Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. (2262 Views)

How To Use Google Scientific Calculator Or Calculate With Google Search / Unsettling Scientific Facts, Theory And Hypotheses / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
A lot of people especially those in the Science World , see the Bible as an ancient book, that has no significant value in our present world.but is the Bible just an ancient Book? A carefull look at the Bible will show us that the Bible is far realiable than any other book ever published.A lot of Scientific facts were  authoratively Stated by the Bible ,thousands of years ago,even  before Science could find its feet. We will take a look at some of these facts.

1.Expanding Universe.
Scientists have discovered that the Universe is expanding, this was discovered by Edwin Hubble.
The Bible declears in Psalms  104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain, In Isaiah  42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein,
Isaiah40:22 that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in. Job  9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea. also mentioned in
Isaiah51:13,Isaiah45:12.
Note: In the Bible the Universe is referred to as the Heavens(plural).this Bible verses tells us that God is expanding(strecthes out) the Universe like a curtian. It is amazing how the Bible states this scientific  facts over 2000yrs ago before Man and Science  could even observe it .

2.The Shape of the Earth:For thousands of years man  could not describe the shape of the Earth with certianity.the Greeks,Egyptians,Romans all had different opinion of the shape of the earth.some thought it was flat,some said it was rectangular,but God inspired Isaiah to  know that the Earth was a Circle/Sphere. In Isaiah  40:22 says,
" It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers"Modern telescope and Space travel have proved that the Universe is a Circle/Sphere.the Bible stated this fact about 2000yrs ago when the Book of Isaiah was written,something Man and Science could not have known ,except in the last few years.

3. Water Cycle:This is the movement of water & water vapour in the earth. The Cloud acts as a reservior for storing water that evaporates as a vapour from rivers,lakes,tanks,plants.e.t.c when the cloud is saturated with water vapour and is cooled below its dewpoint the water vapour condenses into rain .long time ago(2000yrs ago) before Science and man, could understand  how  water cycle operates, Job was inspired  by God to mention it in the Bible. Job  36:27-28 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof,Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.
God talks about the Evaporation,distillation and condensation of vapour into water which is the watercycle(movement of water between the cloud and Earth)
When the cloud is saturated it releases the excess water vapour and absorbs more when it is less saturated(balancing)
Job37:16. Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?
Job  26:8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.

4.The  Earth in the Universe:
For thousand of years man could not explain , how the
Earth was balanced or supported in the Universe. for one to know  how the Earth  was supported in the Universe,one must have travelled out of Earth to Space.this was not possible until when Rockets and Space travel became possible in the last 100yrs.but the Bible written over 3000yrs, declears in Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
The Earth hangs on nothing in the Universe, this has been proved by Space travel,only God could have inspired job to know this,considering that Man could not travel to Space during the time of job.but could only do so , in the last 100yrs

5.Wind Cycle:Thousands of years before Man and Science  could understand the movement of the Earth,wind,temperature,Oceans,air pressures,and there effect on Weather and Seasons.the Bible states in  Ecclesiastes  1:6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.This Bible verse talks about wind Cycles.
Job  37:9 Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.
and Job  37:17 How thy garments are warm, when he quieteth the earth by the south wind?here God talks about, how the wind influences Seasons .all this have been proved by Geographers and weather forcaster(metrologists)

6.Equator,longitude & latitude:Before Man and Science could develop and understand the Geography of the Earth,and that the Earth was not irregular in Shape. The Bible declears in Job  38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? God asked Job if he knew the Measurements and Co-ordinates of the Earth, thousands of years before man could have the capacity to know about the Equator and how to measure the Earth.
Today Geographers reley on  measurements like (equator,Longitude,Latitude,Earth Diameter,e.t.c  inorder to locate places and time on Earth).

7.Ordinances(Laws) of Heaven: Scientists have observed that the planets are orderly situated and each rotates around the Sun on its Axis.it has also been proved that the motion of the planets around the Sun,aswell as the rising and falling of the Sun and Moon are orderly.
The universe is neither haphazard nor arbitrary; nature conforms to logical, mathematical relationships (Laws or Ordinance) set in place by the Lord. This was expressed in the Bible
In Jeremiah  33:25 Thus saith the LORD; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
Job 38:33   Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? and also in  Jeremiah 31:35   Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name.
It was only during the advent of powerfull telescope and Space travel ,that man was able to discovers planets,stars,galaxies and the laws of the Universe,something the Bible stated thousands of years ago.

