Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? (37243 Views)

Fashola At Nnamdi Azikiwe's Burial Site In Onitsha (Photos) / Fashola At The Commissioning Of Power Stations In Zamfara State / Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by PTAwal: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mynd44:
Because one group of Nigerians judge Fashola by the standards he set while he was governor of Lagos and that standard is high. Higher than fixing roads, it is a standard that will need the ministry he heads to conceive, execute and complete huge plans and such must make us go "wow, this is change"

Yes the re-constructions are commendable but blow our brains uncle Fash. We know you can

The other group are people so blinded by hatred and ethno-religious madness that they are just blind and hence dont see nothing. So even if the ministry under Fash does miracles, they wont see it

Your head is correct.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by NeduLuiZ(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
yorubasmustprosper:
Tribalists and bigoted vultures are here already to point fingers..

Instead of them to concentrate on the topic and make a resounding contribution, No.. They would rather feed their wickedness and hateful vacuum..

Mynd44 seunmsg when are you gonna grow up and don't stink up beautiful threads meant to bridge the understanding of Nigeria towards the roles of this useless administration..

Why won't you give people the chance to comment freely on the only good report on this regime for months now without polluting the front page with your obstinate views..
how I wish all Nigerians would start looking beyond tribe and religion... Only few of your type exist
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by jozee8: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tremor007:

What of if I tell you that they are actually lying about Fashola's achievement s undecided if you are in doubt just ply those aforementioned roads. nonsense
See grammar abeg...
what of if... bros i hail oo
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mynd44:
Because one group of Nigerians judge Fashola by the standards he set while he was governor of Lagos and that standard is high. Higher than fixing roads, it is a standard that will need the ministry he heads to conceive, execute and complete huge plans and such must make us go "wow, this is change"

Yes the re-constructions are commendable but blow our brains uncle Fash. We know you can

The other group are people so blinded by hatred and ethno-religious madness that they are just blind and hence dont see nothing. So even if the ministry under Fash does miracles, they wont see it
mind you, not all Igbos are against this govt. Many Igbos are die hard fans of this govt, the fact remains that the majority seem to disagree. When I read tribal e-wars on Nairaland I marvel at how disoriented most people are. I'm Igbo and I am a strong supporter of Buhari even before today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by chiefobdk(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Why don't you go to the aforementioned cite and take pictures to show the writer is lying. Bigotry is worst than cancer.

why will i risk my life in dat road over a mere lie?

is it not the same road we igbos use?
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by baumolina(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
Electricity has been relatively stable in my area. Light hasnt been taken for over 48 hours in Koshofe LG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Decryptor(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
LoveMachine:
Even the most awfully failed part of the Okija-Ihiala-Uli-Egbu-Oguta-Ahoada linking Anambra, Imo and Rivers states which is not in the captured in this year’s budget is being rehabilitated because it is considered a national emergency.

This Modestus Okechukwu is a pathological LIAR!
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by guiddoti: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
idupaul:
Stop deceiving that man please because nothing has changed in the power sector
I can see you haven't changed.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by amagunnerfan: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
chiefobdk:

why will i risk my life in dat road over a mere lie?

is it not the same road we igbos use?
A mere lie cos you said so? Only a foool will believe you.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by idupaul: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
highbeekeys:

Really? Nothing hs changed?
You must be living in a deserted area.

Abeg park well.. I don't live in deserted area.. ..yhis is the third day I am going without light and burning through about 5k of fuel a day ..let's stop deceiving ourselves nothing special has happened in the power sector other than the tariff rise. . I know Fashola supporters are desperate to see him achieve and shame his critics but the time has not come.. for a week now I have had some electricity token I wanted to load but I haven't yet because I can't even run into electricity to do so
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by amagunnerfan: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
obailala:

Fixing of one extremely bad portion of a road isn't the same as fixing the whole road. The road is still horrible between Ore and Sagamu.
What the writer and myself and many others are celebrating is the fact that there is work ongoing on projects that were abandoned under the last administrations and the ones before it.

No one is saying the work is part but we are appreciating the PROGRESS MADE so far. Is that too difficult to understand?

Can I ask you a question? When last was 5000 MW generated until the last administration?

Fashola is working only those who have sold their souls to the devil won't and can't see it.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by yemmight(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
idupaul:
Stop deceiving that man please because nothing has changed in the power sector

Nothing has changed in the Power Sector? Do you leave in Naija? Despite the bombings here and there by your brithers, I enjoy light between 15 and 18 hours of light all day. For the first time in the history of Naija, we now have 5 thousand mega watts and nothing has changed?

