Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,369 members, 7,868,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival (47150 Views)

Soldier Who Brutalised Her Niece Replies: 'She Is Not A Virgin At Her Age' / Man Stabbed Daughter To Death A Day To Her Wedding In Anambra / 23year-old Dies While Struggling For Gun …his Death A Relief, Says Mother (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by odimbannamdi(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
Buhari o!
Meanwhile, i'm also a victim, i resigned a day after i got the beatings of my life.
I wept uncontrollably like a baby,
ARMY is for the strong hearted, he wouldn't get such beatings if he was a son of a politician tho.
Check my dp.

bro, gist us more na
You probably had your dp when you were still in the academy??
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by joephemzyz(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
Zane2point4:
There mates in the west have upgraded from physical training to mental training, they are still using their hand to bully ppl, that is why i asked one nigerian military officer that blw an ak 47 and sniper which one is more accurate, the jonsing man said ak 47,i jux nooded and left in disbelieve.

You probably had him confused.....
What's sniper?
No specifics?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by kuchikau: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
pippimp:

We call it hazing. It used to be a tradition we used to do back in the day. When you outrank someone or you are in a position because of authority, we would band together and bully the hell outta that Soldier. I remember the first day i met my squad leader, he looked at me as said "drop", which is another word for start doing push ups. I was wondering what i did wrong. I pushed for almost 30 minutes. Then he asked me if i was not going to ask why i was pushing. That was a trap. You never ever ask "why", you just do. I asked why and he told me it was because i was s.tupid. I didn't say anything. He then asked if i wasn't going to ask why was i s.tupid. He said because i came in as an E1 that i did not go to school. At the time, i only had my Nigerian degree and i did not know i could have converted my credits to an American one. Anyway, it was a wake up call. That was a long long time ago. Now, you try that shiit, you get relieved of rank and duty. If there is bodily harm because of your actions, you'll be spending the next couple of years at fort Leavenworth. Bad place. The army has evolved. Now we are expected to live up to a certain standard. We use our minds as much as we use physical efforts to solve problems. It is an absolute must now that if you are going to be a Sergeant, you have to have a degree, treat everyone with respect and dignity. The army noticed that with that behavior of hazing, they were grooming animals because on my first deployment, we went crazy. Shooting up every and anything in sight. A car blocks our path? BOOM, we blow it up. Sniper in a tree? We level the whole block. We had zero problem solving skills. We got high just from the action. What we did not realize was that as Soldiers our first job was to protect, not to harm or destroy. Now things have changed immensely. We are professionals and are expected to act like one. I wonder when the Nigerian military will start thinking like that?
Pls bro,
wat does it require to join you?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Bimpe29: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
That's tragic and barbaric. Let there be better ways of induction… Must they brutalize in order to be gallant?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by ganie(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
ministeriallist:

How can someone slum in a queue and sustain internal injury?
Why is this man hiding the truth?
did u not read the part where it was said that he had an accident on his way...smh Nigerians
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by chidozieikeji2: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
Amiano:
Why did the parents agree for the boy to be buried without post-mortem examination?

Did the NA compensate them to avoid scandal?
The senior cadets that are reaponsible for this young boys's death what will be their punishment?

I dont blame our brothers from the East who call this country a zoo cos thats exactly whaf it is with this kind of events happening without proper investigation
Good morning broda hope u slept well in the zoo
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by pippimp(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
kuchikau:
Pls bro,
wat does it require to join you?

