Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done (504 Views)

Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) / Young Man Afraid Of Injection On His Buttocks Cries (Video) / 'I Cannot Go Outside Because Children Are Afraid Of Me': (warning Graphics Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done by Tobitrueman(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
I'm not a big fan of doctors but no doubt appreciate their job.
Going to the hospital for anything at all, be it medical attention or just visitation, has been a childhood fear and that explains why I don't do the hospital thing. But after learning the importance of undergoing medical checkup, test and such like, as a novice, inquisitive questions popped up.
Now, to the doctors and people that are familiar with how things are done in the hospital, please:

1. How are medical test done e.g, blood test, blood group test, high blood sugar, e.t.c

2. And how much do they charge for any test? E.t.c
Re: Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done by Baroba(m): 2:07am On Sep 27, 2016
A syringe is inserted into your vein by a nurse or phlebotomist and a blood sample is taken for full blood analysis.. all the stuff you mentioned can be checked with the blood collected.. Is not as scary as it might sound, you will be surprised..

I don't know how much, i live and work in a country where healthcare is free..Good luck..

1 Like

Re: Afraid Of Hospitals: How Medical Test And Stuff Are Done by Tobitrueman(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Baroba:
A syringe is inserted into your vein by a nurse or phlebotomist and a blood sample is taken for full blood analysis.. all the stuff you mentioned can be checked with the blood collected.. Is not as scary as it might sound, you will be surprised..

I don't know how much, i live and work in a country where healthcare is free..Good luck..

Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Lose Weight With Almonds. / Solution For Women Who Bed Wet / Trying To Stop A Sneeze Could Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.