Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com (835 Views)

10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! / 5 Things Npower Beneficiaries Must Do To Keep Their NPVN Profile Save / 6 Tips To Help You Create A Killer Video CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by oteneaaron(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
You need to create a killer Freelancer Profile to be able to Convince Employers to give you their Jobs to Handle.

It is necessary to learn how to Create a killer Freelancer profile, because it is an excellent opportunity to sell your skills to the next employer. Employers are looking for freelancers they can trust to always deliver, that is why your profile has to show that you are skilled and trustworthy. Always remember that you are talking through your profile, so talk well, better still pitch well!

Here are few tips to help you create a killer Freelancer profile :

1. Image –

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. That is why you have to choose a picture that will speak a thousand words to your potential Employers. Choose photos that depict you as professional and ready to work. Don’t choose photos that will irk off Employers before they even click on your profile.

2. Professional Title –

Your professional title defines what you do. If you are a Software Developer, state clearly that you are a Software Developer, if you are a Digital Marketer, state clearly that you are a Digital Marketer. Know the description that fits what you do and stick to that. When Employers tell you that they are looking for an article writer, what they mean is Content Writer, so don’t describe yourself as an Article Writer, this limits you and you also know that Content Writer is the appropriate description.

3. Hourly Rate –

You hourly rate is how much you charge per hour for every job executed, don’t under-price or overprice yourself. Include hourly rates that will also match Employer’s bid.

4. Your Skills-

This is where you include a broad display of what you can do. Always remember to include all the skills that correspond with your professional title. A Digital Marketer can include, SEO, Google AdWords, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing etc. All these skills perfectly match the professional title of Digital Marketing.

5. Category-

Every Skills set has a category that best explains it. You can choose from several categories which include Content development, content marketing, graphic design, illustration and digital content. Here you also have the option of choosing to receive emails about projects that match your category.

6. Country –

Ensure the country of residence is chosen so your potential employer knows your location.

7. About You –

Your “About You” is the most vital aspect of creating a killer Freelancer profile. You don’t need to write a long life of achievements or copy and paste your entire CV. Just include the best specifics that tallies with your professional title. Eg If you are Web Designer, do a brief introduction and focus on your Web Design experience and certifications and qualification you possess in this field.

8. Your Experience –

Input the number of years you have been working in that field. Displaying your years of experience tells your Employer that you know your onions.

9. State of Residence and Phone Number-

Input your state of residence and phone number. Your state of residence is where you currently reside.

10. Your Portfolio –

A portfolio is a collection of documents and writing that you assemble in order to demonstrate that you are appropriately experienced in that field. You can create Presentation Slides or PDF File of your previous successful projects. This is why you have to put your best foot forward.

What do you think? How do you create your own killer Freelance Profile?

Source : https://www.sourcegig.com/create-killer-freelancer-profile/

Re: How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by Roviarsguide(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
oteneaaron:
You need to create a killer Freelancer Profile to be able to Convince Employers to give you their Jobs to Handle.

It is necessary to learn how to Create a killer Freelancer profile, because it is an excellent opportunity to sell your skills to the next employer. Employers are looking for freelancers they can trust to always deliver, that is why your profile has to show that you are skilled and trustworthy. Always remember that you are talking through your profile, so talk well, better still pitch well!

Here are few tips to help you create a killer Freelancer profile :

1. Image –

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. That is why you have to choose a picture that will speak a thousand words to your potential Employers. Choose photos that depict you as professional and ready to work. Don’t choose photos that will irk off Employers before they even click on your profile.

2. Professional Title –

Your professional title defines what you do. If you are a Software Developer, state clearly that you are a Software Developer, if you are a Digital Marketer, state clearly that you are a Digital Marketer. Know the description that fits what you do and stick to that. When Employers tell you that they are looking for an article writer, what they mean is Content Writer, so don’t describe yourself as an Article Writer, this limits you and you also know that Content Writer is the appropriate description.

3. Hourly Rate –

You hourly rate is how much you charge per hour for every job executed, don’t under-price or overprice yourself. Include hourly rates that will also match Employer’s bid.

4. Your Skills-

This is where you include a broad display of what you can do. Always remember to include all the skills that correspond with your professional title. A Digital Marketer can include, SEO, Google AdWords, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing etc. All these skills perfectly match the professional title of Digital Marketing.

5. Category-

Every Skills set has a category that best explains it. You can choose from several categories which include Content development, content marketing, graphic design, illustration and digital content. Here you also have the option of choosing to receive emails about projects that match your category.

6. Country –

Ensure the country of residence is chosen so your potential employer knows your location.

7. About You –

Your “About You” is the most vital aspect of creating a killer Freelancer profile. You don’t need to write a long life of achievements or copy and paste your entire CV. Just include the best specifics that tallies with your professional title. Eg If you are Web Designer, do a brief introduction and focus on your Web Design experience and certifications and qualification you possess in this field.

8. Your Experience –

Input the number of years you have been working in that field. Displaying your years of experience tells your Employer that you know your onions.

9. State of Residence and Phone Number-

Input your state of residence and phone number. Your state of residence is where you currently reside.

10. Your Portfolio –

A portfolio is a collection of documents and writing that you assemble in order to demonstrate that you are appropriately experienced in that field. You can create Presentation Slides or PDF File of your previous successful projects. This is why you have to put your best foot forward.

What do you think? How do you create your own killer Freelance Profile?

Source : https://www.sourcegig.com/create-killer-freelancer-profile/

Nice points....

I believe how you present yourself as a freelancer really determines if your bid is accepted...

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by yemzzy02(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
https://www.nigerialog.com/index.php?action=refferals;refferedby=84 for writers who wants to earn as forum posters. reg and apply
Re: How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by oteneaaron(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
Roviarsguide:

Nice points....

I believe how you present yourself as a freelancer really determines if your bid is accepted...

You are right...
Re: How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by Nature129(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Let me quickly add that if any content mill has English language proficiency test, you must take it to prove that you really understand the language.

The truth is, what most of us Nigerians speak is a language that sounds like English but not really English. grin

Sadly, some of those tests aren't free of charge as you have to pay in dollars.

To stand out as a writer, visit international online platforms to learn good English (esp tense) because what our teachers taught us in school in the name of English na "I beta pass my nebo" grin

For example, when you hear people say, "I will try my possible best," "things are hard," and "people that matters," they wouldn't know they are speaking a language that sounds like English...I don't blame them though...nobody told them grin

You can't write that trashy stuff I put up there for a White man and expect him to pay you. The man go just click on Ctrl + del grin
Re: How To Create A Killer Freelancer Profile | Sourcegig.com by oteneaaron(m): 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Nature129:
Let me quickly add that if any content mill has English language proficiency test, you must take it to prove that you really understand the language.

The truth is, what most of us Nigerians speak is a language that sounds like English but not really English. grin

Sadly, some of those tests aren't free of charge as you have to pay in dollars.

To stand out as a writer, visit international online platforms to learn good English (esp tense) because what our teachers taught us in school in the name of English na "I beta pass my nebo" grin

For example, when you hear people say, "I will try my possible best," "things are hard," and "people that matters," they wouldn't know they are speaking a language that sounds like English...I don't blame them though...nobody told them grin

You can't write that trashy stuff I put up there for a White man and expect him to pay you. The man go just click on Ctrl + del grin

Absolutely Correct ...... cool cool

And Sadly most Nigerian Freelancers ignore this.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Are To Blame for Being Unemployed / U-connect Human Resources LTD Is Currently Recruiting Retail Executives / Administrative Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.