Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Saudi Facebook Page Offers Castrated African Slave For Sale - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Saudi Facebook Page Offers Castrated African Slave For Sale (606 Views)

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests / Comparing Slave Numbers from Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra from 1400 - 1865 / My Chat With Popular Blogger, Judyfamous In Memory Of The African Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Facebook Page Offers Castrated African Slave For Sale by feedthenation(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2016
http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/09/saudi-facebook-page-offers-slave-for-sale/

Though the practice is officially illegal today, Saudi Arabia had an estimated 300,000 slaves as recently as 1960. Only years before Malcolm X made his pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi citizens were still legally keeping Africans as slaves.

The 60s saw the official abolition of slavery in the Saudi Kingdom, but unofficially continues to exist, especially amongst the wealthy.

One of the ugliest incidents was brought to light when a Saudi prince visited London with an African slave who he murdered while in the United Kingdom.

In recently years, examples of continued Saudi slavery have leaked out on the internet. One such example that has largely been ignored is an online ad posted to a Saudi Arabian equivalent of Facebook for a castrated African slave. The link has since removed the content, and replaced it with watches and other products, in an attempt to scrub the illegal sale from the site. Thank goodness for Wayback Machine saving the original post.

The post was first spotted by a Basees, who writes:

I saw this ad on facebook and publication not know how his health, but it seems to me that it is real. This site link advertising – Click here – and although removed from the site, but the ad title: “chip for sale (very special)” still exist in the top of the page and prove that he really is Matrouh.

The ad translates as follows:

Peace be upon you …

I have a [male] slave I bought from an African country and arranged for his visa and stay till I got him to Saudi [Arabia]

His discription:

1 – Black skin. Tall 172 sm. Weight 60 kilos.
2 – Castrated (excellent for working with a family) you can check him with a doctor our yourself if you have experience in the matter.
3 – [His] health is quite undamaged and has no imperfections.
4 – Age 26 years.
5 – Religion muslim and [he is] obedient and will not disobey you except in what displeases God. Please, the matter is very serious and is not a joke.

Slavery is officially illegal in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but it is still very much alive and well. The rich are often given a free pass to continue this practice, and the West seems to turn a blind eye.

SPREAD THE WORD! Let everyone know that slavery is not something that we read about in history books, it is still be practiced, even in countries that claim to have outlawed it.

(Article by M.B. David; image via Basees)

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/09/saudi-facebook-page-offers-slave-for-sale/
Re: Saudi Facebook Page Offers Castrated African Slave For Sale by daclint(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2016
End time
Re: Saudi Facebook Page Offers Castrated African Slave For Sale by EpicMaurice(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Respecting Women Really Can't Be That Difficult, Is It?? / Nigeria Is A Muslim Country By Mute Efe / Ijaw Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.