Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,498 members, 7,865,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly (3264 Views)

Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard / Edo Decides: Obaseki (APC) Won The Debates-Channels tv polls & nations Newspaper / Anslem Okojie Endorses Obaseki Of APC, Says PDP Bribed Them With N6M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by phyllosilicate(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Why you de lie Na?
JSS1-SS3= 6YEARS (1999-2005)

Year 1- Year 3= 3years (2005/2006-2008/2009)

And Lucky spent 1999-2007 in office. Oga you and Lai Muhammed relate?
I had wanted to say something but for the respect of your Monika. isn't it 2005/2006 year one, 2006/2007 year two, 2007/2008 year 3?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
phyllosilicate:
I had wanted to say something but for the respect of your Monika. isn't it 2005/2006 year one, 2006/2007 year two, 2007/2008 year 3?
Not arguing bro but just wondering considering Igbenediom left May 2007 and Year 3 as at then would start from September/October 2007
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by genearts(m): 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Not arguing bro but just wondering considering Igbenediom left May 2007 and Year 3 as at then would start from September/October 2007

How do you know the month that he started his 300 level?

3 Likes

Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
genearts:

How do you know the month that he started his 300 level?
Secondary school do their WAEC May/June, are you now telling me that a fresh session will start earlier? Beside, anybody who is familiar with our educational calendar will tell you.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by genearts(m): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
phyllosilicate:

don't mind that one.
I still remember how they were using only shovel and wheelbarrows with bricklayer to construct st. Maria goretti road, not to talk of lucky stones in upper mission road, the huge heap of refuge on constaine road, not to talk of the erosion at teacher's house in egor that PDP said was impossible to fix but oshiomhole fixed it and many other. They think we have forgotten, thunder fire PDP

2 Likes

Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by genearts(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Secondary school do their WAEC May/June, are you now telling me that a fresh session will start earlier? Beside, anybody who is familiar with our educational calendar will tell you.

it does not work that way. I have started a new session in april and january in my five years in uniben
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
genearts:

it does not work that way. I have started a new session in april and january in my five years in uniben
That should be January or April the Next Year. I have seen such too bro
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by genearts(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That should be January or April the Next Year. I have seen such too bro

bottom line it is possible for the new session to have started any month btwn april and december 2007.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
genearts:

bottom line it is possible for the new session to have started any month btwn april and december 2007.
That is not the issue. The context is his claim.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This is not necessarily true.

Kwankwaso has been a career Politician, his works as Governor between 1999 and 2003 beat that of Ibrahim Shekarau a non career politician that served between 2003 and 2011. Kwakwanso second term outclass his impressive first and made Shekarau 8years non existent.

Godswill Akpabio a career politician performed well and his successor Udom Emmanuel is still struggling. Mind you, Akpabio dwarf Attah his predecessor who came as a "technocrat", a refined architect.

You can't compare the deeds of Danjuma Goje as Gombe Governor (career politician) with incumbent Ibrahim Dankwambo(that came as Technocrat). Not saying Dankwanbo isn't trying

In Delta state Ibori a career politician dwarfs Uduaghan (an established medical Doctor).

The point is that performance of a public officeholder is dependent on the holder irrespective of technocrat or whatever sentiment.

It is correlation. There is no correlation that corelate 100%. Uduaghan is not a good definition of a technocrat. Uduaghan was working in govt hospital. he became SSG to Ibori b4 becoming governor. Uduaghan is more of a politician than technocrat. In Nigeria Contest, True technocrat are more in private sector than govt sector. We both know in most cases, govt organisation or civil service are usually inefficient and very corrupt.

Yes is true some career politicians have done well. But d likelihood or probability of a technocrat performing better is higher.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by blithe2nice(m): 6:19am On Sep 10, 2016
ibhagab:
Every sincere edolites knows Oshiomole did well in Edo State.
My parents are from edo state, I was born in edo state, did my education from primary to university in edo state. worked in edo state. I am over 30 years of age.

Nobody can write off oshiomole's developmental achievement in edo state.

I strongly believe Godwin Obaseki of APC as a financial expert who has helped dangote to become this big will help edo state too to grow economically.

This not about party politics. it is about future of my state.

Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP:

Obaseki is a technocrat in financial matters and a close friend to dangote. Obaseki is a major adviser and consultant to dangote group.
With Obaseki as Governor, I expect a lot of Dangote investment in edo state.

Obaseki will make a better Governor. Every smart Edo man and woman will vote Obaseki. We have seen how technocrat make better Governors than career politician. We saw what fashola a technocrat did in Lagos. he transform lagos. We can see what Obiano a technocrat is doing in Anambra. He is transforming Anambra state. We can see how Ambode a technocrat is moving lagos forward. We want technocrat in Edo state not career piliticians. Career politicians just share money among themselves. Technocrat brings development and investment through strategic thinking. We should vote for Obaseki.

While technocrats seek positive history, career politicians seek power. We must be wise to vote for those who seek history. Ambrose Ali was a technocrat. We can see his position in history as a great Governor who brought development. Obaseki is an economic expert. we need such person to run our state especially now we have low oil price. This is d best time for an economist to govern us not a politician.

Politicians spent all thier energy on human relation because d next election is always on thier mind while technocrat focus on macro and micro economic development because history is always on thier mind. Technocrat creat wealth for the people while politicians waste wealth of the people to maintain power.

