Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

What's The Idea Behind Lagos State Government Picking Hawker's On The Street? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Idea Behind Lagos State Government Picking Hawker's On The Street? (354 Views)

'Saboteurs Behind Lagos Refuse' - Cleaner Lagos Initiative / Oby Ezekwesili Picking Trash At Kuje Market, Abuja (Photos) / Buy From Hawker On The Road, Go To Jail – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Idea Behind Lagos State Government Picking Hawker's On The Street? by Amustical(m): 10:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Speaking out my mind, I don't really care what's the idea behind Lagos state government picking hawker's and dropping them inside black maria, later demand #90,000 for bail out for their offence “hawking in street of Lagos state”. I'm a great fan of development and civilisation but strongly against such in this recession period we drove ourselves into. Not until you provide Jobs and people aren't doing then you can stop some petty hustling like hawking in the state. Everyday people getting sack, inflation rises, house rent piled up, school fees rise and above all the rich getting richer and poor dying of hungry. Same poor people feeling the immediate policies of government that's not affecting rich, set by the rich or Top class. Why can't the government that's aim at serving us understand Nigeria is suffering. We aren't Americans, nor British standard of economy not even close to South Africa at this point. I huge Lagos state government to look into this critically and understand people hawking goods worth of #5000-1000 and paying #90, 000 fine for legal hustling can't just be best step to develop Lagos atlease for now . This in-line with the federal government in name of change banned the importation of rice we don't produce in Nigeria yet to sky rock the price from #7000 to #19000 how many government officials buy rice at all? They have free food almost all the time. Same government failed to make rice available before taking this drastic decision. Worst of all the Poor dying day by day, recession is already in country meaning more of us will be in this pain. Remember I said before now am a firm supporter of positive change, civilisation and development but I won't agree when only policies are directing to limit the effort of Nigerians that's trying to make daily coins.
Re: What's The Idea Behind Lagos State Government Picking Hawker's On The Street? by lawani: 10:39am On Sep 11, 2016
Hustling builds no nation. Show me a nation built by hustlers. The right way to do business is to have an address when you are big, then employ and pay a taxable wage. No working under the table or hustling is necessary. That is not healthy. If Lagos sit up, Lagos can make 200 billion naira a month from income tax.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Eid-el-kabir Message To Nigerians / I Inherited Nothing From Prev Govt / Mps Attack Cameron Over Libya 'collapse'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.