Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections (8866 Views)

Edo 2024: INEC Publishes Final List Of Candidates / Labour Party: INEC Publishes Names Of Candidates Who Emerged From Abure Faction / 2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 3:58am On Jan 18
INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION

PRESS RELEASE

PUBLICATION OF FINAL LIST AND PERSONAL PARTICULARS OF CANDIDATES FOR BYE-ELECTIONS

Nigerians may recall that recently the Commission released the Timetable and Schedule of Activities for bye-elections arising from the death or resignation of Members of the National and State Houses of Assembly.

These elections will be held on Saturday 3rd February 2024 across nine States of the Federation covering two Senatorial Districts (Ebonyi South and Yobe East); four Federal Constituencies (Shanga/Ngaski/Yauri Federal Constituency of Kebbi State, Surulere I Federal Constituency of Lagos State, Akoko North East/Akoko North West Federal Constituency of Ondo State and Jalingo/Yorro/Zing Federal Constituency of Taraba State); and three State Constituencies (Guma I State Constituency of Benue State, Chibok State Constituency of Borno State and Chikun State Constituency of Kaduna State).

As provided in the Timetable and Schedule of Activities, the personal particulars and final list of candidates have been published today in our State offices and the affected constituencies pursuant to the provision of Section 29(3) of the Electoral Act, 2022. The list of candidates is also published on our website and social media platforms.

We appeal to Nigerians to scrutinize the personal particulars (Form EC9 and academic credentials) of the candidates. Any aspirant who participated in his/her party primaries with reasonable grounds to believe that the information provided by the candidate is false can challenge the nomination in a Federal high Court as provided in Section 29(5) of the Electoral Act 2022.

For clarity, this publication ONLY applies to the forthcoming bye-elections as they are fresh elections for which political parties conducted primaries and nominated their candidates.

For the re-run elections to be held on the same day, the list and personal particulars of candidates [b]have been published before the 2023 General Election. The re-run elections are conducted pursuant to the orders of the Election Petition Appeal Tribunals. They are not fresh elections open to new/disqualified candidates which obviates the need to publish their personal particulars again.

Sam Olumekun mni
National Commissioner and Chairman,
Information and Voter Education Committee
Wednesday 17th January 2024

Source.
https://www.facebook.com/100064292065433/posts/772630521556676

ATTACHED PHOTOS:

1. Ebonyi-South Senatorial District.
2. Yobe East Senatorial District.

2 Shares

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 3:58am On Jan 18
ATTACHED PHOTOS:

1. Akoko North-East/ Akoko North-West Federal Constituency, Ondo State.
2. Surulere I Federal Constituency, Lagos State
3. Shanga/Ngaski/Yauri Federal Constituency, Kebbi State
4. Jalingo/Yorro/Zing Federal Constituency, Taraba State.

1 Share

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 3:58am On Jan 18
ATTACHED PHOTOS:

1. Guma I State Constituency, Benue State.
2. Chikun State Constituency, Kaduna State.
3. Chibok State Constituency, Borno State.

1 Share

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 4:01am On Jan 18
THE BYE-ELECTIONS ARE ALMOST HERE.!!

BluntCrazeMan:
THIS IS HOW THE VARIOUS POLITICAL PARTIES CAN PREPARE VERY WELL FOR THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS IN ORDER TO AVOID BEING CHEATED OR RIGGED-OUT BY THE INEC.

Let me just try and suggest to the political parties what they should be doing in all these upcoming elections; pending the time we have functional implementable and enforceable Electoral-Laws in Nigeria.

1. Elections must Not start in any polling-unit where the sensitive materials are not complete, or tampered with, or not well documented by the polling-officers and party-agents.

The nonsense that happened in Kogi State, where elections started in some Polling-units without the presence of the Result-Sheets.
The results were later written on PLAIN SHEETS OF PAPERS, and then, an entirely different result (written on the Supposed Actual EC8A Results Sheets) were later uploaded to the IREV-Portal.
...(That was so baadd).

2. If the INEC Officials said that the essential sensitive-materials would be brought to the Polling-units later, then the election MUST NOT START, until the sensitive-materials arrive.

Everybody at the polling-unit must wait for the sensitive materials to arrive in full, and properly documented before the election can start off..