8.Genetically Inherited Characteristics:
In the early 1800s, the French naturalist Jean
Baptiste de Lamarck proposed the hypothesis
of the "inheritance of acquired
characteristics," in which it was suggested that animals could (by exercise, diet,grooming, etc.) develop certain traits in their
bodily structures, which as a result would then be passed on to their offspring. Lamarck
gave as an example, the giraffe, which supposedly stretched its neck upward to get food, and after many generations of
stretching this resulted in offspring which were born with longer necks.
This hypothesis has since been proven wrong,
because the body cells (somatic cells) in an animal do not pass on any such developmental changes to the sexual reproductive cells (germ cells; sperm and
eggs). We now know that it is the germ cells which pass on the inherited characteristics to
the offspring, including any potential to develop under various conditions.
It is thus quite fascinating, that in Genesis 30 Jacob did the same mistake Lamarck did.He tried to produce spotted and sparked goats by putting a white and dark streaked rod in front of the eyes of the animals while they were breeding or mating he thought this  will lead to them giving birth to sparked or spotted goats,but God Showed Jacob in a dream the accurate genetic method.Genesis31:10 "In the breeding season of the flock I lifted up my eyes and saw in a dream that the male goats that were mating with the flock
were striped, spotted and mottled. Then the
angel of God said to me in the dream,'Jacob,' and I said, 'here I am!' And he said,'Lift up your eyes and see that all the male
goats which are mating with the flock are striped, spotted and mottled, for I have seen
all that Laban has been doing to you."
---With this statement, God makes it clear in
Genesis that it is not what the parent might see while mating, but it is the genetically-
produced appearance of the coat of the parent which affects the appearance of the
coats of the offspring... even though spotted
goats were previously removed (which Laban did in order to "double-cross" Jacob), the
genetics of the spotted males (who actually did the mating) is passed on to the young.
Although this accurate assessment of the situation was revealed to Jacob in about
1500 BC, these genetic laws were not understood by scientists until thousands of
years later.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by freesinzu(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
grin
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 9:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
9.Vision of Birds of Prey
It had long been thought by generations of
scientists that birds of prey (such as eagles
and falcons) located their prey by means of
an acute sense of smell, however it has since
then been discovered that such birds actually
have a very poor sense of smell. Instead,
ornithologists have determined that such
birds have remarkable vision capabilities. In
fact, it has been discovered that while some
such birds are diving to catch their prey, the
shape of the cornea varies during the
descent, enabling it to maintain a perfect
focus. In about 1500 BC, Job 28:7 makes
note of the falcon's excellent vision, and in
Job 39:27-29 it states that the eagle looks
down from an inaccessible cliff, and spies out its prey "from afar."

10. Size of the Universe:The Universe is so high and big,that Scientists do not know the Exact Size or Shape.according to Scientists what we see and study is a small fraction of the entire Universe called the Observable Universe. This fact was known only in the last 150yrs when Space orbirting and Space telescope technology was invented.but the Bible declears in Jeremiah  31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.also in
2 Chronicles  2:6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him? and Isaiah  55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. This Bible verses express that the Heavens(Universe) is too big and unmeasurable.

11.Number of Stars: in 161-126BC,Hiparchus counted the no. of  the Stars of Heavens and put the number at 1080Stars,later ptolemy predicted them to be 1056,this figures were widely accepted as been fairly accurate. When telescope was invented Man discovered that Stars were countless.this has already been stated by prophet Jeremiah.
In the book of Jeremiah 33:22   "As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me"
Jeremiah did not guess but accurately stated that the Stars of Heavens were countless like the  sand of the Sea.