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by AleeDee(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pls as u said u ve uncles fash's number, hlp me remind him of jalingo-yola Rd nd jalingo-numan-gombe rd.
Talkin abt light, it has rili improved in taraba state. 3wks or more wit constant light and d only tym dey will take it, it won't last more than 10-15 mins
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by idupaul: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
yemmight:

Nothing has changed in the Power Sector? Do you leave in Naija? Despite the bombings here and there by your brithers, I enjoy light between 15 and 18 hours of light all day. For the first time in the history of Naija, we now have 5 thousand mega watts and nothing has changed?

For your info in December 2012 Nigeria first hit 5000 Megawatts and within a week it went down to 4500 Mws ..so do you realise that Fashola hasn't added an extra Mega watts to the installed capacity that already existed and yet you want to attribute it to him ..anytime our a hydro electric dams peak any Tom duck and Harry will hit the peak capacity of our installed generation capacity. . Meanwhile where in post to did I state of was from the south south because it saddens me that I complained that I haven't had light for days and yet you think of said that because I come from a certain region ..Guy wake up abeg

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Emmahunk(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ezigbo mmadu. In all, you did not see the Onitsha - Enugu expressway that has been abandoned for years now forcing motorists to access Enugu through the old road.
Since you have Fashola's number, I thought they say 'charity begins at home'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Tremor007: 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
jozee8:

See grammar abeg...
what of if... bros i hail oo
Really? You must have been an English Teacher all your life but not an English Professor

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Tremor007: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
idupaul:

For your info in December 2012 Nigeria first hit 5000 Megawatts and within a week it went down to 4500 Mws ..so do you realise that Fashola hasn't added an extra Mega watts to the installed capacity that already existed and yet you want to attribute it to him ..anytime our a hydro electric dams peak any Tom duck and Harry will hit the peak capacity of our installed generation capacity. . Meanwhile where in post to did I state of was from the south south because it saddens me that I complained that I haven't had light for days and yet you think of said that because I come from a certain region ..Guy wake up abeg
Just tell the clown that as at Thursday 8th September, 2016 power sector is currently operating at 3,856 mW according to TVC news. I must also beg you to ignore him becos zombies don't learn easily.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Kpartners: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Oga they bribe you? Oya what of the toll free 2nd Niger bridge the change govt promiced us or how far for Enugu Onitsha express way
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by jozee8: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tremor007:

Really? You must have been an English Teacher all your life but not an English Professor
You don dey vex? na hail i jus hail na bros
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by amarilo: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
Renold Construction Company has been on that road even before YARADUA enter ask rock. That road contract was awarded by OBJ if not Abacha. So nothing like Fash on that road except being the current Minister of works.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Tremor007: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
jozee8:

You don dey vex? na hail i jus hail na bros
On a contrary I am actually eulogizing you as an English Teacher. vex? for what now?
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by hylyne(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
rlauncher:

Wailer! Power has improved nationwide in the last 30days. Some people have just decided to be negative no matter what the government does.

This government is doing the best possible to get this country out of recession which will take us a minimum of 2 years from now. You better go find something to do with your life and stop being negative.

They have not done anything new in power. The relative constant power we enjoy now, is cos of increased water volume in the dam following the rain...??
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kenobus:
Fashola is a complete failure!. He was overrated he did just average in Lagos. See what Ambode has done under one year with little resources. The jobs this guy referred to are all jobs given by last govt. This govt should go and start it's own. Contracts awarded and stopped by Buhari were just reactivated and some feckless person is saying working? Which work? The second Niger bridge has been fully paid for why did Buhari/ Fashola stopped it? Very simple. Stop it and letter act as if it is being rewarded. That is what they did on Lagos-Ibadan express way. They can only deceive fools.

Kenobus:
Up GEJ!

Kenobus:
GEJ is Nigerian Hero anyday! Thanks for your vision!

Kenobus:
They are bunch of failures

Another poster already dutifully explained people like you and your kind so who cares?

This is about Nigeria and not about Igbos so let Nigerians worry about Nigeria while you worry about your ipob
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
sirconfidence1:
If the immediate ex-president who come from that geopolitical zone can't fix the road in his 5years plus in office, I don't tthink you should blame this current government especially Fashola. I know Fashola deliver, he possesses qualities to deliver.

