Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates (20782 Views)

Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Ministerial Nominee To Chase Out Demons In The Power Sector / $300,000 Start-up Capital: Ghana Exempts ECOWAS Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by whiteroses(f): 12:32am On Oct 09, 2009
ghana-naija when will their wahala end. ghananians are always feeling bullied by nigerians and nigerians are always wondering what they did wrong. maybe ghananians are scared and think if we are not careful with that country nigeria they'll swallow our country up oneday lol
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by shesi(m): 2:30am On Oct 09, 2009
This is a good point that would be valid if it does not ignore the fact that in an economic regional bloc like ECOWAS ( you can consult the rulebook of ECOWAS if you want) member nations must attempt to make it easier, not more difficult, for other member nations to do business within its terrain !!! What is the point of ECOWAS if Ghana will treat businessmen from its fellow member nation worse than it would treat businessmen from Lebanon? The UK may have no problem blocking the entrance of Nigerian goods into its market but it will not practice such barefaced protectionism against Germany because , as members of the same economic regional bloc, the UK knows it will quickly be called to order for such a flagrant disregard of EU rules.

Ghana can go ahead with its plan but all of us , most especially Shesi , must understand and acknowledge that this is uncharted territory Ghana is venturing into. Up until now , and despite the petty 'discrimination' against each others exports, citizens of ECOWAS nations have not been treated as expatriates when they have sought to do business in the nations of other member States. Let God give us all long lives so that we can see what Ghana's unprecedented action portends for the future.

It is true that ECOWAS does not work. Nonetheless , it is still an existing entity . It is foolish for member nations to ignore this fact with actions that flagrantly violate the most fundamental tenets of West Africa's economic regional bloc.

Look, lets be honest, Nigerians are only crying ecowas ecowas cus it suits their purposes in this discussion. If the tables were turned,, you can bet the overwhelming consensus will be 'which ecowas?'

We in Ghana are not going to put our economy and social systems under unnecessary strain because of an organization like ecowas. what is ecowas? what has ghana benefitted from ecowas.

When i questioned the suitability of ecowas earlier, i wasn't questioning the wisdom in forming trade blocs, I was questioning the practicability of Ecowas specifically. Despite it's name, Ecowas was never really meant to serve an economic purpose. Ecowas' chief purpose was peace-keeping, and to facilitate movement of West African citizens escaping War in their own countries. GHana has benefitted nowt from ecowas. All we do is send our soldiers to die in peace keeping missions. That is what ecowas means to the ordinary ghanaian on the street when they hear the world.

The francophones do their own thing. Nigeria only plays by the rules when it suits her, and Liberia and Sierra Leone only contribute refugees (not so much lately). Why should we be bound by this organization. Ecowas serves no purpose ordinary bilateral agreements couldn't accomplish. It's time to get back to the drawing table if we want economic integration. You can't compare Ecowas to the EU. Just can't.

It makes every sense to set minimum standards for foreigners hoping to do business in your country. Why don't the western countries allow anybody who wants to move into their countries? Free movement of people is part of the Universal declaration of Human rights. So why do we still need visas then?

When you are dealing with a country whose population outnumber yours by 500%, you don't open your borders freely. Especially when it's a country whose systems are currently not working and majority of its population may be looking for a way out if not now in the near future. Check America (the flag-bearer of free trade)'s foreign policy when it comes to China.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 09, 2009
Abeg make una leave Ghana mehn,  I'm Naija and yet I feel for them. A country of 20 million will always feel threatened by an imposing 150 million strong economic behemoth just close to its borders.

Like someone said above we could  quite literally swallow them up without noticing.

But they would notice.    cool cool
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Fhemmmy: 3:13am On Oct 09, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Abeg make una leave Ghana mehn,  I'm Naija and yet I feel for them. A country of 20 million will always feel threatened by an imposing 150 million strong economic behemoth just close to its borders.

Like someone said above we could  quite literally swallow them up without noticing.

