Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,721 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August (8903 Views)

Buhari Approves N35bn For The Niger Delta Amnesty Programme / Apapa Customs Rakes In N6.1b From Duty On Imported Rice. Read More / First Crude Oil Lift From Aje Field FPSO Due In August – Panoro Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by obailala(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2016
How I just wish this oil price disaster never happened, the true effects of corruption would have been clearly seen but instead today we hear people ignorantly saying things like "bring back our corruption" because during the time of unfettered corruption, life was easier. These ones have no clue about the effect of oil price, or probably like many others, they've been told that the drop in oil price isn't a weighty issue but that buhari is the one swallowing forex. It's even particularly sad that even educated folks also say this.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by AnanseK(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2016
Good news! We are making progress . The wailers will not. Like it. They hate progress.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by leghagha: 8:29am On Sep 09, 2016
It is the highest in 10 years because of the devaluation of the naira

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by banio: 8:32am On Sep 09, 2016
I wonder why this liberalisation policy did not get to ports. Importers should be free to import via any port they wish. Other ports are domant, Lagos making huge profit via FG policies. So Lagosians have been stealing billions monthly and short changing Nigeria. There is God

1 Like

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by PassingShot(m): 8:38am On Sep 09, 2016
atirolu:
Simply convert it to dollars value

convert previous administration to dollar value

let see what you get

They didn't tell Nigerian that import duties is now 35%higher than what it used to be
ChangebeginwithAPC

And why do we need to convert to dollars?

Educate me please?
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by Josmila(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

If we can generate this with fewer imports.... Were was our money going before??

Bro import Is bad for our economy the lesser the import the better... basic economics should tell u that

Louder please so those at the back can hear you
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by Josmila(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2016
The gains at the ports will not make headlines because it's not bad news, haters of this administration cringe at the sight of such news, it unsettles them as if it's not for the good of all
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by distilledwalex(m): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

If we can generate this with fewer imports.... Were was our money going before??

Bro import Is bad for our economy the lesser the import the better... basic economics should tell u that
You dey ansa this one.... Most of dem just come up here post sh!t all in the name of posting. . am certain he knew nothing about how bad this overdependent on importation is killing the economy
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by Johnrake69: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
How I just wish this oil price disaster never happened, the true effects of corruption would have been clearly seen but instead today we hear people ignorantly saying things like "bring back our corruption" because during the time of unfettered corruption, life was easier. These ones have no clue about the effect of oil price, or probably like many others, they've been told that the drop in oil price isn't a weighty issue but that buhari is the one swallowing forex. It's even particularly sad that even educated folks also say this.

And am very sure you're among those that honestly believe corruption started during GEJ's administration. Nigerians have a very short memory and that is why politicians sway us with propaganda. Nigerians have forgotten how corrupt Shagari, IBB, OBJ, Abacha government were, and even the self proclaimed saint Buhari served under Abacha's administration. Among the oil producing nations, Nigeria is the only nation in recession. Now, about the forex issue, I guess you never came across the statement from Sanusi that described the current Fx regime.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by obailala(m): 10:56am On Sep 09, 2016
Johnrake69:

And am very sure you're among those that honestly believe corruption started during GEJ's administration. Nigerians have a very short memory and that is why politicians sway us with propaganda. Nigerians have forgotten how corrupt Shagari, IBB, OBJ, Abacha government were, and even the self proclaimed saint Buhari served under Abacha's administration. Among the oil producing nations, Nigeria is the only nation in recession. Now, about the forex issue, I guess you never came across the statement from Sanusi that described the current Fx regime.
1. I never insinuated in anyway that corruption started under GEJ. But you can quote me very well on this, 'corruption and looting reached a devilishly disastrous peak during the time of GEJ.' That's the reason why even though he enjoyed the highest uninterrupted oil income boom, he happens to be about one of the only Nigerian leaders who instead of growing our reserves commensurately, he depleted it disastrously. Just for your info, the amount of income Nigeria made within the 5 years of GEJ was well more than the total oil income Nigeria has made under every other president since 1958 till 2016 put together. If only a lot of people who defend this sleaze know the true extent of the destruction, I doubt even his children would want to defend him. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/jonathan-nigeria-earned-n51trillion-crude-oil/

Among the oil producing nations, Nigeria is the only nation in recession
Sorry to say but this is a very very ignorant statement. You have the access to the internet and google, do a simple research.