In Conclusion.
There are many more examples and incidents; but due to space and time constrain .i would not be able to write all of them.
This  Scientific facts in the Bible, confirm that only God who is Ominipotent and OminiScience,inspired the writing of the Bible.it also Shows that the study of Science is meant  to reveal God's intelligent design and Creative ability ,Hence  to draw us close to God,  it has never been in Conflict with Christainity, contrary to the propangander spread by Athiests.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
I
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 12, 2016
All of these are ambiguous texts crafted to suit your nefarious purposes. I would pick them apart for fun but I have a more fun thing to do. Kindly explain:

1: Why the bible does not agree with the big bang theory when if it agrees with an expanding universe, a big bang logically follows?

2: Why are humans not made of sand as the bible describes them to be? and why do they not return to sand when they die like the bible says they will?

3: What race was Adam and Eve and where did the other races come from according to the bible, since evolution isn't a thing?

4: The stars in the universe can actually be counted. And not to mention the visible stars in the sky. Which are ridiculously easy to count. What does the bible say about this?

5: Can you give me a scientific statement on dark matter RIGHT now that will check out when physicists figure it out?

6: How do viruses fit into all this?

7: How exactly can a circle be equated to a sphere? is a frisbee and a basketball the same shape?

8. The book of Ecclesiastes was written less than three thousand years ago. Sails on the other hand, were invented three hundred years earlier. so in other words, mankind had a already pretty firm grasp on the behavior of the wind. rendering point 3 pointless.

Interestingly, the water cycle point is actually correct. The Hebrews were the first ones to describe the water cycle. But then the hindi were the first ones to point out the role of the sun in the entire process.

So should I just become hindu now or what?

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
Amory:
IMPRESSIVE
Thanks.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Teempakguy:
All of these are ambiguous texts crafted to suit your nefarious purposes. I would pick them apart for fun but I have a more fun thing to do. Kindly explain:

1: Why the bible does not agree with the big bang theory when if it agrees with an expanding universe, a big bang logically follows?

2: Why are humans not made of sand as the bible describes them to be? and why do they not return to sand when they die like the bible says they will?

3: What race was Adam and Eve and where did the other races come from according to the bible, since evolution isn't a thing?

4: The stars in the universe can actually be counted. And not to mention the visible stars in the sky. Which are ridiculously easy to count. What does the bible say about this?

5: Can you give me a scientific statement on dark matter RIGHT now that will check out when physicists figure it out?

7: How exactly can a circle be equated to a sphere? is a frisbee and a basketball the same shape?

8. The book of Ecclesiastes was written less than three thousand years ago. Sails on the other hand, were invented three hundred years earlier. so in other words, mankind had a already pretty firm grasp on the behavior of the wind. rendering point 3 pointless.

Interestingly, the water cycle point is actually correct. The Hebrews were the first ones to describe the water cycle. But then the hindi were the first ones to point out the role of the sun in the entire process.

Clown. so how many are the Stars of the Universe?

Secondly the Bible is not a Science Book? the purpose of the Bible is to guide Man to his maker( God). and not to explain every detials about the Universe
.God is too big to answer all your stupid
questions.
Scondly Science is an area of study just like
humanities,Social Sciences and other
proffessions. using Science as the yard stick to
prove if God exists or not. is like a fool using
Economics to understand and treat Malaria. they are two different fields that cannot be rationalized in labs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown. so how many are the Stars of the Universe?

Secondly the Bible is not a Science Book? the purpose of the Bible is to guide Man to his maker( God). and not to explain every detials about the Universe
.God is too big to answer all your stupid
questions.
Scondly Science is an area of study just like
humanities,Social Sciences and other
proffessions. using Science as the yard stick to
prove if God exists or not. is like a fool using
Economics to understand and treat Malaria. they are two different fields that cannot be rationalized in labs.
Look at this guy sha. After opening a thread to explain exactly how and why science proves that God exists, When he's called out, quickly claims that whoever connects science to religion is a fool. Inadvertently calling himself one.

of course, that's after he claims the bible is not a science textbook on the very thread he created to show just how much of a "science textbook" the bible is.

I can't take you seriously if you keep behaving like this, man. get your logic under control!

BTW, Economics can be used to understand and treat malaria. After all, every drug developed to combat the disease have economic effects.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 16, 2016
blueAgent:

Note: In the Bible the Universe is referred to as the Heavens(plural).this Bible verses tells us that God is expanding(strecthes out) the Universe like a curtian. It is amazing how the Bible states this scientific  facts over 2000yrs ago before Man and Science  could even observe it .

