Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,865 members, 7,824,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) (4601 Views)

The Real Photos Of Omotola Will Surely Leave You In Shock / I Use intimacy gadgets - Ese Eriata / You Won't Believe This Is Olajumoke On The Runway (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Crystals-studded Etch-a-Sketch, price: $1,500

Do you remember playing with an Etch-a-Sketch? When introduced back in 1960, these mechanical drawing toys were sold for $3 each. In 2003, FAO Schwarz came up with a special limited edition Etch-a-Sketch, studded with 14,400 hand-set red Swarovski crystals. Twelve of these limited editions were made and each was sold for $1,500.Crystals-studded Etch-a-Sketch, price: $1,500

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ride-on Plush Giraffe, price: $1,879

Available at petittresor.com, the standing ride-on giraffe can support up to 150 pounds (68 kg). Originally created for exclusive European collectors, each plush animal is meticulously handcrafted from portraits of real animals and comes with a ”Toys that Teach” tag describing in detail their habitat, lifestyle, care of their young and eating habits.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
No. 30 Crane Matchbox Car, price: $13,000

When Matchbox cars were introduced, they were usually sold for less than 1 dollar. However, in 2004, a renowned Matchbox collector by the name of Jim Gallegos (who already owned over 150,000 die-cast miniatures valued at over $1.4 million), reportedly purchased a brown No. 30 crane for an incredible $13,000.

1 Share

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
Toy Sewing Machine, price: $13,600

Although this bizarre toy sewing machine was not made from precious materials like many other toys featured in this list, it became the most expensive item of its kind in April 1996 when an English industrial sewing-machine dealer bought it for $13,600 in an auction in London.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
Gold Nintendo Gameboy, price: $25,000

The limited edition of Nintendo Gameboy, the world´s most popular handheld toy, was created by British jewelers Asprey of London in 2006. Made from 18-karat gold and diamonds, this Gameboy can be yours for mere 25,000 dollars.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by opeyemiieblog(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
toy.....??....
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
Whac-a-mole Game, price: $35,000

Another fancy toy by the Hammacher Schlemmer, this Whac-a-mole gaming machine was highly customized, offering remote-controlled doors and shelves for your favorite liqueurs. Weighing 286 pounds (130 kg), the machine is equipped with built-in speakers that provide authentic sound effects.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
Pink Rear-Loading Volkswagen Beach Bomb, price: $72,000

This specific Hot Wheels car was discontinued because it wouldn’t work on the Mattel-made race tracks. The odd design of the toy, having a surfboard hanging from the back, made it especially desirable for collectors. So far, only two pink copies of this particular model have been found and the owner of one of them is believed to have paid $72,000 for it.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Porsche 917 Le Mans Raceway, price: $125,000

Fans of slot car racing would be excited to find this full-sized Porsche 917 replica hides a 1:32-scale wooden slot car track in it. The car track is a reproduction of the world’s oldest active sports raceway, the iconic Le Mans track in France. If you have a spare 125,000 dollars, this thing can be yours.

1 Share

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hot Wheels Diamond Car, price: $140,000

On the occasion of their 40th anniversary in 2008, Mattel´s Hot Wheels created a special diamond-encrusted car worth $140,000. One of the world´s most expensive toy cars ever created, this model was made from 18-karat white gold and covered with over 2,700 jewels.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
Stefano Canturi Barbie, price: $302,500

To raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Mattel tapped Australian jewelry designer Stefano Canturi to create a special edition Barbie. After six months of hard work, he came up with a doll wearing a diamond necklace worth $300,000 alone. In 2010, the Barbie was purchased for $302,500.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
Golden Monopoly, price: $2 million

The world’s most expensive version of the Monopoly board game is estimated to be worth roughly $2 million. The 18-karat gold and jewel-encrusted Monopoly was crafted by San Francisco jeweler Sidney Mobell in 1988. It took him one year to finish this masterpiece.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
Steiff Louis Vuitton Teddy Bear, price: $2.1 million

Created by Steiff, a teddy bear designer, and Louis Vuitton, a luxury French fashion house, the Steiff Louis Vuitton Teddy Bear boasts the title of the most expensive teddy bear in the world. Sold at an auction in Monaco in 2000, the toy was bought by Jessie Kim from Korea for a hefty price of $2,100,000.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lamborghini Aventador Model Car – $4.6 million

One of the most luxurious and desired sport cars, Lamborghini Aventador costs around $400,000. As unbelievable as it sounds, a German engineer named Robert Gulpen created a model version called Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 that was worth $4.8 million. Yes, the miniature version was more than 10-times more expensive than the actual car. Why? Because it was made of platinum, carbon fiber, gold and diamonds.

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by jmichlins(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
anyway I won't say that people who bought this are stupid cause I have this believe that only smart and prudent people make money. But apart of the one created for cancer research I believe those money could have put into better use. God make me rich and I will not spend it this way

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by Opistorincos(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Money has been making peeps buy stupid things since 1902
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
SO Sad, i never owned a single toy as a kid... sad
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RealJaneDoe: 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
when you said toys I thought you meant something else. me and my dirty mind

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by Idydarling(f): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
the comment above undecided
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by FunkyMetahuman: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
na white people dey buy this kind junk dey call collectors item.

1 Like

Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2016
grin
RealJaneDoe:
when you said toys I thought you meant something else. me and my dirty mind
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by Cletus77(m): 1:05am On Sep 10, 2016
guy no vex, i never born
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by mrbyron(m): 2:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Any item costing this much is no longer fit to be called a toy. It's an investment. cool
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by moscobabs(m): 5:01am On Sep 10, 2016
who toy epp?
I did not use toy when I was kid and that never turn me to dullard
toy is over rated
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by moscobabs(m): 5:01am On Sep 10, 2016
who toy epp?
I did not use toy when I was kid and that never turn me to dullard
toy is over rated
Like if u too grow without toy
Re: Most Expensive Toys You Won't Believe Are Real(Photos) by yungryce: 5:38am On Sep 10, 2016
truthfully, if I had d money, i wont mind getting some of these

(1) (Reply)

Flavour N'abania Renuite With Lover And Girlfriend / Rita Dominic Flashes Some Boobies - Smart And Cute Boobies. / Beyonce Delivers Baby Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.