Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers (8407 Views)

8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging / 7 Silly Mistakes New Bloggers Makes When Applying For Adsense - Mediapace / 7 Top Niches New Bloggers Can Use By Mediapace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Oh k
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2016
Shobizz:
wow thanks for the info.

After installing Akismet I was asked to pay some cash to fully activate.
any help on this I will be grateful and like that of Google analyst is didn't get the setup well so I uninstall

Wordpress own Akismet

Godaddy is great and awesome, just try them.

But Niaja why we no dey patronize our home base hosting company
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Irony is we have very good hosting companies here o. Me for reasons best known to me, I can't patronize foreign host.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2016
semasir:
God forbid I recommend HostGator to someone when the likes of namecheap and godaddy or siteground exist. Your site will be up and running for a day or two and off afterwards in the name of confirmation of payment

Yes.. i think that restriction is just for naira master card alone.. They Disabled my site after i made the payment with my master card, It took me 5days to verify my site.. they requested i send them my ID card, Bank statement, e.tc. but HostGator is cool.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Irony is we have very good hosting companies here o. Me for reasons best known to me, I can't patronize foreign host.

Please just mention 1 local Host ?, Nigeria hosting re scam.. don't wanna mention names..
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Emeka71(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Only that WordPress can't apply for google adsense.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Efewestern:

Please just mention 1 local Host ?, Nigeria hosting re scam.. don't wanna mention names..

I have hosted over 10 sites with QServers and I have NEVER for once had a problem with them... Bet9ja uses Qservers.

You be people get scammed because you look for cheap way out, simple!
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Emeka71:
Only that WordPress can't apply for google adsense.

Don't say this outside..... If you're not sure of something, you ask questions.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Efewestern:

Yes.. i think that restriction is just for naira master card alone.. They Disabled my site after i made the payment with my master card, It took me 5days to verify my site.. they requested i send them my ID card, Bank statement, e.tc. but HostGator is cool.

You see stress like this is one of the reasons I don't use foreign hosting.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I have hosted over 10 sites with QServers and I have NEVER for once had a problem with them... Bet9ja uses Qservers.

You be people get scammed because you look for cheap way out, simple!

Cheap way out ? lolz... Believe me you, I have tried 3 different Local web hosting and i gat problem with all of them, The first deleted my site for no just reason, The second Always offline.. HostGator is very expensive but i'd prefer spending millions than spending kobo just to wake up 1 morning to see my whole work deleted.

I run a music blog with Huge monthly Bandwidth .. Nigeria host is good for blog with low traffic...
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

lolz.. i was like WTF... that was how one was saying Facebook was making money from the pictures you upload or comment made on one MMM Thread

1 Like

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Pls i have a few questions, nd i need the help of the webmasters in fis forum
Can one run amazon affiliate and any other ad network on a site at the same time?

Has anyone tried hosting on bluehost.com nd how iz it?

how can someone open a WordPress site without a domain first?

pls help, thanks

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Emeka71(m): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I'm sure.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by semasir: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
that restriction is bizarre for me coupled with their poor customer support and no livechat at least. I hope not to use them and only got involved lately through a customer. Had you tried namecheap, maybe HG will be a trash bin like Ezekwesili described NL

Efewestern:

Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Emeka71:
I'm sure.

Then you're an Olodo, no offence. undecided
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Efewestern:

Cheap way out ? lolz... Believe me you, I have tried 3 different Local web hosting and i gat problem with all of them, The first deleted my site for no just reason, The second Always offline.. HostGator is very expensive but i'd prefer spending millions than spending kobo just to wake up 1 morning to see my whole work deleted.

I run a music blog with Huge monthly Bandwidth .. Nigeria host is good for blog with low traffic...

Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by habuchelsea(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
if you ever need someone to;

set up your blog,

design it for SEO Friendly,

write original content,

Adsense tutorial (approval & Verification for Non-Nigerian Adsense)

and many more of your blog services....

you can Whatsapp me 08035160744 (serious guys only pls)

check my site www.wikiban.com for proof
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
semasir:
that restriction is bizarre for me coupled with their poor customer support and no livechat at least. I hope not to use them and only got involved lately through a customer. Had you tried namecheap, maybe HG will be a trash bin like Ezekwesili described NL

Haven't tried name cheap as am okay with HostGator..
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
peterpen:
Pls i have a few questions, nd i need the help of the webmasters in fis forum
Can one run amazon affiliate and any other ad network on a site at the same time?

Has anyone tried hosting on bluehost.com nd how iz it?

how can someone open a WordPress site without a domain first?

pls help, thanks

Yes sure you can run Amazon affiliate on ur blog, Bluehost.com is okay. but quite expensive..

you can open a WordPress site on
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nonso92:

Again?? So are you advising that I buy directly from wordpress?
yes... Rather make use of blogger and buy your domain.....

Also if you don't know, there are 2 types of WordPress....

The and the Wordpress.org

Just read more about it
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nonso92(m): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gidimasters2:
yes... Rather make use of blogger and buy your domain.....

Also if you don't know, there are 2 types of WordPress....

The and the Wordpress.org

Just read more about it

Thanks a lot..
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by leo1234(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
Somebody should please explain what these terms mean.
Custom robots.txt Custom robots header tags
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by admindim: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
good
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by santuse: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
Noted
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Efewestern:

Yes sure you can run Amazon affiliate on ur blog, Bluehost.com is okay. but quite expensive..
you can open a WordPress site on
thanks dude buh u didn't answer the first question,
can one run amazon affiliate nd other ads service like adquet on a blog at the same time.....thanks
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Efewestern: 5:12am On Sep 13, 2016
peterpen:

thanks dude buh u didn't answer the first question,
can one run amazon affiliate nd other ads service like adquet on a blog at the same time.....thanks

Yes sure
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by GadgetsR: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2016
Nonso92:

Thanks a lot..

Hello Nonso92. This should help you to understand and better - http://www.gadgetsradar.com/wordpress-and-plugins/wordpress-com-and-wordpress-org
Re: My Top 5 Recommended Wordpress Plugins For New Bloggers by Simeon4real(m): 11:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
When I started, Those were the plugins I installed because of popular demand. I mean every "Must WordPress Have Plugins" post comes with Yoast SEO, Jetpack and other popular plugins but I'm not using alot of them again. Particularly, My host @DomainKingTeam says it's heavy so I sticked around with All in one seo which has performed better than yoast anywhere. Jetpack also has the subscribe to comment plugin feature and Contact form 7 feature as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Marketing Strategies That Will Increase Traffic To Your Website / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) / How To Setup A Custom Domain Name For Your Blogger Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.