But they would    cool cool

I think we need to pay more attention to how to make our leaders get real and come into the real world and stop being a jackass.
Ghana is not a threat to Nigeria at all and never will be, but it is a wake up call that Nigeria needs to do something for it to be back on the map of good things and not for fraud and corruptive leadership
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Oct 09, 2009
Oh boy!!! Instead of considering the possible reasons why Ghana may have chosen this route, people are going on and on about some imagined NIGERIA-GHANA rivalry. OOga ooo!!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by baekdoosan(m): 3:22am On Oct 09, 2009
it's they're country. And they can do whatever they like with their country. You can't blame them.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Fhemmmy: 3:25am On Oct 09, 2009
Well said, but i hope nigerian govt will see what is happening and make our own nation better, and probably learn how to protect nigeria and the economy to the advantage of nigerians.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Gbawe: 3:59am On Oct 09, 2009
Many folks dont see the big picture. For most , and in consonant with how we tend to be visceral in Africa , "Ghana can do what it wants and if Nigeria is unhappy they too can retaliate in kind" . Sadly that type of thinking is stoking the fire of what is already spilling over into xenophobic attacks plus crude and panic-led protectionist actions . Without cool heads the next phase will be one we will all regret. This situation appears set to worsen because the Government of both nations , rather than be decisive in arresting a degenerating situation, prefer to stoke the embers of what may become a raging fire. While the Ghana investment promotion council busies itself with conjuring ways of harrassing Nigerian businesses alone Nigerian Ministers and political leaders, perhaps out of frustration at their own cluelessness, are busy taunting Ghana ungraciously with disparaging utterances . If we see large scale South-Africa type xenophobic attacks in either Nigeria or Ghana then it will be 'par for the course' considering how enough condemnation is not coming from both sides as per the incendiary actions and utterances we have seen of late from both nations. The article below has an overt bias in favour of Nigeria but its content , many of which we can all confirm the truthfulness of , should worry sensible folks.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4971:ghanaians-must-grow-up-or-else&catid=96:columnists&Itemid=350

Ghanaians must grow up, or else…

Thursday, 10 September 2009 01:07 Ebere Onwudiwe & Okey C. Iheduru   

While markets ‘dynamise,’ nation-states restrain and demobilise.” This aphorism best explains the recent spate of anti-Nigerian sentiments in Ghana. The attacks seem to have picked up since October, 2008 when the Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) sealed up the shops of Nigerian traders on the ground that they failed to comply with a protectionist law requiring foreigners to pay a US$350,000 registration fee before engaging in retail trading.  On September 2, 2009, a Nigerian who had lived almost 20 years in the US before moving back to Ghana three years ago, became one of the growing statistics of mob attacks when a commuter bus collided with his Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) along Achimota road in Accra, Ghana. His mix of American and a little Nigerian accent was all the bus driver and his raging passengers needed to almost lynch this ‘Nigerian armed robber.’ This was simply because he protested that they must get the cops over before he would allow the bus driver to leave the accident scene.

Today, many Nigerians in Ghana seem to have resigned themselves to their fate. Vitriolic attacks on and cyber-lynching for anything Nigerian seem to be a staple of much of Ghanaian online discussion boards such as www.ghanaweb.com. There is even a derisively tagged ‘Nigerians are coming’ bag, an insipid imitation of Nigeria’s ‘Ghana must go’ bag (a reminder of Nigeria’s 1982 cruelty to Ghanaians resident in the country).
While it would be a stretch to claim that Ghanaian authorities approve of this rising xenophobia, the frequency of these attacks, the willingness of many otherwise reasonable people to join the action and the fact that few, if any, of the culprits are ever apprehended and prosecuted can suggest government culpability.  

Ghanaians, of course, have the right to enact investment laws, but what threatens to further ruin relations between our two countries is the stipulation that foreigners doing business in Ghana must have a capital base of US$350,000 (about N50 million) to be allowed to operate. While the law is ostensibly designed to protect Ghanaian investors from foreigners with better business acumen and background, its implementation suggests it was designed primarily to tame Nigerians’ ‘aggressive’ business practices. This is especially because the only shops closed under this law were those of Nigerians.
The Ghanaian government even tried to get Nigerian businessmen to form ‘one company’ and continue doing their businesses in the country, noting that the goods owned by the companies would form part of the outrageous US$350,000 requirement. Someone should tell the closet Stalinists in Accra that the orientation of Nigerian capitalists cannot accommodate this kind of temptation.

In Ghana, some academics and government officials are quick to say “you people” ignominiously expelled over two million West African ‘illegal’ aliens (mostly Ghanaians) from Nigeria in 1982. True, but two wrongs cannot make a right. Besides, regarding the 1982 Nigerian expulsion of Ghanaians and the harassment of Nigerians in today’s Ghana, the situation is hardly the same. In any case, we do not find it necessary to remind our Ghanaian brethren that Ghana was the first to mass-deport ‘aliens’ in 1972. Or that most Nigerians in today’s Ghana are only there to invest and are not free loaders that can in anyway constitute a burden to the Ghanaian state.

