Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging (5415 Views)

Why Many People Quit Blogging / Should I Quit Blogging? / I Want To Quit Blogging, Any Advice For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Recently, I've been getting quite a lot of emails from people seeking clarification about issues in blogging and how to start a blog.

I decided to make this post so you don't end up quitting on the long run. Blogging is a tough but fruitful journey and only the tough ones last on the blogosphere.

Here are 8 common reasons why people quit blogging :

Not Knowing Anything About Blogging

If you want to start blogging then the very first thing you should do is to study the system. Most bloggers start  blogging without any  knowledge of how the system works and  end up doing nothing.

Always make proper research before starting blogging. It will be a stepping stone to  your success.

Find what interests you and start a blog about it.

Insufficient Time

When you will ask any blogger who failed why he left blogging, he'll probably say " I didn’t have enough time to work on the  blog" .

A number of people start blogging with lots of enthusiasm and then end up quitting it because of lack of time.
Try to manage your time properly.

I put a whole lot of time to work on my blog.

Giving up Quickly

So many times, I've wanted to give up blogging but when I remember all the work I've put in, I simply refuse to quit and let all I've worked for go down the drain.
The secret to success is – Never ever quit .

Most new bloggers get tired within the first 1 one month that they finally come to the point that they decide to quit.

After a proper analysis, I discovered that most newbie bloggers quit during the first 3 months.

No Proper Writing Skills

I've seen a lot of blogs created by new bloggers and most times when they try to create unique content, they end up creating a catastrophe ; a post full of blunders and grammatical errors.

Blogging is about learning  and putting it in your own words. Bloggers write articles daily but often forget to pay attention to their writing skills. So lack of writing skill is one of the big obstacles.

Not Having A Proper Plan

I normally make plans on what to do next for my blog and constantly planning strategies on how to make the blog get to where I want it to.

Most new bloggers don’t know about the concept of making plans and how to execute them with proper time and resource management. Blogging is like a business, if you fail to plan, you're planning to fail.

Lack of Promotion

Promotion is a continuous process and you shouldn't stop till you get some good loyal readers.

Finding the best ways to promote a niche is a tough job. When they can't discover any means to promote their blogs, they just quit.

Not Being Persistent and Consistent

Every thing you do in life needs persistence and consistency.

In the first few days of starting a blog, people keep writing posts with full enthusiasm and atleast 5-10 articles a week ( I wrote up to 10 on my news blog ). Along the way, they feel that they aren't getting enough traffic and earning for their blog and then simply quit

Not Making Money

When I started blogging, I ran a news blog for about 3 months without earning anything but I continued. I didn't quit because I just wanted to make a name for myself in the blogosphere. On the long run, the news blog failed because it was really giving me stress. I made 800 posts on the news blog and got a total page view of 150,000. I was frustrated. When I compared NaijaTechGuy to the other blog, it's a huge difference. I've had over 1 million page views on my blog with the same number of posts I had on the news blog.

This is one of the biggest reasons why people just quit blogging after some time.I always tell people -  if you start a blog with the mindset that you're just going to make huge money in a short space of time, then blogging is certainly not for you. Unless you want to invest massively in advertising and get enough returns.

Making money online is not easy and it is one of the things that motivate people to continue blogging.

When people don’t make money for first 3-4 months then they think just think about quitting blogging.

Summary
Start doing some things that'll to take your blog to the next level, soon you will start reaping the fruits.  Be creative- find what is not in place in other blogs, add it to yours and run it with your own style.

Don’t feel like quitting. Give your best on your blog.

I drop my pen at this point.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:40am On Jan 09, 2017
They want quick money, they don't have passion for it, they don't have idea on what to do other than to just ust copy and paste, stealing contents from other sites as well, undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Trapnews: 6:50am On Jan 09, 2017
undecided

Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by ngoben(f): 6:51am On Jan 09, 2017
FP ....blogging is gud BT dey lack facts n truth
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Turks: 6:51am On Jan 09, 2017
Twitter will make you hate blogging. Nigerians have bastardized it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by MrGreenMavro: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2017
They want dia Mavro to quickly turn green....dy don't know you have to PH before u can GH!
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Fireson: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Everybody wants to blog grin ! Akara blog! Guguru blog! Onyara blog angry #smh angry

2 Likes

Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by HRich(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Good morning everyone and do have a blessed day ahead
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Sammy07: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
They want quick money, they don't have passion for it, they don't have idea on what to do other than to just ust copy and paste, stealing contents from other sites as well, undecided

I agree with you
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Janeyinspires(f): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2017
NO PASSION: Everything in life is sustained through passion.Your passion is the fuel that will keep your blog going,when you've not started seeing results on your blog.If you don't love blogging and have no passion for blogging,you'll exit at every bend on your journey to blogging.
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by princeonx: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2017
Don't let the IDGF group catch you this Monday morning.
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by nmreports: 6:56am On Jan 09, 2017
Been blogging for 3 years now and I have quit several times.
Not easy.
Tough job... You can check: www.hrtechnique.com
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by ednut1(m): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2017
cos they started blogging when they saw linda ikeji bought an infinity suv
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:03am On Jan 09, 2017
hummmmm.... they don't want their Gold to pass through hot hot fire... but seriously is not easy... grin
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2017
Who Passion epp?Na Money be the koko jaree . Forget all what all this 9jatechguy wroteup there ,if God no pick Your call all ur strugglenain vain
Kenshinmunac:
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by thamilarasan: 7:10am On Jan 09, 2017
The Main reason they easily give up, newbies bloggers expect an instant result as well as instant income.

