Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? (37228 Views)

Fashola At Nnamdi Azikiwe's Burial Site In Onitsha (Photos) / Fashola At The Commissioning Of Power Stations In Zamfara State / Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by guiddoti: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
franciskaine:
mind you, not all Igbos are against this govt. Many Igbos are die hard fans of this govt, the fact remains that the majority seem to disagree. When I read tribal e-wars on Nairaland I marvel at how disoriented most people are. I'm Igbo and I am a strong supporter of Buhari even before today.
bro, you aren't alone.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by NobleG1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fashola is the ONLY Yoruba leader I like and respect a lot. Even though he did wrong by "deporting" some Igbos during his administration as governor, it didn't change my perception of him because he apologized. We all make mistakes.

Fashola is a great gift to Yorubas. A gift I wished we Igbos had in this modern time. He was the best governor in Nigerian history. He changed Lagos and made living there a bit more conducive. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's a saint. I believe ALL Nigerian politicians are corrupt but he's not too corrupt to not perform for the masses.

When he was appointed a minister, I had no doubt he would do well. In fact, I wish he was the president. I hope he would present himself in future as a presidential aspirant. I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Fashola is the ONLY politician in Nigeria today we can trust a little. Others are outright thieves who have no agenda to work for the people.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by rlauncher(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
vislabraye:

After raining season, we will know.

WAILERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by SMREXY(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
aresa:
The fact that some hateful and bitter people are not recognizing and talking Bout the good work Fashola is doing doesn't mean other people are not talking and appreciating his good work.

We achieved over 5000MW first time in our history under Fashola and now we have month after month sustained and improve power supply

We have hundreds of abandoned projects now back on track with many Nigerians back to their construction jobs..

Abandoned and neglected power plant projects like the 4000MW Mambilla power project is back on tract

Fashola singed agreements for the construction of 14 new solar power plans to deliver 1300MW

For the first time, live cash is on the table to construct the 2nd NB

Lagos Ibadan express construction project is back on track

For the first time we have a housing master plan for low cost housing.

16 years of PDP couldn't deliver what Fashola delivered so far in less than 1 year...

I wish I could give this post 1,000,000 likes and shares
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by guiddoti: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
hylyne:

They have not done anything new in power. The relative constant power we enjoy now, is cos of increased water volume in the dam following the rain...??
really? did you study hydro-power engineering? you speak so sure as one who has been following Fashola, telling you: "is raise in water volume." I hail you, bro
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by idupaul: 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
With Number of polls and threads about it the last week it's clear that Fashola and his spin Doctors are at it again .

2 Likes

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by vislabraye(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
rlauncher:

WAILERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

. Ok o

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by rlauncher(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
aresa:

Recognizing and appreciating progress and positive changes is very different from praising.

And so be it even if it's praising, the fact that you don't and won't shouldn't mean other people can not. and should not.

It's a free country and It's not by force.

Don't mind him. He thinks it is good to criticize but bad to applaud. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
. Even the
most awfully failed part of the Okija-Ihiala-Uli-
Egbu-Oguta-Ahoada linking Anambra, Imo and
Rivers states which is not in the captured in this year’s budget is being rehabilitated
because it is considered a national emergency.
It has to be noted that RCC, Julius Berger and
Integrated Services Ltd are among several
companies which moved to sites before the
release of the first quarter of this year’s budget.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Kenechi1: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Standing5:
God af messi on yhu. Constructed? The only construction by GEJ is your post.
Where's the change your savior promised?
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Kenechi1: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
rlauncher:

Wailer! Power has improved nationwide in the last 30days. Some people have just decided to be negative no matter what the government does.

This government is doing the best possible to get this country out of recession which will take us a minimum of 2 years from now. You better go find something to do with your life and stop being negative.
You must support mediocrity
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by bizza45: 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
i don't care what people say about fashola, one thing I have always know about that guy is that he works .... no matter how much he loots, he still work

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by MrPresident1: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
sukkot:
[bHMMMM

MRPRESIDENT1 THE CONFUSED MAN COME AND CHEE CHUMTIN OOOO. THIS MAN WATA EYAF TURN TO ICE BLOCK BECAUSE TOO MUCH ELECTRICITY. BUT YOU SAY BUHARI IS A CURSE ? MAKE RAT CHOP DAT YA MOUTH WEY YOU TAKE DEY CURSE BUHARI LOLZZZ[b

Whether it is I who told the truth to try to save the people from slavery, or you are the TALENTED LIAR whose audacious LIES helped in no small part to sell the people into slavery, posterity and YAH will judge.