By April this year, Nigerian investments in Ghana topped the US$1 billion mark, about 17 percent of Ghana’s gross domestic product. Yet, there is no Akwa Abaa for these boosts to Ghana’s economy. Instead, many Ghanaians see the investments as ‘domination’ complete with gory tales of the ‘corrupting influence’ of the Nigerian investor. No such knee-jerk resentment for Obruni (white) investors that Ghanaians like to worship in Obuasi gold fields.  

South Africans invest heavily in Nigeria and no Nigerian lifts a finger in protest. They have so far been thankful, as they should! The people and government of Ghana should welcome Nigerian investors and traders the way Nigerians welcome South Africans. In fact, relative to total population, the proportion of African entrepreneurs in Nigeria dwarfs the numbers for Ghana and South Africa combined.

Nigerians armed with petro-dollars are not enemies. They are not the problem in Ghana where the rising stench of xenophobia is rooted in large-scale poverty and economic dependency (over 60 35 percent of annual budget is official development assistance.) In 2006, Nigeria doled out $40 million to get the Ghanaian government out of an asphyxiating oil crisis, plus 200 vehicles to enhance their police mobility.

The bottom line is that xenophobic violence can beget xenophobic violence. Worse, Nigeria’s government may decide to wield the big stick against Ghana to set an African example of it’s promised ‘citizen diplomacy.’ 
We doubt that the people and government of Ghana are in any position to deal with a Nigerian backlash. Ghana’s manufacturing and service sectors are largely dependent for their bottom line on what Ghanaians unappreciatively call Nigeria’s “aggressive capitalism and stupid wealth.” What if Nigerians decide to withdraw their investments, will these sectors not atrophy?
Regarding their primitive attitude towards intra-African trade and investments, a warning to Ghana should be in order. They must stop and think, or else….
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Fhemmmy: 4:02am On Oct 09, 2009
Gbawe:

Many folks dont see the big picture. For most , and in consonant with how we tend to be visceral in Africa , "Ghana can do what it wants and if Nigeria is unhappy they too can retaliate in kind" . Sadly that type of thinking is stoking the fire of what is already spilling over into xenophobic attacks plus crude and panic-led protectionist actions . Without cool heads the next phase will be one we will all regret. This situation appears set to worsen because the Government of both nations , rather than be decisive in arresting a degenerating situation, prefer to stoke the embers of what may become a raging fire. While the Ghana investment promotion council busies itself with ways of harrassing Nigerian businesses alone Nigerian Ministers and political leaders, perhaps out of frustration at their own cluelessness, are busy taunting Ghana ungraciously . If we see large scale South-Africa type xenophobic attacks in either Nigeria of Ghana then it will be 'par for the course' considering how enough condemnation is not coming from both sides as per the incendiary actions and utterances we have seen of late from both nations. The article below has an overt bias in favour of Nigeria but its content , many of which we can all confirm the truthfulness of , should worry sensible folks.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4971:ghanaians-must-grow-up-or-else&catid=96:columnists&Itemid=350

i bet most of our unlawful makers ave no clue what this will mean, and what the effect will be on the citizens they are making law for, Nigeria has nver been a nation that provide for the people, it is always about them and what they can make and steal.
Like i said, i hope this will wake them up and make them to protect Nigerians and make decisions that will favour us.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Gbawe: 4:30am On Oct 09, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i bet most of our unlawful makers ave no clue what this will mean, and what the effect will be on the citizens they are making law for, Nigeria has nver been a nation that provide for the people, it is always about them and what they can make and steal.
Like i said, i hope this will wake them up and make them to protect Nigerians and make decisions that will favour us.

My brother , what are we seeing now that history has not slapped us with in the past? From the numerous responses on this and other forums it is obvious we have clearly learnt nothing from the past !!! Post independence it was Ghana that first expelled 'aliens' . Nigeria followed suit not too long in the future. On both occasions the signs of disaffection and frustrations with the 'aliens' were obvious. Many reasonable individals on both sides , and as per both 'alien' expulsion excercise, would have spoken against the wrongful and intolerant actions that needed to be curbed to avert the ugliness and enmity xenophobic angst can bring . Clearly they were ignored by those who argued in the past (as is being done today) that Ghana/Nigeria is "doing what it has to do".

