Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,538 members, 7,770,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:20 AM

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests (84565 Views)

Meet The African Tribe That Offers Sex To Guests / Do Benue Men Give Their Wives To Guests As Welcome Gift? My Personal Experience / Bizarre! See The Namibian Tribe Where Sex Is Offered To Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Nigeriapen1: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2018

The interesting and unique people of the Himba tribe inspired the character 'Binti' in Nnedi Okorafor's novella trilogy 'Binti'.

Many fascinating facts about the Himba people, who are also the most photographed tribe in Africa, make it imperative to meet the people of the tribe.
Down in the Kunene and Omusati regions of Northern Namibia, are the semi-nomadic people of Ovahimba and Ovazimba tribes.

With a population of over 50,000, the women engage in the daily activity of milking their cows, taking care of the children and other extensive duties while the men go hunting leaving, sometimes, for an extended period of time.
These nomads’ wealth is determined by the number of cattle one has. A polygamous people, the Himba girls are married off to male partners selected by their fathers once they attain puberty.

Most of their cultures have been upheld despite western influence and agitation.

Among these is the “Man comes first” tradition. The woman has little or no opinion in the decision making. Submission to her husband’s demands come first.

When a visitor comes knocking, a man shows his approval and pleasure of seeing his guest by giving him the Okujepisa Omukazendu treatment — the wife is given to his guest to spend the night while the husband sleeps in another room. In a case where there is no available room, her husband will sleep outside. This, apparently, reduces jealousy and fosters relationships.

Another is the “bathing is forbidden” rule. Rather than take their baths, the women take a smoke bath and apply aromatic resins on their skin.
They are also guided by the belief that the colour red signifies “Earth and blood”.

Their red skin is one of the things that make them extremely unique. The red colour is from the otjize paste (a combination of butterfat, omuzumba scrub and ochre) and its function is to protect their skin from the sun and insect bites.

Himba Influence in African Literature

The Himba people haven’t been represented a lot in Literature. However, in Nnedi Okorafor‘s fantasy novella Binti, the lead character ‘Binti’ is of the Himba poeple.

Okorafor describes the tribe as a “tribe in Namibia who use ‘sweet smelling otjize’, a mixture of ochre and butterfat over their skin, rolling it into their hair as protection against the desert sun”. In the novella, the Himba don’t travel, which directly contrasts the real Himba people who are nomads.

See More Below...

Source: https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/meet-the-people-of-the-himba-tribe-that-offer-sex-to-guests-id8676552-html/
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Nigeriapen1: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by dynicks(m): 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
quick quick! enroute to NAMIBIA on a business trip!

I really need to put up some investments in that country....hehehe

260 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by GloriaNinja(f): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
undecided WHICH ONE IS SMOKE BATH AGAIN? SO THEY DON'T USE WATER....HMMM WHO KNOWS HOW STINKY THEY WILL BE.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Kayusonline(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
Great work

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by pansophist(m): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
feminist won’t like this.

14 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by LuciferChristi: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Namibia is visa free!! grin grin grin

Among these is the “Man comes first” tradition. The woman has little or no opinion in the decision making. Submission to her husband’s demands come first.

Feminists won't like this part...

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by chiommy123(f): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
and the wife will accept to be used as kola to their visitors

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Zonex1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
issorit
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by czarina(f): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided WHICH ONE IS SMOKE BATH AGAIN? SO THEY DON'T USE WATER....HMMM WHO KNOWS HOW STINKY THEY WILL BE.
Not sure they'll be stinky with the resin and all they apply on their skin.

And stinky is relative, what is tagged stinky might be "scented" in other climes all thanks to cultural differences, acclimatization and a whole lot of other stuff.

check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Shegzy8(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Namibia is a very beautiful country...will love to visit there someday to check all their tourist attraction..HIMBA precisely is my headed destination

13 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
Akwa Ibom does it too na..
Chisos!!! who stone me bottle?
I was only playing na

169 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
grin
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by eddyghali(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
ceejayx:
Akwa Ibom does it too na.. Chisos!!! who stone me bottle?
Really mr raconteur, tell us more we didnt know

3 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by stubbornman(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
dynicks:
quick quick! enroute to NAMIBIA on a business trip!

I really need to put up some investments in that country....hehehe

You dey fvck up oh abi you no hear say these women no dey baff.... or you wan carry your priick go rub dorty angry angry

Well if the matter too bad i'll rather choose their daugthers over their wives... I'll tell my friend that i have a small apetite.. The daugther will do cool cool

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by MrThisandthat(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
Benue nko

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Factfinder1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
I can't fuc,'k any of this disgusting looking creatures

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by BruncleZuma: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Immigration Passport Office...

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Peter4naz(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
nawa oo. .
Husband who butchered his Wife Nearly Got burnt by Angry Mob...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng0kiJCoUXw
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by BruncleZuma: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
Factfinder1:
I can't fuc,'k any of this disgusting looking creatures
Aunty your príck dey show ooo

42 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by LazyNairalander(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
To what end exactly?

check my SIGNATURE.

1 Like

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by ZorGBUooeh: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Chai! Pls where is there embassy? And dem gels sabi fine.

2 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by RotgakSlay(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
,na dem say oh....

I thought Tiv people of Benue state was doing similar tin bfor. but itz between d frnd of d man n his wife if he visit dem.

yeah!!! who slap me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Kclique: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hmmmm.
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by neweraomo: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
The next available ticket I'm out
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Amberon11: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Benue
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
neweraomo:
The next available ticket I'm out
All for sex?
Just negodu!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by potent5(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
The place to be. A man with 3 wives be sampling it for ya. Take your pick.

3 Likes

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by bluefilm: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
HIV will be uncountable for that side.

Abeg I no want.

1 Like

Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by Sharpshooota: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sarrki where you dey?

Let's go visit some people grin
Re: Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests by pocohantas(f): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
I hope they use protection.
Since na fck them come to this world to do.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.