Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,206 members, 7,867,505 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Keyamo And His Ex(?) Wife Trade Words In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo And His Ex(?) Wife Trade Words In Court (862 Views)

Alleged Cadet Assault: Where Is Keyamo And Falana? / Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) / Jonathan, Dickson, Archbishop Trade Words at Azazi's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo And His Ex(?) Wife Trade Words In Court by ohisng(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2009
MRS. Irene Keyamo, estranged wife of the Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr. Festus Keyamo, yesterday told an Ikeja High Court that her husband (Keyamo) only tells lies before the court to feign pretence that he takes good care of their children.

However, Keyamo, who was in a face-to-face argument with his wife, denied the allegations, saying he has always wished and gave out his best for the children in-spite of his wife’s attitude allegedly preventing him reasonable access to the children.

He said: “I cannot be more magnanimous than that. What I want is for my children to attend the best of schools in Lagos and not a slum school in Ketu. I spent millions on their education and they split the money and put the children in some slum school in Ketu. I do not want custody, what I want is for the respondent to give me two days to register my children in the best of schools in Lagos.”

Justice Elfreda Dawodu-Williams is handling the case.

At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, the court stood down the case while urging them to agree on some terms. After the conference both parties agreed that they be registered at Hallifield school.

The court granted an order on terms agreed by the parties. In her ruling, Justice Dawodu-Williams ordered that “the petitioner and the respondent should be involved in the registration of the children from Wednesday (today) and Thursday. They shall remain with the respondent pending the time of the suit. Every two weeks , the petitioner shall have in custody the children from 12 noon Saturday and return them by Sunday noon.”

Both parties presented their case before the court with Irene insisting that his husband was unfair to her over the children’s care. In her evidence she said: “ Its just quite unfortunate that everything he has said are all lies. He has not send any money.

I was the one begging him to be responsible to send money to cater for his children. He threatened me by saying that after all when the children grow up they would want to know who their father is. It is unfortunate that he is saying all this now in the court.

It was April last year that I sent him text messages to wish him ‘happy father’s day’ on behalf of the children and after that he responded by sending me money (N50,000) and thereafter he called me back and said that he wanted to see his children. I asked him where? He said his office or Mr Biggs and I opted for Mr Biggs and when I got there he saw the children and later on he said that I should take them home.

“I want the court to ask him how many children he has and how many of them he has taken care of. I do not want any woman or house help to take care of my children for me while am alive. Never!”

However, Keyamo insisted that he gave the best for the children. He said “because of the inordinate wish of the respondent to be lone with the children and to prevent me from taking them away on regular basis and returning them to her afterwards, she is prepared to destroy their educational future.

This trend of insisting I should not take my children away, even for one hour has continued for more that two years now. I only desire to see my children regularly and give them my fatherly love and care as they grow up.

“I have so far been responsible for my children’s medical bills and in the past two years I have shopped for the clothes of the children on many occasions when I traveled to different parts of the world.”

Further hearing in the case was adjourned till November 11, 2009.

MY OPINION-Keyamo is just a mouthy person! Who wants to know how many millions he spends on school fees or that he shops for clothes for the children abroad? Is that the crux of the matter? With so many children from various women, he is unfit to look after any child. Is money the criteria for judging who a good father is? His inability to ZIP UP shows that he is emotionally immature and so cantbe trusted with a child since he cant be trusted with his sexual urges
Re: Keyamo And His Ex(?) Wife Trade Words In Court by candylips(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2009
na wa o so Keyamo na womanizer cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I’m Not God, But I Don’t See How Aregbesola Can Win – Tunde Odanye, Pdp Chieft / . / Was Dora Akunyili Ever A Technocrat Or A Political Animal In Disguise ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.