Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy (1283 Views)

President Buhari's Convoy And Security At Prayer Ground In Daura (video) / Man Compares Buhari To President Bouteflika Who Rules Algeria On Wheelchair / Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by Ynaira: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2016
A woman on wheelchair attempted suicide in front of President Muhammadu Buhari’s covoy on Tuesday when the number one citizen visited Edo state to attend the APC Governorship grand finale campaign rally, an eyewitness confirmed to Breeze Reporters.

The drama was said to have happened around House of Assembly complex by Airport road Juncture in Benin, Edo state capital when the woman ambushed the President’s convoy, lamenting her poor living condition.

The eyewitness who identified himself as Jude Chinedu KBS, a student of Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra state said he witnessed the ”unimaginable…”

crrcu5hw8aee6nwNarrating the incident, Chinedu said; “There was heavy military presence in King Square early this morning (Tuesday) as president Buhari was coming to join the Grand finale of Godwin Obaseki’s campaign for the September 10th gubernatorial elections in Edo State. Soon they started redirecting vehicles and in a matter of minutes Ring Road was locked down, no vehicular movement around the Square aside Police patrol vans.

“I was beside the State House of assembly by Airport road Juncture, the only side without any military presence, adding that “just a hand full of unarmed policemen and civil defense where there..

“Soon two Hilux Jeep with a road closed sign painted on top was (sic) coming with speed and the security personnel immediately ordered everyone to move to the walk way and not cross the road.

“In less than 60 seconds, the president’s convoy starts appearing from the curved corner of Airport road, they were not on the usual neck breaking speed that is the custom of Nigerian political class, the eyewitness said.

According to him, the convoy “was slow enough for you to get a good look of every single vehicle in the convoy yet fast enough for you not to be able to catch up with it in a race.

“As the convoy gets close to the house of assembly complex, this woman on wheelchair appears from no where and starts wheeling herself right across the road, he said.

The Eyewitness said; “The Jeep in front stops immediately. I was expecting some armed security men to jump out and teach the woman a lesson for daring to ambush the president but they actually stopped for the woman on wheelchair to cross!! adding ”I was dumbfounded”.

According to him, It is suicidal to attempt crossing the road when a Nigerian politician is passing.

He continued; “When the jeep stopped for the woman to cross, the woman stopped too…and it (sic) those splits seconds the driver of the Jeep seemed indecisive. Angry looking Mopol soon jumped downed from one of the Hilux vans and charged toward the Jeep in from to know why it stopped suddenly, same time a policeman dashed for the woman on the wheelchair and pulled her back.

The eyewitness told Breeze Reporters that all the drama happened in less than two minutes.

“It was when the woman grabbed the uniform of the policeman by the collar, refusing to let go and shouting “una know as i take dey eat…I no dey fit buy food again…Buhari no go pass..make una leave me make i die.”

According to Chinedu, the woman was held back till the president’s convoy passed.

On why the woman would attempt suicide in front of the president’s convoy, the Eyewitness said; I don’t know if i should call it desperation or bravery, honestly i don’t know which. But I think some Nigerians are becoming more daring. The economy is pushing people to the walls.

“I am sure the president will never get to hear that a woman on wheelchair attempted suicide on his convoy in Benin city, he added.

“It was right in front of me that it happened, he reiterated when scrutinised by Breeze Reporters correspondent.

Source: http://www.breezereporters.com/woman-wheelchair-attempts-suicide-front-buharis-convoy/
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by oteneaaron(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2016
OP...OP...OP....oya where is pinshure evidence....

you know how we say it...pictures, or Adonbilivit!! undecided
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by vedaxcool(m): 9:51am On Sep 08, 2016
fixture or you know the rest

1 Like

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by NOC1(m): 9:58am On Sep 08, 2016
thank God say the SAUCE na Breeze (Ikuku) you can say the rest.
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by idupaul: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
There is no dispute that President Buhari is currently the most hated Nigerian dead or Alive ..by this time in 2 years ago he was my hero but now he is my zero ..infact once I see his pic I start to fume

4 Likes

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by yarimo(m): 11:15am On Sep 08, 2016
Op no pictures no videos nothing nothing? Or is your surname LAI Mohammed? undecided
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by Paperwhite(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2016
idupaul:
There is no dispute that President Buhari is currently the most hated Nigerian dead or Alive ..by this time in 2 years ago he was my hero but now he is my zero ..infact once I see his pic I start to fume
Sorry for your wasteful adventure bro.How one wished it never happened.Welcome anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by seunmsg(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2016

According to Chinedu, the woman was held back till the president’s convoy passed.

And Chinedu is the only eyewitness to such an incredible occurrence.
Sigh! Ipob, why? sad
Next time, try and make your lies more believable.

1 Like

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempts Suicide In Front Of Buhari’s Convoy by sinkhole: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2016
this OP na Lai grin

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Man For Land Racketeering, Leaving Above Means (photos) / Miss-road? See What Buhari's Ministers Studied In School / Crowd Hails Ex-Ondo Gov Mimiko As He Returns Home After Handing Over 2 Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.