Till today both Nations have not been able to move on from the rancours of past 'injustice'. With the abundance of pugnaciousness , fueled by amnesia, from both side and a distinct dearth of commonsense everywhere it is becoming obvious we are heading for dejavu.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Oct 09, 2009
emeka_gh:

Interesting thread. And as usual filled again with ignorant outburst from some ill informed, but passionate people. Anyway I have lived in the two worlds - Nigeria and Ghana. And I like to give my opinion is this matter.

At those creating rumours about chasing out Nigerians,
That is not the case. Ghana is simply trying to regulate their [size=14pt]business [/size] environment. And it's a buyers market like Shesi said. If the cost of [size=14pt]doing business [/size] in Ghana becomes 'untainable' for any reason, [size=14pt]business[/size] men (women) with make necessary decision. I don't have yet the $300,000 (or $1m) required do business in Ghana, but I know I can start a $10,000 (or less) chicken/fish farm business in Nigeria or Benin/Togo. Why do I need to bother about Ghana's conditionality? Lets quit this unnecessary noise about Ghana, it's simply not worth it!

WOw!! Someone actually read the article?? shocked
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by kech(f): 5:35am On Oct 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOw!! Someone actually read the article?? shocked
LMAOPIMP!!! Kobojunkie I tire oooo. All the hard work put in just to prove a point. Persin fit get headache. LOL!!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by unclebros: 7:42am On Oct 09, 2009
All of you yabbing Ghana, am sorry for you. i did my masters programe in ghana few years ago and it was a good experience
if Ghana has 20% of what Naija has, beleive me we will be going through a tough time gettin a visa to Ghana

I love that country and i beleive in what they are doing. So una wan go there and spoil the place already. I was in ghana last year december and i heard the nigerian bankers and my fellow ibo brodas don make the house rent capapult!

See what I mean we are carrying our naija syndrome to spoil thier country and they have the rite to protect their local content PERRIOD! angry

God bless Accra, God Bless God, God , Naija!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by aquita(m): 8:00am On Oct 09, 2009
Even Ghana? I no blame dem.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ishmael(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2009
i can't blame ghana; they are only trying to protect their economy, because they know that if foreigners like nigerians are not checked they may corrupt and spoil ghana like nigeria. if it pains nigeria then nigeria should put things in order here and see if ghana would not be begging nigerians to even pay them a visit atleast, not to talk of coming to do biz there. if it really border our leaders they will take a positive step to make the nigerian economy better.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by unclebros: 8:16am On Oct 09, 2009
population, we dey
Technology, we dey
opportunities, we dey
wealth, we dey
natural resources, we dey
Skills and talents, we dey

just imagine if we get things right in this country, nobody needs to go anywhere talkless of Ghana

Electricity, Ghana dey
good system, Ghana dey
good people, Ghana dey
good leadership, Ghana dey
accountability, Ghana dey
enabling environment, Ghana dey
Will of the people, Ghana dey
True democracy, Ghana dey
Obama visit and interests, Ghana dey

Tell me why people wont go there? they have seen our mistakes and used that to improve thier economy and besides democracy is very stable over there.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by semid4lyfe(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2009
And the xenophobia continues -

This move by Ghana is self-serving and purely Anti-Ecowas cos it breaches the ECOWAS charter and protocol.

The Nigerian Government should come out and condemn this move in the strongest terms.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by gbabe1: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2009
Tiyin ti bayin big time, even Ghana too is kicking your ass, kai.

Until we have active pple in the Govt, the story continues.

Ghana lasan lasan, kai!!!!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by aquita(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2009
Let us leave Ghana alone. No be dem kobalise us. We only need to do our homework and get things right. Ghana is conducive for investments. We can`t blame the investors trooping to Ghana and we can`t blame the Ghanaian government for trying to protect their own. Like Yoruba people will say : ti idi ba baje toni idi lo ma da (meaning if nyansh spoil na the owner of the nyansh go suffer the consequences). However, Ghana is still a member of ECOWAS and they should obey all treaties.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ezeagu(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2009
Democracy? No!!!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Gbawe: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2009
semid4lyfe:

And the xenophobia continues -

This move by Ghana is self-serving and purely Anti-Ecowas cos it breaches the ECOWAS charter and protocol.

The Nigerian Government should come out and condemn this move in the strongest terms.

My brother , leave folks be.  Let them continue to ignore what is patently wrong in the spirit of "anything done to Nigerians is acceptable because they are bad people".