The first main thing, they have to be patience.
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 09, 2017
Everyone of us got inspired by one or two person's achievement ,so me starting blogging cos i saw 9jatechguy bought Galaxy Note 10 is not a bad idea
ednut1:
cos they started blogging when they saw linda ikeji bought an infinity suv

Meanwhile Nokia is to the mobile phone biz with the launch of a new Nokia Android phone ,details here http://www.gadgetsng.com/2017/01/nokia-6-specs-price.html
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by GoodyOG: 7:16am On Jan 09, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Recently, I've been getting quite a lot of emails from people seeking clarification about issues in blogging and how to start a blog.

I decided to make this post so you don't end up quitting on the long run. Blogging is a tough but fruitful journey and only the tough ones last on the blogosphere.

Here are 8 common reasons why people quit blogging :

Not Knowing Anything About Blogging

If you want to start blogging then the very first thing you should do is to study the system. Most bloggers start  blogging without any  knowledge of how the system works and  end up doing nothing.

Always make proper research before starting blogging. It will be a stepping stone to  your success.

Find what interests you and start a blog about it.

Insufficient Time

When you will ask any blogger who failed why he left blogging, he'll probably say " I didn’t have enough time to work on the  blog" .

A number of people start blogging with lots of enthusiasm and then end up quitting it because of lack of time.
Try to manage your time properly.

I put a whole lot of time to work on my blog.

Giving up Quickly

So many times, I've wanted to give up blogging but when I remember all the work I've put in, I simply refuse to quit and let all I've worked for go down the drain.
The secret to success is – Never ever quit .

Most new bloggers get tired within the first 1 one month that they finally come to the point that they decide to quit.

After a proper analysis, I discovered that most newbie bloggers quit during the first 3 months.

No Proper Writing Skills

I've seen a lot of blogs created by new bloggers and most times when they try to create unique content, they end up creating a catastrophe ; a post full of blunders and grammatical errors.

Blogging is about learning  and putting it in your own words. Bloggers write articles daily but often forget to pay attention to their writing skills. So lack of writing skill is one of the big obstacles.

Not Having A Proper Plan

I normally make plans on what to do next for my blog and constantly planning strategies on how to make the blog get to where I want it to.

Most new bloggers don’t know about the concept of making plans and how to execute them with proper time and resource management. Blogging is like a business, if you fail to plan, you're planning to fail.

Lack of Promotion

Promotion is a continuous process and you shouldn't stop till you get some good loyal readers.

Finding the best ways to promote a niche is a tough job. When they can't discover any means to promote their blogs, they just quit.

Not Being Persistent and Consistent

Every thing you do in life needs persistence and consistency.

In the first few days of starting a blog, people keep writing posts with full enthusiasm and atleast 5-10 articles a week ( I wrote up to 10 on my news blog ). Along the way, they feel that they aren't getting enough traffic and earning for their blog and then simply quit

Not Making Money

When I started blogging, I ran a news blog for about 3 months without earning anything but I continued. I didn't quit because I just wanted to make a name for myself in the blogosphere. On the long run, the news blog failed because it was really giving me stress. I made 800 posts on the news blog and got a total page view of 150,000. I was frustrated. When I compared NaijaTechGuy to the other blog, it's a huge difference. I've had over 1 million page views on my blog with the same number of posts I had on the news blog.

This is one of the biggest reasons why people just quit blogging after some time.I always tell people -  if you start a blog with the mindset that you're just going to make huge money in a short space of time, then blogging is certainly not for you. Unless you want to invest massively in advertising and get enough returns.

Making money online is not easy and it is one of the things that motivate people to continue blogging.

When people don’t make money for first 3-4 months then they think just think about quitting blogging.

Summary
Start doing some things that'll to take your blog to the next level, soon you will start reaping the fruits.  Be creative- find what is not in place in other blogs, add it to yours and run it with your own style.

Don’t feel like quitting. Give your best on your blog.

I drop my pen at this point.

thank sa lot naijatechguy,the post gave me an inspiration to continue blogging....
am almost quitting un my blog
www.goodiestechs.tk
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Bigajeff(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2017
Oya shakiti bobo, o fera Bentley bobo, o fera Ferrari bobo..
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Orikinla1: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2017
Blogging is expensive business, because of the costs of having a blog. And if you are not making money from it, shut it down.

Only few bloggers are making money to pay their bills.
And patronage is not based on merit, but by cronyism, favouritism and sharp practices.

The second richest blogger in Nigeria has less than 70, 000 visitors monthly, but makes about N200 million annually.
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Aywire(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2017
I build professional websites 08142174878
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by DaCharis2016: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2017
I really want to blog........although not had d idea of how to start.
Because, i will need technical knowldge.

Kindly advise how and where I can start.
And probably the skills i need to have in delivering a perfect blog.

Thanks
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by miller0093(m): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2017
hmmm the message inspired me to continue blogging grin http://millmic..com
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by bedfordng(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2017
nice tips
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2017
Blog, blog, blog everywhere. Is that the only thing available to do?
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Orikinla1:
Blogging is expensive business, because of the costs of having a blog. And if you are not making money from it, shut it down.

Only few bloggers are making money to pay their bills.
And patronage is not based on merit, but by cronyism, favouritism and sharp practices.

The second richest blogger in Nigeria has less than 70, 000 visitors monthly, but makes about N200 million annually.
how come? the 70k visitors and raking in such huge amount of money
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by asekefatima(f): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2017
Thank you for this message, you've inspired me alot since when I set -up my blog www.fatisticinfo.com. If you have the passion in what you do, you will never consider to stop. God bless you.
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by Sanuzi(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2017
thats tru shaaa
Re: 8 Common Reasons Why Most New Bloggers Quit Blogging by miqos02(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Orikinla1:

who is this please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

E-commerce Suffers Setback In Nigeria / How To Open A Verified Paypal Account In Ghana / Why A Digital Marketing Agency Should Build Your New Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.