I didn't want to comment but I felt I should guide seekers of knowledge who might read this thread in the future.... The bible did NOT refer to the universe as the heavens!
If you read through Gen 1:8 you will see this: "And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day." (NKJV)
Verse 9 said " Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear" (NKJV)

So from verse 9 you are saying, the bible meant "let the waters under the UNIVERSE...."? that doesn't make any sense bro!

The holy spirit, writing through 'Moses', did not know there were other planets outside the earth so he wouldn't have known anything about the UNIVERSE!

I had a certificate in theology before I became an atheist so don't mislead naive minds please....good night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
Teempakguy:
Look at this guy sha. After opening a thread to explain exactly how and why science proves that God exists, When he's called out, quickly claims that whoever connects science to religion is a fool. Inadvertently calling himself one.

of course, that's after he claims the bible is not a science textbook on the very thread he created to show just how much of a "science textbook" the bible is.

I can't take you seriously if you keep behaving like this, man. get your logic under control!

BTW, Economics can be used to understand and treat malaria. After all, every drug developed to combat the disease have economic effects.

your Ingnorance is Epic. the purpose of this article was not to prove that the Bible is a Science book or that it can be used to subsitute Science books, NO. the purpose is to show that God inspired the Bible and only God could have inspired those who wrote those facts to know them considering how long it took science to know this Scientific facts.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigayoyo:

I didn't want to comment but I felt I should guide seekers of knowledge who might read this thread in the future.... The bible did NOT refer to the universe as the heavens!
If you read through Gen 1:8 you will see this: "And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day." (NKJV)
Verse 9 said " Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear" (NKJV)

So from verse 9 you are saying, the bible meant "let the waters under the UNIVERSE...."? that doesn't make any sense bro!

The holy spirit, writing through 'Moses', did not know there were other planets outside the earth so he wouldn't have known anything about the UNIVERSE!

I had a certificate in theology before I became an atheist so don't mislead naive minds please....good night

Another Clown. you just pick one verse to support your little argurement.
The same Bible refers to Heavens of Heaven.

Deuteronomy 10:14
…13and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good? 14"Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it. 15"Yet on your fathers did the
LORD set His affection to love them, and He
chose their descendants after them, even you
above all peoples, as it is this day.…

I guess that's why u left theology it is too diffcult for you and your little ego to understand
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
blueAgent:

Another Clown. you just pick one verse to support your little argurement.
The same Bible refers to Heavens of Heaven.

Deuteronomy 10:14
…13and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good? 14"Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it. 15"Yet on your fathers did the
LORD set His affection to love them, and He
chose their descendants after them, even you
above all peoples, as it is this day.…

I guess that's why u left theology it is too diffcult for you and your little ego to understand

Didn't you see me cite 2 verses? verses 8 and 9 of Genesis chapter 1! Also, in verse 10, "And God called the dry land Earth..." So anytime you see earth in your damn bible it simply refers to the dry land! seems your bible is too contradictory for you .

Deut 10:14 also referred to the heavens as the firmament! or how would you say the highest heavens were referring to the other planets that make up the universe? The highest there would mean the planet earth was relatively lower in height, right? cheesy Now to think of that would be soooo dumb! It would take someone with an IQ of the first single number after a decimal point to think like that!

So I say that verse 14 was still referring to the highest firmament or the highest sky!

This is too early in the morning to start arguing with you....now lemme do some science and I'll be back!
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigayoyo:

Didn't you see me cite 2 verses? verses 8 and 9 of Genesis chapter 1! Also, in verse 10, "And God called the dry land Earth..." So anytime you see earth in your damn bible it simply refers to the dry land! seems your bible is too contradictory for you .

Deut 10:14 also referred to the heavens as the firmament! or how would you say the highest heavens were referring to the other planets that make up the universe? The highest there would mean the planet earth was relatively lower in height, right? cheesy Now to think of that would be soooo dumb! It would take someone with an IQ of the first single number after a decimal point to think like that!

So I say that verse 14 was still referring to the highest firmament or the highest sky!

This is too early in the morning to start arguing with you....now lemme do some science and I'll be back!