Now, about the forex issue, I guess you never came across the statement from Sanusi that described the current Fx regime.
SLS criticised the pegging of the currency and highlighted the loopholes in the policy. SLS did not downplay or deny that there was a major economic crisis caused by an over 60% drop in oil prices.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bayelsaowei(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
if oil price remained the same I bet you buhari won't be all jumpy jumpy looking for corrupt people...He would just have had much fun before 2019... grin

They won't even speak of diversification...All scam....
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by obailala(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2016
bayelsaowei:
if oil price remained the same I bet you buhari won't be all jumpy jumpy looking for corrupt people...He would just have had much fun before 2019... grin

They won't even speak of diversification...All scam....
Truth of the matter is that, the only thing buhari truly knows how to do is to be tight-fisted. So assuming he even did no diversifying, moneys released for projects would be used for projects, we wouldn't be hearing stories of how money released to pay contractors ends up in someone's bank account and we wouldn't be watching helplessly how every tom dick and harry just buys private jets at the expense of our roads and other relevant infrastructure. If only half of the moneys signed off for projects by GEJ were actually spent for the projects, Nigeria would have been miles ahead by now and we would have had substantial infrastructure in place to help us weather this oil crash recession; that was my only grouse with GEJ.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by Jameskyrian(m): 11:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Truth234:
The Apapa Command of Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) announced a record monthly revenue of N34,923,757,810.77 in August.

The revenue was about N8 billion higher than N27 billion generated in July, and it is the highest monthly reported revenue by any customs command in the country in the last 10 years.

According to Willy Egbudin, a customs area controller of the command,“A remarkable feature of this is that it was made at a time the ports were said to be having low volume of trade and shipping companies reported to be leaving the country in the face of some trade restrictions and high exchange rate regime.”

However, he said the increase was a result of increased supervision, closer monitoring and regular outreach to importers and agents, “on the need to comply while issuing demand notices for infractions like under-declaration detected.”

He further stated that “We have persistently urged officers of the command to continually work to redouble their efforts in maximum revenue collection, speed in legitimate trade facilitation and uncompromising enforcement of all customs laws.”

”The Comptroller General’s directives are very clear on matters affecting our duties. We must not in any way act outside the law or encourage people to do so. Importers and agents who violate the law will face the full wrath of it and I can assure you all that I will not spare any customs officer collaborator. Any attempt to shortchange the government under my watch here will not be treated with kid gloves” the Controller warned recently.”

http://investorsking.com/apapa-customs-generates-a-record-n35bn-in-august/

Wow and yet we're broke ....am supposed to rejoice to that aite.?

Amd yet FG approves borrowing from IMF....ndi ara
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bayelsaowei(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
Truth of the matter is that, the only thing buhari truly knows how to do is to be tight-fisted. So assuming he even did no diversifying, moneys released for projects would be used for projects, we wouldn't be hearing stories of how money released to pay contractors ends up in someone's bank account and we wouldn't be watching helplessly how every tom dick and harry just buys private jets at the expense of our roads and other relevant infrastructure. If only half of the moneys signed off for projects by GEJ were actually spent for the projects, Nigeria would have been miles ahead by now and we would have had substantial infrastructure in place to help us weather this oil crash recession; that was my only grouse with GEJ.
it would still be hard for buhari if that was the case.. because he is surrounded by thieves...All thieves... grin

Them go play am wayo tire...

I think structures would have fought corruption better rather than thinking one man would just come and stop people from stealing..I hope you do know that right under buharis nose a lot of monies are stolen.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by obailala(m): 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
bayelsaowei:
it would still be hard for buhari if that was the case.. because he is surrounded by thieves...All thieves... grin

Them go play am wayo tire...

I think structures would have fought corruption better rather than thinking one man would just come and stop people from stealing..I hope you do know that right under buharis nose a lot of monies are stolen.
Even if they steal under his nose (which is an inevitable situation in a nation of thieves), whatever is stolen can never be compared with the level at which it was happening under the last guy; in fact the last guy didn't even see anything wrong in it so that gives you a clear picture.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bayelsaowei(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
Even if they steal under his nose (which is an inevitable situation in a nation of thieves), whatever is stolen can never be compared with the level at which it was happening under the last guy; in fact the last guy didn't even see anything wrong in it so that gives you a clear picture.
obailala u too dey worry yasef...