Someone even ridiculously submitted above that Ghanaians are good people as if Nigerians are not !!!! Many Nigerians have now been brainwashed into hating themselves enough to think we are deserving of whatever is done against us - however unjust !!!!!

Since all we do is leave our Country to spoil that of others and engage in 419 alone , why should the world not decide to invade Nigeria, gas us and put us out of our misery? That would probably please self-loathing Nigerians , many who now carry non-Nigerian Passports, because they believe we should not be accorded civility granted everyone else .

This is not about Ghana "trying to regulate its business enviroment". There are numerous ways they can do that which will not include a less than transparent attempt to target a particular "trouble maker" nation. Only Nigerian businesses have been closed forcefully till today because of the non-payment of an 'emergency' levy amounting to $350,000 !!! No Ghanaians member of this forum , or their Nigerian apologists , have attempted to speak about this crassly protectionist and distasteful act targeted at Nigerians alone !!!! Since Nigeria is down now everyone should feel free to kick her in the head . They can be rest assured that many Nigerians will support their unjust behaviour against Nigerians.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by okeey(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2009
is not good at all
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ikeyman00(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2009
@@@@@@@

okaaaaaay

lets get one thing clear; a lot of people well nigerians proclaim expertise in everything when they arent; football, politics etc then u wonder the reason we arent moving and developin the country;

just take a look at all the write up posted above; completely written from baboon brain; oh ghana chose to regulate their market cuz the nigerians ba bla;

one question i wana ask u ratarded fellows is; what is globalisation in undercover terms; i think its expolitation; the west does it and u monkey african couldnt see it; hence it easy to transfer billions from nigeria to western country with no worries; what yall talkin about; yal talk shit; very big shit; how many times the western companies have caught up in bribe scandal just to win a contract in africa; or Ghana is corrupt-proof; they arent corrupt?

how do u know the indians, chinese and the lebanese in nigeria arent milkin all yall baboon brain-drivers!! ehuu so why would anyone bent on alludin every shit to nigeria

take a look at shesi its obivious he is bent on defendin ghana; cuz he just arent making anysense at all; now can someone read this
shesi
Look, lets be honest, Nigerians are only crying ecowas ecowas cus it suits their purposes in this discussion. If the tables were turned,, you can bet the overwhelming consensus will be 'which ecowas?'

We in Ghana are not going to put our economy and social systems under unnecessary strain because of an organization like ecowas. what is ecowas? what has ghana benefitted from ecowas.

When i questioned the suitability of ecowas earlier, i wasn't questioning the wisdom in forming trade blocs, I was questioning the practicability of Ecowas specifically. Despite it's name, Ecowas was never really meant to  serve an economic purpose. Ecowas' chief purpose was peace-keeping, and to facilitate movement of West African citizens escaping War in their own countries. GHana has benefitted nowt from ecowas. All we do is send our soldiers to die in peace keeping missions. That is what ecowas means to the ordinary ghanaian on the street when they hear the world.

The francophones do their own thing. Nigeria only plays by the rules when it suits her, and Liberia and Sierra Leone only contribute refugees (not so much lately). Why should we be bound by this organization. Ecowas serves no purpose ordinary bilateral agreements couldn't accomplish. It's time to get back to the drawing table if we want economic integration.  You can't compare Ecowas to the EU. Just can't.

It makes every sense to set minimum standards for foreigners hoping to do business in your country. Why don't the western countries allow anybody who wants to move into their countries? Free movement of people is part of the Universal declaration of Human rights. So why do we still need visas then?

When you are dealing with a country whose population outnumber yours by 500%, you don't open your borders freely. Especially when it's a country whose systems are currently not working and majority of its population may be looking for a way out if not now in the near future. Check America (the flag-bearer of free trade)'s foreign policy when it comes to China.

now u tell me if u assimaliate anything from that; even kolo-retarded couldnt see niether

he talk on on immgration which is just arent compatable in line of the discussion at any time; oh yes ECOWA aint ECC; he only set out to defend his country even when the country done bad; shesi u once again demostrated u are a real bloody ghanaian and i make no appology to that; your post has gone as far to vindicate all the retarded moves is simply bent on targetting nigerians so read again with all the incoherent back up at all cost making absolutely no sense what so ever;

do u know the number of illegal Ghanaian immgrant in UK alone?? if that is line u used to back your case?? u are joke; u really are

they come in here tellin us they ued to live in Ghana, yes u probably spent your whole life in accra; they tell us how the electricity is runnin good and stuff; no wonder defer to emm tell us about the whole country; if 24-7 electricity is really nationwide cuz each time BBC step downto ghana i know what me sees on my tele; so what up; no pic niether; yes ghana has done some good stuff; but make no mistake lets not get too carried away