Are you Dumb? the Heaven in Genesis refers to the cloud and atmosphere in our Planet (Earth) when the Heavens are used in another context that is not referring to the Earth. it means the Entire Universe.

2 Chronicles 2:6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 17, 2016
blueAgent:

Are you Dumb? the Heaven in Genesis refers to the cloud and atmosphere in our Planet (Earth) when the Heavens are used in another context that is not referring to the Earth. it means the Entire Universe.

2 Chronicles 2:6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

No, I'm not dumb!.....The bible in Genesis explicitly refers to the Heavens as firmament as I had quoted Gen 1:9 in one of my replies above. Bro, the bible should be read in chronological order, you don't just start reading the bible from Exodus, otherwise you wouldn't know what brought the children of Israel into Egypt! Likewise you don't start reading the new testament, otherwise you wouldn't know about the 400 years of silence between Malachi and Matthew and what prophecy had went ahead of the birth of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach!

There is no explicit mention of the existence of other planets in the bible! Apologetics only interpret heavens to mean the universe, which is outright wrong!The truth is that the bible can be used to support ANY action of man, whether good or bad! So what men do is that they interpret the bible to support their bald claims!

For example, The same way you would say Yeshua is coming back again when it is clearly written, without ambiguity, in the bible that there will be no rapture and Yeshua ain't coming back! You doubt that? then go ahead and read Matt 24: 3-34...take note of verse 34 where It says " this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" but the sad thing is you still have people proving his second coming is imminent! you say it's just a verse I've quoted?.......

okay now go to Luke 21:7-32...also take note of verse 32 where he was referring to the generation of his listeners NOT the generation of this 21st century!

So you see the crappiness of the bible? ....In fact, in Matt 24: 29 where Yeshua says "...and the stars shall fall from heaven" shocked shocked are there stars in the firmament? Hell NO! stars are not in the clouds! They are light years away from the planet earth! Now don't tell me the heaven he meant there was heavens because all translations I had read said "heaven"! Even Jesus never knew there were other planets outside the earth! Using my rational mind to study the bible was the first thing that drew me away from the imaginary Jesus.

In fact, I've got lots of things to write about the bible....I just hope you will also sit down and think about the authenticity of the bible...however, the only way to be convinced is by studying the bible with an unbiased mind, putting aside everything you may have been told by pastors and family while growing up.
Wish you the best on this planet.

I'm done with this thread!
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2016
Nigayoyo:

No, I'm not dumb!.....The bible in Genesis explicitly refers to the Heavens as firmament as I had quoted Gen 1:9 in one of my replies above. Bro, the bible should be read in chronological order, you don't just start reading the bible from Exodus, otherwise you wouldn't know what brought the children of Israel into Egypt! Likewise you don't start reading the new testament, otherwise you wouldn't know about the 400 years of silence between Malachi and Matthew and what prophecy had went ahead of the birth of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach!

There is no explicit mention of the existence of other planets in the bible! Apologetics only interpret heavens to mean the universe, which is outright wrong!The truth is that the bible can be used to support ANY action of man, whether good or bad! So what men do is that they interpret the bible to support their bald claims!

For example, The same way you would say Yeshua is coming back again when it is clearly written, without ambiguity, in the bible that there will be no rapture and Yeshua ain't coming back! You doubt that? then go ahead and read Matt 24: 3-34...take note of verse 34 where It says " this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled" but the sad thing is you still have people proving his second coming is imminent! you say it's just a verse I've quoted?.......

okay now go to Luke 21:7-32...also take note of verse 32 where he was referring to the generation of his listeners NOT the generation of this 21st century!

So you see the crappiness of the bible? ....In fact, in Matt 24: 29 where Yeshua says "...and the stars shall fall from heaven" shocked shocked are there stars in the firmament? Hell NO! stars are not in the clouds! They are light years away from the planet earth! Now don't tell me the heaven he meant there was heavens because all translations I had read said "heaven"! Even Jesus never knew there were other planets outside the earth! Using my rational mind to study the bible was the first thing that drew me away from the imaginary Jesus.

In fact, I've got lots of things to write about the bible....I just hope you will also sit down and think about the authenticity of the bible...however, the only way to be convinced is by studying the bible with an unbiased mind, putting aside everything you may have been told by pastors and family while growing up.
Wish you the best on this planet.