3. The materials and booklets that were sighted before the election must be properly documented by the party agents too.

(These materials and booklets that were recorded before the election must be collated independently by the political parties -- WHILE THE MAIN VOTING CONTINUED)

4. These untampered sensitive-materials and booklets (including their serial-numbers too) which were documented and collated before the elections started, would later serve as a serious tool for Checks-and-balances after the whole Collation must have been completed.
[Section-73(2)-Electoral-Act-2022]

5. After the whole election had been completed and concluded at each of the polling-units, all the remaining materials and booklets must be counted and properly documented, and their serial-numbers noted too..
(These remaining materials and booklets must also be collated independently again by the political party - for all the polling-units).

6. By applying the methods of checks-and-balances;
Whenever a results-sheet with a wrong Serial-Number is presented by any official at any collation-center, it would be noticed immediately and rejected outrightly.

(It means that the original sheet which was generated at the polling-unit had been swapped with another sheet which has another serial-number)

7. Still on the methods of Checks-and-balances;
The difference between the collated untampered full-booklets of ballot papes and that of those remaining booklets of ballot papers, would equal the number of used ballot papers, which is supposed to be equal to the “total votes cast + the destroyed ballots”.

8. The INEC - if left on their own - would not perform all these checks because they are in a haste to do what they want to do and end the whole process as quickly as possible.

But since the party-agents are also there as the electoral watchdogs, they must fully and aggressively apply these checks-and-balances, and use them to seriously question the credibility and the transparency of the elections.

9. On a very normal election day when massive rigging occurred, the values of the total number of ballot-papers used which INEC would be announcing would be so high.
(And these would be far higher than the actual number used as calculated from the checks-and-balances)..

10. The political parties must have their own fully independently collated parallel results of the election itself -- which is supposed to be totally independent of the INEC’s official collation.

The political parties Should Not solely depend on the collated results of the INEC for any reason.
It's too dangerous...

11. If there were transparent elections, the INEC’s-collated results should be in agreement with those parallel results that were independently collated by the political parties.

Then, under prefect conditions, all the results are supposed to all be exactly the same -- even though they were all done independently.

12. For the official collation of results by the INEC, the party-agents must make sure that they are fully present while the collation exercise progresses, no matter what happens there.

The party-agents Must Not boycott any part of the official collation exercise, be it at the lower level or at higher level.

13. For any collation-center where the party-agents were forcefully prevented from entering inside,, such party-agents must endeavour to capture such moments on videos as concrete evidence against the INEC and against such persons who prevented them from entering, so that it would be documented that the collation which happened inside such a center was fraudulent.

14. For any Ward-Level collation center where the “Accreditation Data” & “The Polling-Units Results” were not first cross-checked and re-confirmed using the BVAS-Machines; then, the collation officer at that collation center must be recorded on video and kept as evidence for violating the election procedures as clearly stated inside the Electoral-Act-2022.

These are my suggestions for now..
The political parties -- through their party-agents should be doing the tedious and rigorous works of the checks-and-balances for now,, until the time the electoral-act fully allows the new technological innovations to be doing the required checks-and-balances.

it's really very tedious, but they do not have much options for now.
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 4:01am On Jan 18
**YOU CAN ALSO READ THIS TOO..
**(IT'S A PERSONAL RESEARCH WHICH I DID..)

PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2023:
PRELIMINARY STUDIES SUGGEST THAT OVER-VOTING OCCURRED IN MORE THAN 9,700 POLLING-UNITS..

Preamble:

The 2023 Presidential Election had come and gone and forgotten.
That's okay. We are moving on.

But the ripple effects of the presidential election are still affecting the future elections that are coming after it.
For instance, the off-cycle elections in Imo State and Kogi State were good examples.

The type of electoral fraud which took place in Kogi and Imo State made me to look back to the figures-and-data that were presented in the public during the Presidential Election, and it spurred me to do some totally different fresh analyses all over again.

Introduction to the topic of the analysis:
Of all the Five Petitioners at the tribunal, none of them ever paid any attention to the aspect of over-voting..
None of the petitioners tried to determine the extent of over-voting which occured during the presidential election, and how many registered voters it affected.

And we the voters also didn't bother to look in that direction too...

Well, not until the gross malpractice in Imo State and Kogi State happened in November 2023,, then I started seeking all-over again for the Presidential Election Figures, which more-or-less had already been forgotten.

The Methods Of Analysis Used.
I remembered that a particular data-analyst by the name Mark-Essien tried to digitize the values of the votes scored by the Four Major Contending parties, by using the photos of the Results-sheets which uploaded to the IREV-Portal by the INEC, and to use the digitized values of the votes to re-collate the election results all over again..
https://www.nairaland.com/7628069/mark-essiens-irev-collation-used

In this study of mine, I used those digitized data which he presented in the dataset which he released to do the analyses.