You have to be a legal resident. Or be a student in the U.S who speaks Hausa, Ibo, or Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by ibrokola(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
Zane2point4:
There mates in the west have upgraded from physical training to mental training, they are still using their hand to bully ppl, that is why i asked one nigerian military officer that blw an ak 47 and sniper which one is more accurate, the jonsing man said ak 47,i jux nooded and left in disbelieve.
What's a sniper? You feel you must come n display your ignorance here
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Zane2point4(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Khameal007:

listen carefully.... The accuracy of a sniper rifle and an assault rifle rest solely on the operator... If you are equipped with a M40 sniper rifle and you ain't a trained sniper your accuracy balls down to zero.... but on the other hand if you are a trained infantry assaulter and you're get an FM 16... you will shoot through the eye of a needle.... the only perk with sniper is the long distance acceptability.. and do you know.. little factors like wind,height etc affects the accuracy of a sniper rifle due to distance....so please sir... if you're less informed about something... try to get more info before coming public.. have a nice day.

Oga, your turned my question upside down, i didnt ask about who posses or operate the gun, was asking which one is more accurate.
Its also a know fact dat Ak's after a distance of 100meters its no longer accurate,we simply dont have or maybe we have minimal officers with brains in terms of weaons and training.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by SeeUrLife: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Aigoooooooooooooooo...!
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Kdon2: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Poliporpor:
After an argument in church resulting from calling me “mommy and I am older than you”, I have been having this curiosity, why are pastors now called “Daddy” and their wives “mummy?” personally, I do not believe that it is right to address a pastor as “Daddy”. Like pastor is not enough respect to someone who teaches the Bible? Jesus was called teacher and not Daddy. Is there any bible verse to wrong my thought or are we now adopting our own style of Christianity? Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven
https://www.nairaland.com/3340626/why-pastors-wives-called-daddy

U no get work??
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Gkemz: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
All the while i never knew army can lie more than police. When has brutalization turned to unreported road accident. By the way which transport company was involved. And he sustained injury and you hide it from the parents. The PRO is a bloody hell liar.

1 Like

Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Zane2point4(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
ibrokola:

What's a sniper? You feel you must come n display your ignorance here

Dont be too fast to conclude, i even only used sniper 'so dat he mite understand what i mean, if i hv said M110 could he hv known?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Zane2point4(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
otunbadan:

which gun name be sniper Abeg? And are you aware that accuracy is more the job of the marksman than the rifle

Abeg go google sniper riffle either m40 or m110' cheers.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by fortune1968: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Omeokachie:
Never knew Lai Mohammed lectures at the NDA.

So symptom of stomach ache is a broken head?
U are too funny.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by petomas(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
[quote author=Amiano post=49228064]Why did the parents agree for the boy to be buried without post-mortem examination?

Did the NA compensate them to avoid scandal?
The senior cadets that are reaponsible for this young boys's death what will be their punishment?

[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]
It's so painful and disheartening for a young and vibrant cadet to die in such manner. But get it straight that nothing can be done again. He's gone and gone forever and U talking about post mortem examination is just bringing in a self philosophy that make no sense. Because b4 anyone is being admitted into the armed forces, there's a 'parent consent form' the father/guardian will sign which automatically have it that, the army will not be held liable for any injury, death or any misfortune during the periods of training. So immediately the guy was admitted into the academy, he becomes the property of the armed forces and if Nigeria at large. May his soul rest in peace
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
Poliporpor:
After an argument in church resulting from calling me “mommy and I am older than you”, I have been having this curiosity, why are pastors now called “Daddy” and their wives “mummy?” personally, I do not believe that it is right to address a pastor as “Daddy”. Like pastor is not enough respect to someone who teaches the Bible? Jesus was called teacher and not Daddy. Is there any bible verse to wrong my thought or are we now adopting our own style of Christianity? Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven
https://www.nairaland.com/3340626/why-pastors-wives-called-daddy

What do you call your biological parents.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by bolseas(f): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
ganie:
did u not read the part where it was said that he had an accident on his way...smh Nigerians

Did you read the part where they said the father dropped him in front of the gate?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
modelmike7:
What shall we call this?
Change
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by ministeriallist: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
ganie:
How am I to believe that? Am I not a Nigerian?
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by ministeriallist: 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
Read and comprehend, bro.
[/size]
Thank you grin
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
ganie:

On his way to where, b'cos the father dropped him at the gate......
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by pedestal82(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
For the ignorant, i will try to answer some of the issues/questions raised
1. The parents can not seek compensation, parents a made to sign off on their words before admission.
2. The screening was done some months back. The successful Candidates were asked to resume that weeekend. So it is possible he had an accident within the waiting period, before reporting.
3. This might sound cruel, but these things happen. If he could not stand a day of whatever was done to him, how can he survive 5 years of it?
4. Some of these candidates are butties, that have never known anything called stress. But because thier parents have the connection, they get admitted ahead of the fit and rugged ones who lack connection.
5. There is always a 5 percent casualty window in training. RIP to him.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
pippimp:

You have to be a legal resident. Or be a student in the U.S who speaks Hausa, Ibo, or Yoruba.

So if one doesn't speak these languages he's not needed even if he's a Nigerian of different tribe.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Pangea:

Oga
We fit make you the chief of staff?
We need someone like you to turn our soldiers from animals to professional soldiers.
Looking back at their activities against the Shiites not too long ago, is an eye opener!

The North remains the problem of Nigeria. Can you imagine how they recruited over 200 northern elements into the Army in the name of civilian JTF. Don't forget that some of these elements are herdsmen.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by Opatoranking(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
devilmaycry:
Who else blames Buhari for this ??
Oga sir you are not just patient at all .Incase of next time try and read very well.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
greggng:

What is it that you don't understand? Someone had an accident on his way and he failed to alert the authorities cos he was afraid they will drop him. But nature caught up with him and he suffered internal bleeding and died. May I remind you that a corper died on the parade ground during our nysc days.she fainted on the parade ground. Are we now gonna conclude the soldiers drilling us killed her? Let us stop being sentimental and accept reality

But the said he's the one that dropped in at the NDA gate.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
greggng:

What is it that you don't understand? Someone had an accident on his way and he failed to alert the authorities cos he was afraid they will drop him. But nature caught up with him and he suffered internal bleeding and died. May I remind you that a corper died on the parade ground during our nysc days.she fainted on the parade ground. Are we now gonna conclude the soldiers drilling us killed her? Let us stop being sentimental and accept reality

But the said he's the one that dropped in at the gate
greggng:

But the father said he's the one that dropped him at the gate.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2016
nams77:

A situation where some bunch of misguided misfits called senior cadets descends on a young lad and beat him to death is called rigorous training? No wonder this country aint moving forward with reasonings like this. This rubbish can't happen in western climes. The NDA would be sued for every single kobo they are worth!
The father said he dropped the boy at the gate, the NDA authority said he had accident while on his way to camp...hmmm. I smell something

A bird cried in the night and a baby died in the morning, who doesn't know that it's the bird that killed the baby.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by sekundosekundo: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
greggng:

We should learn to trust constitute authorities. You don't need to be there. Military don't beat their own to death. My dad was a soldier and I spent all my life in the barracks. I am not new to their regimental life style. For instance we use to ve a man o war security guy. Just a few months ago he resigned and joined the military.after his training he was posted to kastina were he was ambushed and shot in the head. I understand how painful it is to lose a loved one but this guy are trained to kill and in the cause of doing their job they may be killed. Sentiment should be jettisoned. If you don't want ur son to be exposed to the regimental life style then let him chose another profession.

Pls stop reasoning like a spoon fed child.
Re: NDA Cadet, ‘brutalised’ To Death A Day After Arrival by pippimp(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
sekundosekundo:

So if one doesn't speak these languages he's not needed even if he's a Nigerian of different tribe.

If you are a student who does not have a green card, and you don't speak these Nigerian Languages you will not be accepted. If you have a green card then you don't have to speak those languages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congolese Man Beats His Wife To Death After 2 Years Of Marriage (Graphic Pics) / Police Shoot Hoodlums Dead In Rivers State During Gun Battle (Graphic Photos) / Man Commits Suicide In Festac Today(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.