Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front (65934 Views)

President Buhari's Convoy And Security At Prayer Ground In Daura (video) / Man Compares Buhari To President Bouteflika Who Rules Algeria On Wheelchair / Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Front Of President Buhari’s Covoy (2) (3) (4)

Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by GurlFriend: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
President Buhari was in Edo state earlier this week, 6th September, to join the grand finale of APC gubernatorial hopeful Godwin Obaseki's campaign train, but what many people are not aware of is the drama that allegedly played out shortly before the president's convoy appeared close to the House of Assembly complex by Airport road Juncture in Benin, Edo state capital.

An eyewitness, Chijioke Anyacho narrates how a disabled woman on a wheel chair attempted suicide when she ambushed the President’s convoy, lamenting her poor living conditions.

Read the disturbing account below

Today I witnessed a woman on wheelchair attempt the unimaginable.........running into the president's convoy.

There was heavy military presence in King Square early this morning as president Buhari was coming to join the Grand finale of Godwin Obaseki's campaign for the September 10th gubernatorial elections in Edo State. Soon they started redirecting vehicles and in a matter of minutes Ring Road was locked down.......no vehicular movement around the Square aside Police patrol vans.

I was beside the state house of assembly by Airport road Juncture, the only side without any military presence......just a hand full of unarmed policemen and civil defense.

Soon two Hilux Jeep with a ROAD CLOSED sign painted on top was coming with speed and the security personels immediately ordered everyone to move to the walk way and not cross the road.

In less than 60 seconds, the president's convoy starts appearing from the curved corner of Airport road, they were not on the usual neck breaking speed that is the custom of Nigerian political class.

It was slow enough for you to get a good look of every single vehicle in the convoy yet fast enough for you not to be able to catch up with it in a race.

As the convoy gets close to the house of assembly complex, this woman on wheelchair appears from no where and starts wheeling herself right across the road.

The Jeep in front stops immediately....... I was expecting some armed security men to jump out and teach the woman a lesson for daring to ambush the president but they actually stopped for the woman on wheelchair to cross!!

I was dumbfounded.

It is suicidal to attempt crossing the road when a Nigerian politician is passing.

When the jeep stopped for the woman to cross, the woman stopped too...and it those splits seconds the driver of the Jeep seemed indecisive. Angry looking Mopol soon jumped downed from one of the Hilux van and charged toward the Jeep in from (sic) to know why it stopped suddenly, same time a policeman dashed for the woman on the wheelchair and pulled her back.

All these happened in less than 2 minutes.

It was when the woman grabbed the uniform of the policeman by the collar refusing to let go and shouting "una know as i take dey eat...I no dey fit buy food again...Buhari no go pass..make una leave me make i die"

It was then what just happened struck me.

She was held back till the president's convoy passed.

I don't know if i should call it desperation or bravery, honestly i don't know which..........but I think some Nigerians are becoming more daring. The economy is pushing people to the walls.

I am sure the president will never get to hear that a woman on wheelchair attempted suicide on his convoy in Benin city.

It was right in front of me that it happened.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/09/drama-as-woman-on-wheelchair-blocked.html

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by MalcoImX: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
What would these people do were they to experience the drought of the 70s, or the hunger during Abdulsalam?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by Theyveedo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pishure or... You know naa grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by georgen2u(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pishure or idonbtbeliveit

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by todayboy: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
Revolution have started

Very soon we start stoning them

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by sarrki(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by lovat(m): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
MalcoImX:
What would these people do were they to experience the drought of the 70s, or the hunger during Abdulsalam?
which Abdusalam again?

Get a brain and free sallah ram as freebie

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by MalcoImX: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
lovat:
which Abdusalam again?

Get a brain and free sallah ram as freebie
I don't know 'bout your religion, but mine stated clearly that whoever commits suicide is going to hellfire, whatever the reason. Now what ya have to say to this?

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by lovat(m): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
Buhari want to kill those who voted him in.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by lovat(m): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
MalcoImX:
I don't know 'bout your religion, but mine stated clearly that whoever commits suicide is going to hellfire, whatever the reason. Now what ya have to say to this?
Go down to religious section and look for your kind Nwa

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by MalcoImX: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
lovat:
Go down to religious section and look for your kind Nwa
I was just reading somewhere that somebody killed his wife, his children and himself. His only reason being he is afraid that they can't sustain themselves without him.
May God give you and I the courage not to commit suicide, for whatever reason.

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by soberdrunk(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
grin Nowadays no need to pay dstv subscription again, free drama everywhere......... grin angry

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by legaxi(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
It still won't change anything, a lot of Nigerians are poor and this has been a known fact for decades. We have a situation were parents give birth to children without properly planing for their future, you see people getting married anyhow and producing babies which they will later on expect the government to take care of them.
You will see a poor man that can barely carter for himself and his wife will end up having four, six or even eight children, these children will struggle all through their childhood.
Nigerians we are our problem not the government.

16 Likes

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by recievesense: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
Even if hunger wipes the whole country they will set up a committee to look into it.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by WesBreezy: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
No picture?.. How do I believe?.lol because for you to attempt national suicide pics would have been taken .but eez ok

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by ishiamu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
MalcoImX:

Oboy Gbenu e soun

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by eph12(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
Has it gotten to this? I smell lies though
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by Engrobiorah(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2016

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by whitebeard(m): 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nice one op no pic
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by Flashh: 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Why not include picture? Is it a graphic photo?

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by kally90(f): 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Was he in the convoy? I mean the President.
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by Helkayklassic(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
So you want us to read this and believe without a picture to prove it's true. You must be joking.

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by freesinzu(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
cry
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by superdanny10: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nawa oo

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by sabi99(m): 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Where d picture?

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by superdanny10: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
I'm sure the woman voted for him in the last election.

ONE CHANCE!!!

NO CHANGE!!!

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by babyfaceafrica: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Okay...next!!!
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by chidozieikeji2: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
todayboy:
Revolution have started
Very soon we start stoning them
amen

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by yinkslinks(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
have u ever seen hell fire? lol
MalcoImX:
Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by KINGwax007(m): 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
I biliv the OP is illustrating how feeding himself is likened to be an handicapped on a wheel chair in a fast moving world that is like a presidential convoy on the highway.

OP, if u no fit chop, eat grass..

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
My friend bring evidence or be quiet. It the president you talking about here.

Re: Woman On Wheelchair Attempted Suicide In Buhari’s Convoy's Front by jamesibor: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
She must be one of the IPODs spreading propaganda that things are hard.

Tinubu, Akande At Atiku's Son & Nuhu Ribadu's Daughter's Wedding / Members Of Neoo Black Movement (Black Axxe) Visit PDP Executive In Delta. Photos / List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings