Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year (395 Views)

Truck Crashes Into A Shop At Ojodu, Lagos After Brake Failure This Evening (Pic) / Speeding Accounts For 60% Of Road Crashes In Nigeria - FRSC / 187 Died In 289 Road Crashes In Nine Days – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by edunwablog: 7:43am On Sep 10, 2016
No fewer than 5,707 road crashes were recorded in Nigeria between January and August this year, leaving
3,048 people dead and 17,446 others rescued.The statistic released by the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) yesterday, showed a slight reduction from the figure released for the same period in 2015, where a total of 3,233 people died and 17,189 others were rescued alive.
Stating that the agency has deployed about 20,000 personnel, 697 patrol vehicles, 283 motorbikes, 76 ambulances and 22 tow trucks across the country to tackle traffic challenges during Sallah, FRSC’s boss, Boboye Oyeyemi said the figures of road crashes are unacceptable and must be brought down. The statistic showed that more people died in January (529) compare to July and August combined (395), while 496 died in February, 513 died in March, 363 in April, 367 in May and 385 others in June.
The FRSC, which stated that commercial vehicles account for most of the cases of road crashes, linking most cases to over
Read full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/09/frsc-road-crashes-leave-3048-dead-this.html?m=1

Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by chriskosherbal(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2016
Lord I thank you for the protection of life.
Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by Rednaxelot: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2016
so unfortunate, we talk about AIDS, ebola, hepatitis B in Nigeria, without focus on accident. Little do we know accidents kill more than them.
Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by Raydos: 7:55am On Sep 10, 2016
what??
Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by ArchEnemy(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2016
Yeah; it's not a small issue
Accidents occur everywhere however we could do more to reduce the incidence in Nigeria through education of road users and good road maintenance
Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by kilokeys(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2016
just submitted a project on BEHAVIOURAL SAFETY to ISPON..

i was shocked at the outcome of my research..

religion places a major part>>>> the " NA GOD DEY PROTECT PERSON" mentality

poor maintenance schedule of vehicles

the terrible roads

the ALCOHOL disguised as HERBS sold in parks..

and many others..

its a shame and morally wrong for an individual to leave his house in the morning and not return to his family..
Re: Frsc : Road Crashes Leave 3,048 Dead This Year by AngryNigerian(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Chaiiii! This is the only good news that i've heard for like how many months now? Though, I feel that those figures might not reflect the actual figure...I see a lot of accidents that claim a lot of lives which might not be reflected in these figures...

Kudos FRSC...

Though the kain bribe wey òna de collect these days eh...maybe the #Change breeze never reach una yet

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Gives Birth To A Baby Mediterranean Rescue Ship / 5 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphone From Catching Fire / Heavy Traffic As Train Crashes Into Trailer In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.