Those who are being skeptical because Obaseki is sponsored by the sitting governor Oshiomole dont need to worry. Obiano d governor of Anambra state has never contested election in his life. Obiano was a technocrat from the banking sector. Peter Obi imposed Obiano on APGA. He was also sponsored by d sitting governor Peter Obi of anambra state. But today he is doing very well in Anambra state. Ambode of Lagos state has never contested election in his life. He was sponsored by Tinubu. But today, Majority of lagosians who even voted against him are very happy with his governance. A technocrat will always be a technocrat. Technocrat will always need a politician to win an election but it doesnt prevent them from performing very well in developing thier state. because history is d ego of a technocrat.
Buhari knows people who can make our ecomomy great asap,but what's happening in the country today. Bros package abeg. I know very well that osho tried,but he will not do anything in this third tenor. He is the one going there,not obaseki,if you don't know. Don't let them decieve you as they did in the case of change brother.Regards
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 10, 2016
blithe2nice:
Buhari knows people who can make our ecomomy great asap,but what's happening in the country today. Bros package abeg. I know very well that osho tried,but he will not do anything in this third tenor. He is the one going there,not obaseki,if you don't know. Don't let them decieve you as they did in the case of change brother.Regards

Ize Iyamu is igbibedion third term too.

1 Like

Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by eyesofgod: 8:19am On Sep 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What is not true?

The reason Delta state lay parlours today is Ibori. He ran the state the way a kidnapper's den is run.. Uduaghan was a puppet of Ibori so also the current governor. The final say on any major policy always come from a prison in Britain.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2016
id911:
Yes, election was postponed so they will have enough time to bring up all these fake stories and propaganda to deceive the people. The crown prince office will soon deny this cooked-up story
But he's not far from the truth
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2016
ionsman:
I experienced Igbinedion from 1999 - 2007, Osunbor from 2007 - 2008 and Oshiomhole from 2008 - 2016 and at least I know what good governance is to an extent.

But, people on Nairaland who don't even know where Edo state is or have passed through the state while travelling(not even resided o), will come here and tell me us that Oshiomhole is a Scam and all sorts. Elections won't be won here. The likes you receive from your ilks won't make Pdp win the election.

We like Oshiomhole's scamming, at least he has transformed Edo. Let Obaseki come and continue with the scamming.
But he's still owing local government salary
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 10, 2016
ibhagab:

The truth is that most people criticizing oshiomole on nairaland to enmass plenty likes in their post are just doing it purely on party sentiments.
And most of them are not from Edo State.

Most people from Edo state are with Obaseki.
That's a big lie. Go to Benin city and see things for yourself instead of lying. I only use there as a case study. Obaseki is imbibing or copying lia Mohammed now
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2016
asuustrike2009:

That's a big lie. Go to Benin city and see things for yourself instead of lying. I only use there as a case study. Obaseki is imbibing or copying lia Mohammed now

i am a benin man. families and friends in benin. business in benin.

Obaseki is d leading candidate in benin. There is no argument about dat. Ize iyamu is only having support by Ishan people in benin.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

In Nigeria because of strikes and other issues, school calendars were not uniform. In Uniben , some seesions started in between february and April while some started between September and October during dat period.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2016
lustychima:
Watch as Wailers will storm here to insult oshomole, Oba including buhari who is not present in d meeting

Maybe Dangote is also a zombie for recognising the giant strides of oshomole, even when lunatic Wailers claim otherwise

Just like d one above me, they will leave the topic to introduce their usual sentiment. Very typical of Wailers
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
id911:
Yes, election was postponed so they will have enough time to bring up all these fake stories and propaganda to deceive the people. The crown prince office will soon deny this cooked-up story
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2016
lustychima:
Watch as Wailers will storm here to insult oshomole, Oba including buhari who is not present in d meeting

Maybe Dangote is also a zombie for recognising the giant strides of oshomole, even when lunatic Wailers claim otherwise

Just like d one above me, they will leave the topic to introduce their usual sentiment. Very typical of Wailers
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by smellingmenses: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2016
ibhagab:

It is authentic.
Nigeria observer is a newspaper resident in edo state.
the oba must be an idio.t if he truly said that.... a misfit just like applying lipstick on a pig
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by dreckocarter(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Why you de lie Na?
JSS1-SS3= 6YEARS (1999-2005)

Year 1- Year 3= 3years (2005/2006-2008/2009)

And Lucky spent 1999-2007 in office. Oga you and Lai Muhammed relate?
He may nt b lying bro, I schd in Uniben & just within 2011 alone I moved frm 100 level to 300 level( april 2010-feb.2011=100L, march 2011-nov.2011=200L,dec.2011-oct.2012=300L,dec.2012-march 2014=400L). d most ironic part of it is dat I got admin. in 2009 & grad. in 2014 for just a 4yr course, dats just naija 4 u.
Re: Edo Decides: Oba Of Benin (incoming) Endorsed Obaseki of APC indirectly by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Why are the moderators bias against edo APC. They refused to move this to front page.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Nigeria's Problem? Prof. Kperogi Shares Rare Photo Of Buhari In Germany / Some Streets In Ikoyi And Other Parts Of Lagos Named After Britons. / Aisha Buhari Should be Made Vice President With Osibanjo As President. Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.