I also remembered that in the process of the digitization by Mark-Essien, he also published the number of Accredited Voters for each polling-unit which were transmitted by the BVAS-machines from the polling-units to a certain Accreditation Server that was owned and operated by the INEC -- (the details in this particular accreditation server were still publicly available as at the time when Mark-Essien published his digitized election data).

However, I have to categorically state it here, that this particular Accreditation Server which originally contained the publicly available accreditation data, was turned off by the INEC when the date for the commencement of the hearing/trial at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal approached (for reasons best known to them). And as a result, the accreditation data was no longer publicly available on the INEC’s website.

Nevertheless, the accreditation data as was reproduced and published by Mark-Essien is still publicly available online, and that was the bedrock for this whole analysis.

In order to determine the over-voting in the various polling-units, since the number of the total votes cast were not available in the whole dataset,, I used the sum of the votes of the four major contending parties as the number of the total votes cast (even though it was lower than the actual number of the total votes cast, it would still lead me to making some findings).

Results and Outputs:
In the end, I came to realise that 9,780 polling-units had their “sum-of-votes-of-four-major-parties” higher than the Transmitted number of Accredited Voters, and this affected a total number of 5,382,847 registered voters.

This means that, if we used the value of the “Total Number of Votes Cast” to compare, then the values as presented would be definitely higher; and also, if INEC uploaded all the correct photos of all the polling-units results to the IREV-Portal, we would still be having even a higher value.

(Recall that the Margin of Lead as announced by the INEC was 1,810,206 votes..
Whereas the number of voters which was supposedly affected by Over-voting -- as I calculated in the analysis -- was 5,382,847)..

Conclusions:
This means that;
If ANY of the Petitioners (especially the PDP), had paid any slightest attention to the over-voting aspect of the electoral malpractice in their petition, and they produced the whole lists of the all the affected polling-units and the number of registered voters that were affected,, the outcome of the PEPT would have been different..

And again, the crazy malpractices which happened in Imo State and Kogi State in November 2023 wouldn't have happened so brazenly.

***Caveat:
These analyses was carried out by me alone, based on the data provided by the original work done by Mark-Essien. My team didn't help me on this one. And it took me just two days of working and analysing the whole sets of data.

Here below is the link to the output of the analysis which I did,, as well as some comments..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JqzQsbTUx9ADzMT5MsX1pHODmGgaaDU2.

Here-below are some screenshots of the research output.

1 Share

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 4:35am On Jan 18
ezegenigbonine:
Abeg make una announce the assumed winners as usual instead of wasting peoples time, money and energy. Anybody wey no like am can go to court grin grin grin

wizelink:
Hmm inec again. What's the need of wasting the scarce money when the result will be rigged in the end. Abeg select people for that position and rechannel that money meant for the selection into the economy.

ThinkSmarter:
In Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Linus Okorie of LP should win Austine Umahi of APC if the election is free and fair.

outoftheworld:
No body takes them seriously

We successfully conducted a social-response experiment sometime ago.
It was an experiment on self-consciousness.

In the experiment, we came to discover that people generally tend to do the very right things when there are aware that there are some eyes which are watching them.

That is why the INEC-officials definitely do the very right things at the Polling-units where there are many eyes watching them.

But they go to the back and do their fraud at the Collation-Centers where they had successfully forced all the watching-eyes out, and away from watching them...

So, if the parties do the right things and get the INEC to be aware that there are eyes watching their every steps and calculations, even when they are not aware,, then,, the INEC cannot just easily announce the wrong results in the first place because there are many eyes 👀 👁️ that are watching them.

And then, if they dared to do that,, then the whole fraud will be exposed in the open within JUST SIX HOURS.
(YES BECAUSE THE MANY EYES ARE WATCHING..
THE TRUE DATA IS ALREADY AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE.)

And Yes..
We will easily go to Court again.
But this time, no technicalities can turn anything up-side-down again.

Unlike the Presidential Election Petition where the judges ruled that the documents were just dumped at the floor of the Tribunal, without being analysed by any of the witnesses called.

This time around, these data are already publicly available and fully analysed even before the INEC releases their own Official Results.

For all those that say that INEC is not Serious..

That's the absolute truth.