therefore one thing certain right here

num 1; ghana has shown that africa with some seriousness can rise again

num2; ghana spend half of their lifetime hating and talkin about nigeria

so the only way forward is; it up to nigeria to wake its smelly ass; simple!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by slimes(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2009
Ghana is getting everything wrong here. They don't even know the meaning of ECOWAS. The sooner they realize that selfish interests ends in futility, the better for them. Well, now we understand that these Ghanians are beginning to be so rude like the South Africans.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by chidichris(m): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2009
Ghana is getting everything wrong here. They don't even know the meaning of ECOWAS. The sooner they realize that selfish interests ends in futility, the better for them. Well, now we understand that these Ghanians are beginning to be so rude like the South Africans.

@slimes,
no, u are rather the one getting it wrong here.
a bag is tagged, "Ghana Must Go" and if we go back to the root of that name, we will agree that there is nothing wrong in getting another bag with such tag as " nigeria must go".
one good turn they say deserves another.
as a man prepares his bed, so shall he lie on it.
i see beyond ghanians chassing nigerians out of their country, benin, togo and cote d'ivoire will soon follow suit.
their leaders have made their country ok for their citizens so nigerians must learn to come back and die in their own country.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ikeyman00(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@
another retard upstairs

a bag is tagged ghana must go but what u dnt know is there is a bag now tagged nigerians are coming did shesi tell u that

no; continue talkin from your amala ass

ghana ? if ghanaians think they could chase away people in their country like u prophetise; they are dreamin cuz not all dreams come true u know

ghana on what capacity?? haba Ghana

NO COMMENT!
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by thando(f): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2009
The tag "nigeria must go" is only gonna gain momentum wherever there is a signifant number of nigerians, whether in ghana kenya lybia or china
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Martass: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2009
Now you are beginning to sound pitiable my friend, Nigeria is not down, there are just too many bad things being done by Nigerians in Nigeria. Just clean up.

Nigeria is lucky to be endowed with natural resources especially oil which many countries don't have and that is the difference. It's too low to be whining when you have a golden spoon in your mouth. It's not like Nigeria worked hard from bottom up to create the wealth it has, it just woke up one day to find itself in the midst of wealth. Just use it wisely, how difficult can this be?

The question you must be asking is, why is Ghana hiking this investment seed money to 300.000 or what ever? Ghana needs investors and that does not mean they should close their eyes to all things which could possibly create problems for their economy. Nigeria is not being targeted in any way, this law applies to all foreign investors.  

What you guys don’t realize is how this situation goes a long way to arrest xenophobic. If there is  no any form of regulation and petty investors come to choke the small Ghanaian economic system, that is when you will know what xenophobic is.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Rooneyboy(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2009
C what the government of this our beloved country is causing .
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by Martass: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2009
ikeymanoo,

You rather sound like an idiot. You don't make sense in what you write. Ghana can send you packing if they so wish and there is nothing, I mean nothing you could do whatsoever. Who the fuckin hell do you think you are? Let me tell you one more thing, Ghanaians don't spend a second thinking about Nigeria. Half wits like you always think Nigeria is the center of the world, my ass.
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2009
Martass

Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates
« #189 on: Today at 10:17:20 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ikeymanoo,

You rather sound like an idiot. You don't make sense in what you write. Ghana can send you packing if they so wish and there is nothing, I mean nothing you could do whatsoever. Who the fuckin hell do you think you are? Let me tell you one more thing, Ghanaians don't spend a second thinking about Nigeria. Half wits like you always think Nigeria is the center of the world, my ass.

hhhaa u are bloody fool; its obvious not all nigerians can be messed with!! and i am one of them!! so f uck u
by the way im sure lotsof nigeria in ghana got KWEKU passport lipsrsealed
Re: Ghana's Plan To Chase Out Nigerians - Classifies Ecowas Citizens As Expertrates by ikeyman00(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2009
thando (f)
south africa, kzn

Re: Why Nigerians Don't Tap Into South African Market?
« #186 on: Today at 10:03:42 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tag "nigeria must go" is only gonna gain momentum wherever there is a signifant number of nigerians, whether in ghana kenya lybia or china

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / 100 Cows Missing In Enugu - Fulani Herdsman Says / Dino Melaye's Abuja Home Under Siege By The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.