Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nollywood: Copycats - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood: Copycats (1389 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Nollywood: Copycats by estylove1(f): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2006
Nollywood am sick and tired of you. Can you imagine that a film done by americans has been copied by nollywood. d film launch out which story line has to do with d parents of a guy (Mathew Mc-cougeney)paying a lady to fall in love with their son so that the son will move out of thier home expecially now dat he is 30. Nollywood has copied it there is a film now which they are advertising Show me Heaven done by Olu Jacobs, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal and Jim Iyke. Na wa oh nollywood no get their own innovation again. copy coy
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Eurphoria(f): 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2006
i don't see anything wrong, it just a story, i will like to see it from a Nigerian perspective(hoping they put a nIgerian feel to it) Hollywood copies alot of Asian films you know. Many horror films are copied by Hollywood . Japan does the best horror and hollywood always does their version of them and most times they don't bother really changing the title from the Japanese one lol. I don't see anything wrong. Its all part of the move and growth of nollywood.

Take for instance the movie ''Departed'' it was copied from an original Asian film ''Infernal affairs'' Hollywood didnt change much except the ending, so what do you think? smiley
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by estylove1(f): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2007
i am not saying they shouldnt copy but when u want to copy something its either u do it better than the way its been done before or u do it as it is or dont do it at all i hope understand what i mean
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Eurphoria(f): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2007
yeah i get you
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by osegwu(m): 11:27am On Jan 20, 2007
Nollywood is full of shit

Still me
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Seun(m): 7:16am On Jan 21, 2007
Yes, that's true. Such movies are known as "remakes".
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 22, 2007
Or "Remixes". LOL
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by estylove1(f): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2007
@ Seun
how u dey i am not too sure if u would still know me i attend Abundant Life (ALMUM) u were also coming to the church then i wonder why u stopped and i use to come to your house with Sist Titi Loremikan now Titi Awowole
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Flodel(f): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2007
haba i thought nigerians are intelligent! why copy (or Remake as seun said) anoda man's work? pls when is nollywood going to grow out of this shit?
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Jan 22, 2007
Remakes are common all over the world, especially Hollywood. King Kong has been remade 2 times!!
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by whiteroses(f): 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2007
it is true i seen about four movies nollywood coied fron holliwood i was boardered at first but i was like what the hell no biggie, plus i seen about 50 nollywood story stolen from bollywood, if you must know it's only the concentrated igbo people in nollywood that does that, the igbo's are too clever and cunning on plus side they are showing nigerians american movie
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Eurphoria(f): 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2007
here we go, why ? must you turn it tribal?
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Josh4ever9: 7:07am On Jan 24, 2007
everybody copies 4rm everybody. you can only have so many original ideas before u start rehasing stuff.
Yeah, pls dont lets go tribal, that's not cool at all.
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by freddie1(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2007
@ seun and euphoria, u are both correct. remakes are not bad in themselves, so lets not cry about nollywood!
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Swaziboy(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2007
Guys, good day. It may sound kind of funny but what is Nollywood?

thanks
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by scribe(m): 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2007
Nollywood is Nigerian version of HOLYWOOD cool
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by jaybaby(f): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2007
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by nahtino(m): 11:38am On Jan 25, 2007
Bollywood does it as well , theyv made a few American adaptations of some of their movies ,

Y not , as long as you do a great job if not better, I have no problem with it.

Plus its probly refigured for the set audience (ie Africans) so its not such a bad thing
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by loveth(f): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2007
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Nollywood: Copycats by Emad(f): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2007
but what does nollywood not copy from hollywood,, even the name is copied
There are films like , Two can play that game" by Vivica Fox which was copied in the movie HONEY by Genny & Ramsey
I think that was the most ridiculous.
They have also tried to copy the "bourne SUPREMACY " by Matt Damon, unfortunately they used Saint Obi who is not an action Hero, so it was so clumsy, well come to think of it we do not have any action heros in Nigeria undecided undecided
i feel so ashamed of it embarassed embarassed

Exclusive: The 'mr Latin' Death Rumour And How It Unfolded / Please Where Can I Download 24 Hour Final Season / Choose (game Of Thrones Vs Vikings) And(legend Of The Seeker Vs Merlin)