dawson Street, to New Benin, to Forestry road right to Ring road and down to the stadium.[b][/b] I don't see how he's popular in Edo State. Apart from Ize-Iyamu winning the 5 LGs in Edo Central (Esan) and maybe 3 (highest) in Benin, I don't see him winning more than 8 LGs in Edo State.
The reason u did not see ize iyamu's posters becos Oshiomole refused to allow him use state owned facilities for his campaign. Oshiomole stopped ize iyamu and PDP from using the stadium and schools for their campaign. Democracy is under threat in Edo State ;the election was postponed because APC have not perfected their rigging plan but the will of the people must prevail
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by meccuno: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
eyeview:
Let's start a #buharimustgo
u will be shot
Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by Liverpoolfc(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
mastermaestro:
Iyamu is no saint but it appears it is his destiny to be the next governor. I knew this when Oshio imposed an unpopular Obaseki to this discontent of many party members. He lost grassroots support in the process.

What about Shuaibu? Another of Oshiomhole's stooge. That dude is 'hated' by the Binis for reasons inexplicable. Again, who advised Oshiomhole to invite Buhari to come campaign for them in Benin? It was a disastrous dumb ill-advised move. It backfired! Buhari is extremely unpopular presently in the South and even in some Northern parts.

Iyamu's running mate enjoys an avalanche of sympathy from the electorates in Edo South and Central. How did this happen? Yakubu, as popular as he was in Esan, had his electoral victory stolen and handed to the apc candidate. Yes, video evidence later emerged on how the election was rigged. Surprisingly the dude went for thanksgiving the following Sunday and also went around to appreciate those who voted for him.

Oshio made Iyamu more popular after denying him access to public facilities for campaign purposes.

Defeat is sure for apc...thanks to Oshio who bungled it all for his party.
you are actually from edo state. Sincerely nobody from my family at least i know that will vote obaseki even if he give us money. We dont just like oshio. Yakubu alone gat our vote.

1 Like

Re: APC Likely To Lose Edo Election, Security Report Shows - Sahara Reporters by bin1977: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
Why people easily forget, d so PDP brought did hardship to us.during lucky tenure no meaning road DAT was constructed, workers were b owned, no promotion ize- iyamu was part of the regime.apart from politics where ize- iyamu has work?Edo people shine ur eye.Vote APC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Last Facebook Post Of Soldier Who Was Killed By Boko Haram (picture) / Man Who Bought Stolen SUV Arrested While Flexing Friends In Abuja. Photos / Aisha Yesufu: What Peter Obi Does After Every Public Outing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.