I'm done with this thread!

You are making an argument were their is none.

How many heavens are there and what is the
third heaven Paul speaks of in 2 Corinthians
12:
The Hebrew word for “heavens” is shamayim, it is
in a plural form, meaning “heights,” “elevations.”
It is found in the first verse of the Bible (Genesis
1:1; 2:1). The Bible teaches in the beginning God
created the heavens and the earth, he did not
make another heaven after this time. The phrase
“heavens and earth” are used to indicate the
whole universe (Genesis 1:1; Jeremiah 23:24;
Acts 17:24). According to the Jewish tradition
from the Bible there were three heavens. All are
attributed to God as the creator. Psalm 102:25
“Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, and
the heavens are the work of Your hands.”
There are several other words used in the
Hebrew, the word marom is also used (Psalms
68:18; 93:4; 102:19, etc.) as equivalent to
shamayim. Hebrew galgal, literally a “wheel,” is
rendered “heaven” in Psalms 77:18 (RSV,
“whirlwind”). Hebrew shahak, is translated
“sky” (Deuteronomy 33:26; Job 37:18; Psalms
18:11), plural “clouds” (Job 35:5; 36:28; Psalms
68:34, “heavens”), referring to the firmament.
The Bible speaks of three heavens not 7 and these
are not dimensions). The first being our
immediate atmosphere, the second is outer space
as far as it stretches, and the third is the place
where God himself dwells. What Jesus called the
“Father's house.”
First heaven - The firmament, Earths Atmosphere
-which is the immediate sky, where the “fowls of
the heaven” (Genesis 2:19; 7:3,23; Psalms 8:8,
etc.), “the eagles of heaven” (Lamentations 4:19),
it is our atmosphere that surrounds the earth.
Gen 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in
the firmament of the heavens to divide the day
from the night.” The first heaven consists of the
clouds and the atmosphere, the heavens above
us, until we come to the stars.
Psalms 78: 23-23 “Yet He had commanded the
clouds above, and opened the doors of heaven,
had rained down manna on them to eat, and
given them of the bread of heaven.”
The expression doors of heaven or windows of
heaven involved the firmament, our atmosphere.
Descriptions used of this heaven is from where
God would provide food or rain. Genesis
7:11-12: “the windows of heaven were opened.
And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty
nights.” Genesis 8:2: “The fountains of the deep
and the windows of heaven were also stopped,
and the rain from heaven was restrained” Malachi
3:10 Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open
for you the windows of heaven And pour out for
you such blessing That there will not be room
enough to receive it.” In reference to an abundant
harvest of crops.“
(Deuteronomy 11:17 “Then the LORD's anger will
burn against you, and he will shut the heavens so
that it will not rain and the ground will yield no
produce....” Deuteronomy 28:12: “The LORD will
open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty,
to send rain on your land in season and to bless
all the work of your hands.”
Second Heaven - Outer Space, the starry heavens
(Deuteronomy 17:3; Jeremiah 8:2; Matthew
24:29).
The second heaven is the starry heavens, where
our atmosphere ends. It is the heavens in which
the sun, moon, and stars are fixed in orbit. The
stars are seemingly endless and the distance
between all of them is staggering no wonder the
Bible states Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the
glory of God; and the firmament shows His
handiwork.” In ancient times people were in awe
of the starry expanse, today we know how
immense this really is.
The firmament, or expanse, raqiya` “In which the
sun, moon, stars, and constellations are fixed.”
Genesis 1:17: And God placed them in the
Firmament of heaven. Isaiah 40:22: He stretcheth
out the heavens as a CURTAIN, and spreadeth
them out as a tent to dwell in.”
(Psalm 19:4,6) - “In the heavens he has pitched a
tent for the sun... It rises at one end of the
heavens and makes its circuit to the
other;...” (Jeremiah 8:2) - They will be exposed to
the sun and the moon and all the stars of the
heavens which they have loved and served....”
Third Heaven - This is where God and the holy
angels (and creatures) and spirits of just men
dwell. It is called “The heaven of
heavens,” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27;
Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - “The
heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain
you.” (Psalm 2:4) The One enthroned in heaven
laughs; The LORD scoffs at them.”
The third heaven is beyond the space and stars.
Where no man has seen by telescope. This
heaven is the dwelling-place of God, to which
Paul was taken, and whose wonders he was
permitted to behold-this region where God
dwells.
It is specifically named “the third heaven” by Paul
in 2 Cor.12:2. Paul mentions being caught up to
paradise in 2 Corinthians 12:4 the word
“paradise” describes a different facet of “the third
heaven.”
“2 Corinthians 12:4 The word “paradise”
paradeisos (NT:3808) occurs but three times in
the New Testament; Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians
12:4; Revelation 2:7. It occurs often in the
Septuagint, as the translation of the word garden;
Genesis 2:8-10,15-16; 3:1-3,8,16,23-24; 13:10;
Numbers 24:6; Isaiah 51:3; Ezekiel 28:13; 31:8-9;
Joel 2:3. And also Isaiah 1:30; Jeremiah 29:5;
and of the word pardeec (OT:6508) in Nehemiah
2:8; Ecclesiastes 2:5; Song of Solomon
2:13” (from Barnes' Notes).
Heb 4:14 “Seeing then that we have a great High
Priest who has passed through the heavens,
(Jesus ascended to the place he was before he
became man) Heb. 7:26 “For such a High Priest
was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless,
undefiled, separate from sinners, and has
become higher than the heavens” meaning he is
more important than the dwelling place of God
and angels. Heb 8:1 As our high Priest, he “is
seated at the right hand of the throne of the
Majesty in the heavens.”
The word “heavens” is also used for visions or a
spiritual event. Stephen said, “Look! I see the
heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at
the right hand of God!” (Acts 7:56) Mark 1:10
When Jesus was baptized “He saw the heavens
parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a
dove.”
The term heaven is used in a metaphor Isaiah
14:13,14; “doors of heaven” (Psalms 78:23);
heaven “shut” (1 Kings 8:35); “opened” (Ezekiel
1:1). (The “kingdom of heaven” (Mt.25:1; Jms 2:5)
. The “eternal kingdom” (2 Pt.1:11).The “eternal
inheritance” (1 Pt.1:4; Hebrews 9:15). The “better
country” (Hebrews 11:14, 16).
Heaven is the abode of the righteous who are in possession of “everlasting life,” “an eterna