The mouth that brought redemption is also the one that brought slavery, the same mouth springs both sweet and bitter water, a thing most hated and detested by THE MOST HIGH. Your kind are vile, contemptible, and detestable before THE MOST HIGH, and YAH will meet you soon. You will pay a very heavy price for this betrayal grin.

Your foundation of lies is crashing, more and more people will come to see you for who you are, the opinions of psycophants are the indicators you are using to measure the success and achievements of your lord and personal saviour buhari, how about something more realistic like shouting 'sai baba' in the streets? grin

Enjoy your fleeting moments in the sun while it lasts, what is decreed cannot be aborted. tongue
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by MrPresident1: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
sukkot:
[b coupled with buharis new WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE program. BUHARI IS WORKING. I BEING TOLD FOLKS BUT THEY ACTING STUPID LIKE THEY CANT SEE. MRPRESIDENT1[/b

Hehehe, this is 2016 the year of the LORD.

You LIED, sukkot the talented liar, YOU LIED! and railroaded the people into slavery angry

You will give full account to the One who calls Himself THE MAN OF WAR grin
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Pavarottii(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
aresa:
The fact that some hateful and bitter people are not recognizing and talking Bout the good work Fashola is doing doesn't mean other people are not talking and appreciating his good work.

We achieved over 5000MW first time in our history under Fashola and now we have month after month sustained and improve power supply

We have hundreds of abandoned projects now back on track with many Nigerians back to their construction jobs..

Abandoned and neglected power plant projects like the 4000MW Mambilla power project is back on tract

Fashola singed agreements for the construction of 14 new solar power plans to deliver 1300MW

For the first time, live cash is on the table to construct the 2nd NB

Lagos Ibadan express construction project is back on track

For the first time we have a housing master plan for low cost housing.

16 years of PDP couldn't deliver what Fashola delivered so far in less than 1 year...

Unfortunately, everything u av said are all bullshit and stories. U should be assking how many MW are we generating now. Do u still know how many roads that GEJ started and r abondoned till now. If it's house abeg don't go there. Unless u av pic of the building, project duration and date.

Thank you.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Bekeey: 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
what did he know in power...can he define positive and negative in related to electricity. Polithiefcian
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pavarottii:

Unfortunately, everything u av said are all bullshit and stories. U should be assking how many MW are we generating now. Do u still know how many roads that GEJ started and r abondoned till now. If it's house abeg don't go there. Unless u av pic of the building, project duration and date.

Thank you.

Pavarottii:

GEJ will be forever be my Hero.

Pavarottii:

Any other candidate apart from GEJ, is another exercise in futility.

Pavarottii:
GEJ. Whether u like it or not. Is the best president Nigeria has ever had.

U guys should enjoy ur buhari; cos most of u said. U wanted him and he is just barely 15months. By d time he is finished with Nigeria. U guys will beg for GEJ. Watch out. The suffering u r seeing now is small ooo... let dem increase fuel price again first. Mayb that time; ur eyes will start clearing.

Going by the above quote, idiocies and delusional joker who still think GEJ is still in office and didn't lose any elections, or GEJ is coming back or even that Nigerians didn't kick that clown out of office, you are your kind are nothing but boring and irrelevant internet trolls....

Abeg get lost with your retardation and idiotic ramblings...

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
hylyne:

They have not done anything new in power. The relative constant power we enjoy now, is cos of increased water volume in the dam following the rain...??

So, Nigeria didn't have any rain and increased water level for all the 16 years of PDP to give us the historical 5000MW and month after month of improved power supply Nigerians are experiencing today?

Abi that rain and high water level just waited for 16 years for Fashola to enter office before increasing?

You hateful and bitter people really know how to bore us with the dumbest and unintelligent nonsense for real..

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fashola got construction workers and contractors all over the country back to work

Fashola singed agreements to build 14 new power plants

Nigerians are experiencing improved power supply even before the new power plants are finished

PDP looted and shared $20 billion power funds, but they gave us darkness in return, but Fashola improved everything across the board in all the 3 ministries under his control without any looting and stealing?

Imagine if Fashola was in charge when we had all the funds and even the looted $20 billion that gave us nothing but PDP darkness...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by sukkot: 1:55am On Sep 12, 2016
MrPresident1:

Hehehe, this is 2016 the year of the LORD.

You LIED, sukkot the talented liar, YOU LIED! and railroaded the people into slavery angry

You will give full account to the One who calls Himself THE MAN OF WAR grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by sukkot: 1:57am On Sep 12, 2016
MrPresident1:

Whether it is I who told the truth to try to save the people from slavery, or you are the TALENTED LIAR whose audacious LIES helped in no small part to sell the people into slavery, posterity and YAH will judge.

