Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? (496 Views)

President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / President Buhari To Send Letter To National Assembly On Monday / THE YOUTHS OF THIS COUNTRY ARE BEGGING FOR ATIKU TO LEAD THEM(2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? by engrhorla(m): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
The theme of this write up is to justify the importance of the dual legislative chambers we are running in Nigeria.

The two glorified houses has been on break( I can't remember the terminology for it) since 8weeks or so.

In that period, has Nigeria as a country missed this arm of government?

Can we really compare their perceived break with a break by the executive or judiciary?

In what way has the break affected Nigerians politically, economically, infrastructural, socially or in any way at all

Look at this: Since the break they embarked on, budget padding issue came up, they deemed it as a peripheral issue which will go with time - they refuse to call off the break

Nigeria officially went into recession - that did not concern them

BBOG protesters were attacked by police, they did as if all of them are on vacation in a location without CNN, BBC, Channels or internet

If none of these national issues can't make these overpaid lawmakers to cut short their break, then of what importance are they?

As if that is not enough, they have extended the break by one week! One solid week!

I hope you will notice the clerk of the National Assembly has no official email address. With all the allowances they are being paid o

Fine there is Sallah break next Tuesday, can't they bring the resumption time forward?
And if that is not possible, how about resuming on Wednesday?

Please nairalanders, come on board and let's look at this together!

We deserve better from our lawmakers, honestly. Constructive and thought provoking comments please

#NigeriaBelongs2U&I

Cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? by dunkem21(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
We love it like that..

Aminu Tambuwal shut down NASS for over 6 months.

cheesy
Re: As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? by engrhorla(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
dunkem21:
We love it like that..

Aminu Tambuwal shut down NASS for over 6 months.

cheesy

Aminu Tambuwal? 6 months? When was that?
Re: As A Country, Are We Missing National Assembly? by engrhorla(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
50 views, no meaningful contribution

Like a guest on ChannelsTV said today, there are all forms of recession in Nigeria

I have also noticed recession in Nairaland

Gone are those days when a meaningful, thought-provoking thread will stay on d FP for days

(1) (Reply)

Are We Heading For A Depression In Our Economy? / Confessions Of A Die Hard Gej's Supporter-I Thank God For Making Buhari Pres. / Seek Experts’ Advice On Economy, Emir Of Kano Sanusi Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.