When you emulate a failed government, you're also bound to become a failure. Governance is a continuous process and neglecting Port Harcourt /Aba highway because Jonathan neglected it is a sure sign of bad leadership, aferall the past administration did lots of projects for the North just to buy them over.Why won't this present one reciprocate the gesture to the South South/South East.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Kenobus:
Fashola is a complete failure!. He was overrated he did just average in Lagos. See what Ambode has done under one year with little resources. The jobs this guy referred to are all jobs given by last govt. This govt should go and start it's own. Contracts awarded and stopped by Buhari were just reactivated and some feckless person is saying working? Which work? The second Niger bridge has been fully paid for why did Buhari/ Fashola stopped it? Very simple. Stop it and letter act as if it is being rewarded. That is what they did on Lagos-Ibadan express way. They can only deceive fools.

Kenobus:
. It is not. Fashola was an average guy. With all the funds he got see what he could do. Ambode with dropped funds, especially from Federal Govt; has done miles apart from Fashola. Ambode's one year is almost competing with Fashola. All the abandoned projects of Fashola, Ambode is finishing them and doing great new ones.

The above quote of yours about FASHOLA is another of your ignorance and needless hate and bitterness.

Ambode's budget is over N100 billion more than FASHOLA's largesst budget and as much as we and even FASHOLA said about the need for AMBODE to top his own achievement, Ambode with what he's done so far is not even anywhere close to Fashola's achievement in Lagos state.

Fashola delivered more than all the other 35 states combined and the FG included many times over and he's record.

Successes by predecessors is what incoming governors build on and Ambode is able to build on his predecessors good work.

Without Fashola's work and improved IGR, Ambode won't be able to do anything or even able to increase his budget by N100 billion.

Fashola's 8 Years And Gej/FG/All PDP State's 16 Years Record. Compare. PICS

https://www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg

^^^^^ Fashola trashed 16 years of PDP and GEJ combined...

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures.

https://www.nairaland.com/2322688/fashola-vs-akpabio-updated-projects/16

^^^^^^ Fashola marcilessly trashed Akpabio...

Sadly for you zero achievements and projects villagers, we have documented records to trash your hate, ignorance and bitterness with.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by delait: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mr praise singer allow the minister to do his job. I don't think he needs this your encomium. If you need contract or cheap popularity why not try another means. Fashola took an oath to serve,please dont distract him. Thanks
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by obailala(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
amagunnerfan:
What the writer and myself and many others are celebrating is the fact that there is work ongoing on projects that were abandoned under the last administrations and the ones before it.

No one is saying the work is part but we are appreciating the PROGRESS MADE so far. Is that too difficult to understand?

Can I ask you a question? When last was 5000 MW generated until the last administration?

Fashola is working only those who have sold their souls to the devil won't and can't see it.
My point is that we should be very careful how we start praising politicians too early..
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by tim1256(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
mikolo80:
o boy me be zombie o.
Na so I hia o say na just evil propaganda say light Don improve.
But until dry season before we know whether na permanent improvement or not.
If the guy no add even if na 2gw to the generating capacity, him fall my hand.
Cos I don't see him adding 5gw

I have being living in Kebbi for over a year and electricity has improved from 10 hours per day to 18 hours (I live in Badariyya, Birnin-Kebbi ) and my other place in Sokoto can boast of average of 17 hours per day.
Though some places have less and some have no light at all. Those that have less have transformer issues while those that have no light at all are the indigenes that believe everything should be free

1 Like

Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by aresa: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
obailala:
My point is that we should be very careful how we start praising politicians too early..

Recognizing and appreciating progress and positive changes is very different from praising.

And so be it even if it's praising, the fact that you don't and won't shouldn't mean other people can not. and should not.

It's a free country and It's not by force.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Darnyel: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
mikolo80:
because we want him to do the magic in power not roads

Power sector is the most intricate and complicated; it depends on a good number of factors. We need to be considerate. Give him a little more time.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by obailala(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
nyben4eva:

When you emulate a failed government, you're also bound to become a failure. Governance is a continuous process and neglecting Port Harcourt /Aba highway because Jonathan neglected it is a sure sign of bad leadership, aferall the past administration did lots of projects for the North just to buy them over.Why won't this present one reciprocate the gesture to the South South/South East.
So much for this convenient unverifiable excuse of GEJ doing plenty projects in the north. Apart from a couple of almajiri schools built, what exactly are these plenty projects in the north?... FYI, I'm not disputing that projects were done, I'm just curious to know what the projects are.

Regarding the PH-Enugu road, I wonder where you got the impression from that the road isnt going to be attended to.
Re: Fashola At Work: Why Is No One Talking? by Tolulope25(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Power supply in my area has tremendously improved over the past few month too(10-15hours), fashola is working.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ojeligbo Ayika Shares Photos Of Guns, To Attack Nigerian Politicians / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria / Dino Melaye: Jimoh Moshood Storms Hospital With 30 Armed Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.