The mouth that brought redemption is also the one that brought slavery, the same mouth springs both sweet and bitter water, a thing most hated and detested by THE MOST HIGH. Your kind are vile, contemptible, and detestable before THE MOST HIGH, and YAH will meet you soon. You will pay a very heavy price for this betrayal grin.

Your foundation of lies is crashing, more and more people will come to see you for who you are, the opinions of psycophants are the indicators you are using to measure the success and achievements of your lord and personal saviour buhari, how about something more realistic like shouting 'sai baba' in the streets? grin

Enjoy your fleeting moments in the sun while it lasts, what is decreed cannot be aborted. tongue
you are a hard man to please brah undecided grin
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Pavarottii(m): 3:46am On Sep 12, 2016
aresa:

Going by the above quote, idiocies and delusional joker who still think GEJ is still in office and didn't lose any elections, or GEJ is coming back or even that Nigerians didn't kick that clown out of office, you are your kind are nothing but boring and irrelevant internet trolls....

Abeg get lost with your retardation and idiotic ramblings...
grin
Enjoy ur change. grin
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2016
[s]
Pavarottii:

Enjoy ur change.
[/s]

And you can keep enjoying your hate, bitterness and eternal frustration.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by egbetokuns(m): 5:55am On Sep 12, 2016
LoveMachine:
https://www.thecable.ng/fashola-work-no-one-talking

BY MODESTUS UMENZEKWE

I have in the last few months been travelling to my hometown of Achina in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State at a high frequency for reasons which need not be stated here. I have been going by road because the road is today much better and safer than, say, this time last year. Another reason I travel by road is to have a firsthand experience with a view to reporting to the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who always solicits for such frank reports with a view to taking appropriate action.

Whereas the Onitsha-Asaba-Benin-Ore sections of the Lagos to Onitsha Highway have in the last few years been generally good, the Lagos-Shagamu-Ore sections are in a mess. One is glad to report that tremendous reconstruction work is currently taking place in the worst of all the failed sections. Reynold Construction Company (RCC) has divided the Lagos-Sagamu-Ore sections into four parts and is working on them simultaneously in a rather frenetic manner, even in the rains. In a fashion reminiscent of the mass attack principle, RCC is reconstructing what remains of the Ondo State section of the highway, the Ijebu Ode part, the Shagamu end as well as the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. When I was driving from Anambra State to Lagos two days ago, I had to stop briefly at the Ijebu Ode site because what is going on there looks more like new construction rather than rehabilitation. Rev Sister Christy Okonkwo, an impressed Catholic nun who is from Nnewi in Anambra State and works with the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Congregation at Epe in Lagos State, remarked after watching the massive deployment of equipment, machines and human resources: “There is still hope for Nigeria”.

In the past, such massive reconstruction which always resulted in the closure of at least one side of the highway had invariably led to traffic gridlock. Reverend Sister Christy narrated how she and her colleagues spent three hours on one spot while going for the funeral of a colleague’s relative. Like the rest of her colleagues, she consequently developed a phobia for travelling by road to the Southeast and South-south from Lagos. But this time traffic is directed professionally not just by the RCC workers and Federal Road Safety Corps officials but also by teams of police and army personnel whose presence injects discipline and order in the heads of commercial motorists, especially those of minibuses whose irresponsible driving exacerbates traffic gridlock. What is more, the conspicuous presence of soldiers in particular has driven away armed robbers and kidnappers from the highway. Capitalizing on the failed portions which naturally forced motorists to stop, kidnappers on one occasion shot an Igbo priest with the Warri Catholic Diocese in the hand and took away a young boy with him and on another occasion took away nuns of the St Louis Congregation in Ondo State who were travelling on a bus and hid them in a thick forest for a whole 10 days. Today all this criminal nonsense on the Lagos-Onitsha Highway is history.

Lest I forget, while driving through Benin, we noticed there were two awfully failed sections of this extraordinarily busy highway. One is directly opposite the NIPCO filling station on the Benin-Agbor section of the road while the other on the Benin Bypass. Mr Fashola was contacted on his personal phone, and he quickly began to ask questions about the exact locations and extent of the failed portions. It was evident that the officials of the Federal Ministry of Works and the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) had yet to report the state of the road to him. When he was satisfied with details of the failed portions, he promised to immediately get in touch with the contractor to assess the rehabilitation and revert to him. Talk of responsive leadership. Talk of working with passion and commitment.

