Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. (3248 Views)

Wrestling Revolution. / FIFA 13 WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT ON PS3 AND XBOX(PRIZE $20,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2009
I am sick with all the soccer stuff. Cant we have competition for other gaming genres? Soccer, soccer, soccer ina no dey tire.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2009
malone5923:

I am sick with all the soccer stuff. Cant we have competition for other gaming genres? Soccer, soccer, soccer ina no dey tire.

Nobody will organise a competition for contestants that do not exist.

Stop playing games in ur crib alone. Come out and if there are more ppl who share the same sentiments as you, then it would be foolhardy to think a competition for other genres won't be organised.

Already Tekken and Street Fighter competitions are being held in other places. I dont know if u've eva being to any but they exist bruv. They do. Make the effort to attend first.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by GameWaver: 3:42am On Nov 08, 2009
If you guys are as good as you claim, let fix a weekend when we can meet and win some money.

guild wars gold
guild wars money
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by annekix(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2009

guy i feel you, i personally think soccer can get tiring,

i'm gonna come for the soccer event though but i aint playing, i've invited a few pals of mine who are into soccer already on facebook (some of em may win)

but i would like to discuss organizing a street fighter tourney,
also some other gaming ideas that me an a couple of buddies have concerning revolutionizing gaming culture in nigeria
just the way cinema i'e silverbird, e center etc culture has come here to stay,

i attended a street fighter tourney at siverbird galleria a couple of months back and it was cool saw a lot of peeps from university days

some grown ass men working in mtn, shell, ( i work in a bank) lol
hey it was fun
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2009
annekix:

guy i feel you, i personally think soccer can get tiring,

i'm gonna come for the soccer event though but i aint playing, i've invited a few pals of mine who are into soccer already on facebook (some of em may win)

but i would like to discuss organizing a street fighter tourney,
also some other gaming ideas that me an a couple of buddies have concerning revolutionizing gaming culture in nigeria
just the way cinema i'e silverbird, e center etc culture has come here to stay,

i attended a street fighter tourney at siverbird galleria a couple of months back and it was cool saw a lot of peeps from university days
some grown ass men working in mtn, shell, ( i work in a bank) lol
hey it was fun

All ideas and innovations are very welcome. The soccer thingy like i said is cuz mostly only soccer gamers can be bothered about playing outside of their homes.
I know for a fact that if gamers that enjoy other genres come out en mass, competitions will be organised for them.

@ annekix
I'll look out for you at the event.

@All
I'm getting feelers that the event migth be postponed due to the fact that the Super Eagles will be playing the last match of the World Cup qualifiers on saturday.
Keyword here being "Might"
I'll keep y'all updated.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2009
Poster

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2009
In a taxi heading towards the gamelounge. I was just sitting down in surulere trying to make time pass faster - then I remembered this thread and I thought "hey, why not?"

so I'm going there now. Once there, I will slay or I will be slain. That Is how it is grin

mistiky, hope I meet u there. The number u posted some time ago didn't go.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by ritchboy(m): 12:24am On Nov 16, 2009
^^ Were u slain or 'slayed' cheesy
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2009
ritchboy:

I defo got my ass handed to me yesterday by Tex.  sad  sad

We played two games. Lets just say I've had much much better days. cry  cry  I was beaten Green White and yes, Green.

@ Tex

Granted you had a good day yesterday. wink  I'll give you that, no excuses. Next time, I PROMISE, U'll remember Me in your sleep for months. And the dreams won't be good.  cool
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mistiky:

I defo got my ass handed to me yesterday by Tex.  sad  sad

We played two games. Lets just say I've had much much better days. cry  cry  I was beaten Green White and yes, Green.

@ Tex

Granted you had a good day yesterday. wink  I'll give you that, no excuses. Next time, I PROMISE, U'll remember Me in your sleep for months. And the dreams won't be good.  cool

lol
I await a rematch. But no be indian film o, revenge will only end up in defeat for you and your posse.

ritchboy:

Ah, it was an epic day indeed. After the dust settled, two of the gamelounge's finest had bitten the dust and yours truly stood triumphantly over their twitching corpses. grin

on a serious note Mistiky's pretty good, better technically than myself. It's a throwback from my PS1 Pro Evo days when i was the UNIBEN champion. I was never the best dribbler or the most accurate shot. I just won.

It was good to get back in the game once again, and the gamelounge rocks. I recommend a visit to all gamers!
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by otokx(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2009
Sounds like real fun; have to go back to train.

(1) (2) (Reply)

★The New Gta Chinatown Wars Android Gameplay / Cars Vs Giant Speed Bump Part 2 / I need used Xbox one FIFA 19 or FIFA 20 cd to buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.