But I will tell you this...I would rather deal with a straight forward man than with a hypocrite...that explains gej and buhari. ...
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by Johnrake69: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:

1. I never insinuated in anyway that corruption started under GEJ. But you can quote me very well on this, 'corruption and looting reached a devilishly disastrous peak during the time of GEJ.' That's the reason why even though he enjoyed the highest uninterrupted oil income boom, he happens to be about one of the only Nigerian leaders who instead of growing our reserves commensurately, he depleted it disastrously. Just for your info, the amount of income Nigeria made within the 5 years of GEJ was well more than the total oil income Nigeria has made under every other president since 1958 till 2016 put together. If only a lot of people who defend this sleaze know the true extent of the destruction, I doubt even his children would want to defend him. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/jonathan-nigeria-earned-n51trillion-crude-oil/

You made your point and it's been well noted. Nobody is defending anybody and mind you, this is not the first time the media is coming up with bogus figures. SLS once came up with three different figures. No past leader inherited a working Nigeria if we want to go back to history. Every leader had it's challenge. The call for restructuring is possibly the only way out of this mess. The federal government is the cabal that is strangling everyone of us. The local government should be empowered because more than 90% of Nigerians live in a Local government and as such power should rest there.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by MrCounselor: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
atirolu:

let see what you get

They didn't tell Nigerian that import duties is now 35%higher than what it used to be
ChangebeginwithAPC

I believe you.
Got something imported this week and the cost of import duties is more than what was imported.

Which way Nigeria?
We don enter am.

1 Like

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by atirolu(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
PassingShot:

And why do we need to convert to dollars?

Educate me please?

The essence of the post is to further the propaganda of the this administration that they are generating more money compared to what the past administration claim to be generating
, ordinary it was claim to be record breaking achievement, however the value of that money is not what it used to be on dollar value, beside that importation duties have gone high by 35% is just a simple calculation
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
atirolu:

The essence of the post is to further the propaganda of the this administration that they are generating more money compared to what the past administration claim to be generating
, ordinary it was claim to be record breaking achievement, however the value of that money is not what it used to be on dollar value, beside that importation duties have gone high by 35% is just a simple calculation
Was the import duty collected in dollars?

Have prices of commodities increased at the same rate naira/dollar exchange rate increased?
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by wazobiaN9(m): 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
lovat:
Lies to keep zombies flying

Quite colourful.. in the same way Obama described Duterte.. smiley
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
guywitzerogal:
We only read about it, still the APC goon will say there s no money.
Oh.. you mean after reading about it, It should be shared the it used to be under ineffectual baboon?

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithyou..
#NigeriaShallBeGreatAgain..
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
Passy089:
Small time now this gworo chewing bastard will say there's no money....Thunder fire this useless illiterate dullard in chief

What has your ogogoro drinking father been doing with all the money he has made in his life?
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
clefstone:
What is the value of that N35bn today?
No one care to know as the money will be channel into infrastructure
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
atirolu:

let see what you get

ChangebeginwithAPC

Do we spend dollar in Nigeria? if not then why do we convert it what for? Do you convert you naira to dollar before paying your bill?

@ bold should import duties be reduce to 1% because of your brothers?
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by 4Play(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
bashydemy:
Do we spend dollar in Nigeria? if not then why do we convert it what for? Do you convert you naira to dollar before paying your bill?

@ bold should import duties be reduce to 1% because of your brothers?

Supposing you import a product in 2014 with a value of $5k and import duty of 10% - the import duty in Naira would be 80k naira ($500 × 160 naira).

Today in 2016, that import duty will be at least 160k ($500 x 320 naira). So what you are celebrating as "record" revenue is naira depreciation.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by guywitzerogal(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2016
[s]
bashydemy:
Oh.. you mean after reading about it, It should be shared the it used to be under ineffectual baboon?

#IstandwithBuhari..
#ChangeBenginWithyou..
#NigeriaShallBeGreatAgain..
[/s]wat re u say? If u like #sleepwitbuhari my opinion stands

Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2016
guywitzerogal:
[s][/s]wat re u say? If u like #sleepwitbuhari my opinion stands

Your opinion? Who even know you exist? LOL go and collect the money yeye dey smell..

Mind you the opinion os the 5% does not count.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by guywitzerogal(m): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2016
[s]
bashydemy:

Your opinion? Who even know you exist? LOL go and collect the money yeye dey smell..

Mind you the opinion os the 5% does not count.

[/s]if nobody does @least u do since u decide to make me ur morning devotion
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by bashydemy(m): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2016
guywitzerogal:
[s][/s]if nobody does @least u do since u decide to make me ur morning devotion

Hahhaha you mean when you wake up to come and say goodmorning sir to me? I am one of the 95% you know.
Re: Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August by guywitzerogal(m): 9:28am On Sep 10, 2016
bashydemy:

Hahhaha you mean when you wake up to come and say goodmorning sir to me? I am one of the 95% you know.
i don't blame u, immediately I read ur first quote I knew u re nt a Nigerian... Pls Seun we have alien in this forum they wan to distabilized Nigeria economic so we can be like den eg BASHYDEMY IS NOT A NIGERIAN PLS TAKE NOTE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Kachikwu, Okah-donli, Ahmed Isah Bag Nation Builders Achievers Award / IPOB Accuses DSS Of Starving, Maltreating Nnamdi Kanu / INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.