One thing about Fashola is that he executes every assignment as though his life depended on it. He is, to a considerable extent, the face of what the Catholic Church has in recent decades popularized as the common good. He is also a considerable representation of the concept of servant leadership. A few weeks ago when it was brought to his knowledge that the Asaba end of the Lagos-Onitsha Expressway had collapsed, he immediately directed Julius Berger which was working on another project in the neighbourhood to move to the site of the failed part. Work is going on there right now. The rainy season has always been cited by various state governments and the Federal Ministry of Works as the main justification for suspending road construction or rehabilitation by this time of the year, but this explanation cuts no ice with Fashola who, as we have seen right from his days as the Lagos State governor, works all year round.

One has not in the last few months been travelling to other parts of the country, but one understands that road reconstruction is taking place all over the federation everywhere there is a provision in the budget for it. Even the most awfully failed part of the Okija-Ihiala-Uli-Egbu-Oguta-Ahoada linking Anambra, Imo and Rivers states which is not in the captured in this year’s budget is being rehabilitated because it is considered a national emergency.

It has to be noted that RCC, Julius Berger and Integrated Services Ltd are among several companies which moved to sites before the release of the first quarter of this year’s budget. They went to work without the payment of mobilization fees in these economically hard times because of their trust in the integrity of the minister. As management experts have long noted, integrity or character is a most invaluable asset in business transactions whether in the private or public sector. In other words, as more releases are made, both the scope and intensity of road work by the Federal Government will escalate.

Fashola assumed duties as the Minister of Power, Works and Housing only last November, that is, less than a year now. Before he could settle in office, take stock of things, make his own projections and then mobilise funds, critics had gone to town, with some wondering if he could run this enlarged ministry successfully. If Fashola could excell as the Lagos State governor in a way which earned him great praise and awards from the greatest global media and think tanks, he should be expected to continue on the trajectory of high service delivery. Now that work is going on even in the rainy season on federal roads, why have even the media been shy to report it? Well, if the media fail to report these developments, frequent road users like us who feel and experience the massive work daily cannot deny the evidence of our eyes.

God bless Nigeria.

Umenzekwe (modestusokechukwu661@yahoo.com, 08037202353) is immediate past president, Odunade building materials dealers association, Lagos
Op. God bless u for dis insight.

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Pavarottii(m): 6:31am On Sep 12, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

And you can keep enjoying your hate, bitterness and eternal frustration.
Lol, me that am happy that u people's candidate and God has disgraced u people. It's like u don't av a job. On a more serious note. Send ur CV; that's if. U r done with school.

Av a great day.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 6:33am On Sep 12, 2016
[s]
Pavarottii:

Lol, me that am happy that u people's candidate and God has disgraced u people. It's like u don't av a job. On a more serious note. Send ur CV; that's if. U r done with school.

Av a great day.
[/s]

And you can keep enjoying your hate, bitterness and eternal frustration..
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by odaniel1(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2016
idupaul:

I am currently in Lagos and I tell you this is the 3rd day we haven't had light..

Thanks to you guys and my involvement in this matter, my transformer just blew up this morning undecided
idupaul:

I am currently in Lagos and I tell you this is the 3rd day we haven't had light..

Thanks to you guys and my involvement in this matter, my transformer just blew up this morning
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by idupaul: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2016
odaniel1:

Thanks to you guys and my involvement in this matter, my transformer just blew up this morning undecided

Thanks to you guys and my involvement in this matter, my transformer just blew up this morning

Eyah ...kpele. .my own light just came up this morning after 5 days of darkness
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by AlPeter: 11:08am On Sep 12, 2016
idupaul:

Eyah ...kpele. .my own light just came up this morning after 5 days of darkness
see winch! So you use your Juju comot d guy transformer put for your own. Winch Winch winch...
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by idupaul: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
AlPeter:
see winch! So you use your Juju comot d guy transformer put for your own. Winch Winch winch...

grin grin grin
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by NairaandNigeria: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:
We wailers are blinded by hatred and jealousy. We will never see anything good in the performance of the president and any of his Afonja ministers. The only thing we want to see is #bringbackGEJ and #BringbackCorruption.......IPOB.

Then you will neither see your GEJ nor the corruption. Bye bye to both in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by mikolo80: 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Darnyel:

Power sector is the most intricate and complicated; it depends on a good number of factors. We need to be considerate. Give him a little more time.
ah he has 3 more years whether we like it or not.
My own is he should clear wailers doubt because we know how many insult we don chop because of igr go slow approach. Remember he said it could be done in 6 months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Reps List 50 "Impeachable Offences" Against Jonathan / Atiku Replies Buhari Organisation, Says President’s Camp Now Confused / Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.