|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,422,722 members, 5,435,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 February 2020 at 02:45 AM
|Staying At School Hostel (advantages And Disadvantages) by beejaychinedu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2016|
Every student at one point or other is faced with a problem on making a decision whether to stay in the hostel or off campus. Whether you have chosen the former or later, they are pros and consequences attached to which ever one you have chosen.
In this article, we will be discussing the advantages as well as disadvantages of staying at the school hostel.
1. Few steps away from lectures: Staying on campus gives you the opportunity not to miss any lecture for a whole session just because the venues are stone throw from you. You can start preparing for your lecture just 15min before the time and still make it to the class.
2. No transportation issues : The queue at the park most times can be annoying. There are times you will have to trek to a certain place before you can get a cab. With staying on campus, transportation has never been the issue.
3. Less expensive : Staying at the school hostel gives you the opportunity to save a lot. Ranging from the cheap hostel fee to zero transportation cost to friends fixing meals for you to free watching of football matches. You really don't have to worry about you being broke most times .
4.Unlimited Internet access : Wow! Noting sounds better on campus than this. Having access to internet facility makes life easier. You can do whatever you like on the internet without breaking a sweat. Great!
5. Constant Power supply : This gives you the opportunity to study at midnight and whatever else you want to do with electricity.
6. Attaining great academic height : When you stay on campus, you get to meet people better than you academic wise easier, they help you with courses you finding difficult. You also have a lot more time to study compared to someone staying off campus. You can decide to use the library anytime you like. All these in one way or the other contributes to achieving good grades.
1. Lack of privacy : If you someone that really value his/her privacy then you will have to get used to life at hostel. No one respect your privacy and anything goes in the room.
2. Problems from squatters: Though they can be curb, but before then be ready to get frustrated, because of over population they could lead to disorganisation, quarrels and many more.
3. Dirty room mates : If you are unfortunate to be thrown into a room with dirty occupants, then be ready to beat them or join them and if you can't beat them you join them.
4. Easy prone to infections : Due to the fact that a lot of people make use of the few rest rooms available, this can really be a great challenge to others whose body get infected easily.
5. Peer Pressure : No doubt peer pressure is everywhere, but in this case you aren't given the opportunity to pick who to live with, if your room mate are bad gangs then you can be negatively influenced by them.
With this, the ball is in your court. In my next article Ill be writing about advantages and disadvantages of staying off campus. Stay tuned.
|Re: Staying At School Hostel (advantages And Disadvantages) by Busch: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46