Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode (795 Views)

Attack Me, Not Igbo, Sultan To Northern Youths / Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by johnpaulinweb: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
A speech delivered to the Christian Information Network Forum by Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, Jos, 10th September 2016

Blessed be the name of the Most High God, the God whose I am and the God whom I serve, blessed be His holy name forever.

Mr. Chairman, our Royal fathers, my Lords spiritual and temporal, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, all protocols observed.

Let me begin by thanking you for your invitation and for all your love. It is indeed a privilage and an honor for me to be here today and I am deeply humbled and touched.

I crave your indulgence to permit me to share a few things with you before I get to the main thrust of my speech in an attempt to explain precisely what my links with the northern minorities are and to show you why I can never leave you.

My home is in the north. I have lived here for the last 14 years of my life.

I know the history of the north, and indeed the history of every part of Nigeria, very well.

This is because I made a point of studying and researching that history over the last 35 years.

That is why I know and understand the mindset of, for example, the Fulani so well.

I know that they are not indigenous Nigerians like you and I but rather strangers and aliens that, approximately 211 years ago, came from a distant and desolate land called the Vulture Mountains in Futa Jalon, which is in modern-day Guniea.

It is because I know and say these things that some of them hate me so much and will do anything to stop, silence, discredit, destroy or even kill me.

Yet I know that I cannot die before my time or before work on earth is done and neither can I be destroyed because I am covered by the blood of Jesus.

Despite their obvious malice and evil intentions for me I do not hate them because we are compatriots. Hate is a corrosive and self-destructive quality: it wounds and ultimately destroys the hater far sooner and in a much more profound way than it does the object of his hate. I therefore choose to return their hatred with love.

It is not the Fulani that I hate but rather what they are doing to our people in Nigeria today and indeed what they have been doing to us over the last 211 years since they arrived in this country.

In any case we are all Nigerians, even though some of us came to these shores much sooner than others.

We must endeavour to live in love and peace with one another, including the Fulani, and that has always been my position.

Permit me to make a confession to you today: I actually have Fulani blood running through my veins because my great grandmother was a pure Fulani woman from Sokoto.

She married my maternal great grandfather, who was a Yoruba Muslim from Ilesha, and she moved to the southwest with him. How can I then hate myself?

more at http://www.thegistbaze.com/2016/09/heart-touching-speach-delivered-by-fani.html
Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by agwom(m): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
hmmm
Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by NameCheckers: 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
OK seen
Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by jimcomb(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
Alizwel
Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by ComrdDRS: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Northern Nigeria Minority have really suffered from the hands of foolanis especiallly the Tiv and Berom. The foolanis considered Tiv and Berom a threat to their demonic dominance and so must be sliced. Ah, We have been slapped from all angles. GOD REMEMBER UR CHILDREN. AMEN. FFK, MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.......

1 Like

Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by rusep: 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
While he was a Minister he has not remember this, is now that the EFCC is on his case that he remembers.
Instead of him 2 help them while he is in office, is now that he out of office that he want to help them. Hmmm politicians I salute u.
Re: Heart Touching Speech Delivered To Northern Minority By Fani Kayode by rusep: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
While he was a Minister he has not remember this, is now that the EFCC is on his case that he remembers.
Instead of him 2 help them while he is in office, is now that he is out of office that he want to help them. Hmmm politicians I salute u.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Bear With Buhari, Says Amosun / BREAKING: Senate Opposes Saraki, Says NO To Sale Of National Assets / Another Gallant Soldier Falls For His Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.