But Guess What.??
That is exactly what they want us to be saying..
They want people to loose interest in their INEC elections.
They want Nigerians to grow very tired of them and remove eyes from them.

THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED IN MAKING A LOT OF US TO REMOVE OUR EYES FROM THEM, RATHER THAN FINDING BETTER WAYS TO WATCH THEM EVEN MORE CAREFULLY..

Please My People,, don't be defeated.
Don't let them win this their particular battle of forcing us to be doing hide-and-seek.
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 4:35am On Jan 18
Promax4321:
The man that did over-voting analysis must have taken shekpe or other, as the 23 election had the lowest turnup number of vote cast and removing 5 million from result will interpret less than Lagos and Kano normal votes.

The result by percentage interpreted to hat LP win area is most affected and every state has over voting. That every party rigged election results, which means universal cheating by parties.

If You Said That The INEC Allowed Universal Cheating To Happen,, Why Then Are You Coming Back Again To Say That They Did Well.??

This also interprete that Prof Yakubu did a wonderful job and he should be reward with the best officials in Nigerian election.

This also interpreted that the election result as mentioned by inec was very correct and credible, only Nigerian are not credible and truthful.

Like I said earlier,, you're contradicting yourself.
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:23am On Jan 18
Okay good. All eyes on the judiciary

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by outoftheworld: 7:23am On Jan 18
No body takes them seriously

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by Menclothing: 7:25am On Jan 18
Peaceful election

Promo sales on men clothing

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by money121(m): 7:27am On Jan 18
Congrat
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by Addme: 7:32am On Jan 18
I am much more concerned about PDP faith in Plateau North Senatorial Zone and Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by Confirmedzombie: 7:38am On Jan 18
Congrats to LP in advance. LP will sweep all.

God bless Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by ThinkSmarter: 7:46am On Jan 18
In Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Linus Okorie of LP should win Austine Umahi of APC if the election is free and fair.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by wizelink(m): 7:48am On Jan 18
Hmm inec again. What's the need of wasting the scarce money when the result will be rigged in the end. Abeg select people for that position and rechannel that money meant for the selection into the economy.

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:55am On Jan 18
I pray that the LP will accept the results when they lose and congratulate the winners.... Princeofsarcasm what's your day?...

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by ezegenigbonine: 7:55am On Jan 18
Abeg make una announce the assumed winners as usual instead of wasting peoples time, money and energy. Anybody wey no like am can go to court grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Jan 18
Hellu P all the way!
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by bigdammyj: 8:12am On Jan 18
Noted.
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by christejames(m): 8:22am On Jan 18
Take eye neck serious at your own peril
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by Promax4321: 8:46am On Jan 18
The man that did over voting a Alysia, must have taken shekpe or other, as the 23 election had the lowest turnup number of vote cast and removing 5 million from result will interpret less than Lagos and Kano normal votes.

The result by percentage interpreted to hat LP win area is most affected and every state has over voting. That every party rigged election results, which means universal cheating by parties.

This also interprete that Prof Yakubu did a wonderful job and he should be reward with the best officials in Nigerian election.

This also interpreted that the election result as mentioned by inec was very correct and credible, only Nigerian are not credible and truthful.
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by PrinceofSarcasm: 8:55am On Jan 18
PortHarcourtcit:
I pray that the LP will accept the results when they lose and congratulate the winners.... Princeofsarcasm what's your day?...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
More and more it exposes It's self 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣
Yoruba man pretending to be from Rivers 🤣🤣🤣
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by garfield1: 9:06am On Jan 18
Addme:
I am much more concerned about PDP faith in Plateau North Senatorial Zone and Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency.

Very true

2 Likes

Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by garfield1: 9:06am On Jan 18
ThinkSmarter:

Prof Tony ani will win
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by garfield1: 9:08am On Jan 18
BluntCrazeMan:

Where is akamkpa/ biase,ini/ikono,Jos north/ bassa and plateau north
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by oyeb15: 9:10am On Jan 18
Funny d way INec is packaging First School leaving Certificate.

I thought that FSLC is for those accounting or engineering courses.

Haba .
Re: INEC Publishes Final Lists And Candidates For The Bye-Elections by BluntCrazeMan: 9:13am On Jan 18
garfield1:

Where is akamkpa/ biase,ini/ikono,Jos north/ bassa and plateau north
There must have been a good reason why the INEC did not include them.

Maybe, these seats have been declared vacant yet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Up By 252,800bpd / Buhari Holds Another Meeting With APC Governors Over Oyegun / Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.