Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment (405 Views)

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done / Help- Need A List Of Hospitals In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by donshegzy: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2016
Recent investigation has revealed that the present state of the nation’s economy has forced sick and pregnant people to abscond from medical facilities due to their huge debts and high cost of obtaining proper medical attention.

Investigations further revealed that sick patients have now resorted to traditional means of health care as the nation’s economy worsens.

Speaking on the recent finding, the Chief Medical Director, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Prof. Abdulwaheed Olatinwo said: “The problem is that more people cannot pay. We now need to be looking for more funds to take care of the poor as we cannot turn down people, most especially, emergency cases. For those who cannot pay, it is either we write their bills off or we rely on some philanthropists assistance.”

In the same view, the Director-General, Kwara State Hospital Management Bureau, Dr. Olubunmi Jetawo-Winter, also said: “We have a lot of patients who are unable to pay their bills. I believe it is because of the situation of the country.”

www.reporterng.com/2016/09/10/buharis-economy-sick-pregnant-debtors-sneak-out-of-hospitals-to-avoid-payment/
Re: Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by madridguy(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2016
Every blames now on President Buhari. Wahala dey ooooooo, hypocrites everywhere. Even if a jobless man impregnated his jobless girlfriend, they will blame it on PMB. No be today people could not afford to pay medical bill, since I know General Hospital, Ikeja, I've been seeing people begging around the premises, patients working for the hospital in exchange of their bill. Same thing at the first hospital in Nigeria " Lantoro, Abeokuta " they have a special ward for people's like that, " KOWOPE" anybody who knows Lantoro can testify to that.

The fact remains everywhere is dry but putting everything ontop PMB is hypocrisy.
Re: Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by Ezedon(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2016
Another means of CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME Campaign
Re: Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by Jostico: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2016
Buhari's regime has made the rich richer and the poor to dogs
But I strongly concur to this
"If you marry a good wife good and fine but if you marry the other you become a philosopher"
Re: Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by pheyikemi: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2016
The sad part is that most of these people voted for Buhari during the last election. I really don't blame Buhari much, I blame those who voted for him, cos if they hadn't voted for him, all this shii won't be happening now.
Re: Buhari’s Economy: Sick, Pregnant Debtors Sneak Out Of Hospitals To Avoid Payment by orisa37: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2016
Fulanis are Bokoharams, haters of Western Systems. So they can steal Hospital treatment freely @ Will.

(1) (Reply)

12 Important Facts You Need To Know About Urine / Dos And Don'ts Of Muscle Building / My Angel 's POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.