1 Like

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 18, 2016
blueAgent:

your Ingnorance is Epic. the purpose of this article was not to prove that the Bible is a Science book or that it can be used to subsitute Science books, NO. the purpose is to show that God inspired the Bible and only God could have inspired those who wrote those facts to know them considering how long it took science to know this Scientific facts.
This is no big deal. the Koran also contains cool and amazing scientific facts. If you of course twist random words properly and that's not even the only religion with cool things like that.

what different thing does your bible have to offer?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by samsard(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Teempakguy:
This is no big deal. the Koran also contains cool and amazing scientific facts. If you of course twist random words properly and that's not even the only religion with cool things like that.

you've gone from atheist to anti-theist or more specifically anti-christ(ian). Funny enough, you go to church in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Teempakguy:

Show me were in the Koran.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
samsard:
you've gone from atheist to anti-theist or more specifically anti-christ(ian). Funny enough, you go to church in the real world.
Sorry if I seem like that. I actually like Christianity. I'm probably one of the most pro-christian Atheists here.

I was just trying to point out to him that his argument that bible predictions predate science means that the bible is correct is not necessarily true by pointing out that even the Koran can lay claim to similar argument.

If it makes you feel better, know I'd quote this thread to counter a Muslim who tries to use a similar argument. grin
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by tosyne2much(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
If One does not have a right standing with God, one can be forced to believe that God ever exist with the comments I have read so far
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 4:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Teempakguy:
Sorry if I seem like that. I actually like Christianity. I'm probably one of the most pro-christian Atheists here.

I was just trying to point out to him that his argument that bible predictions predate science means that the bible is correct is not necessarily true by pointing out that even the Koran can lay claim to similar argument.

If it makes you feel better, know I'd quote this thread to counter a Muslim who tries to use a similar argument. grin

You should have known that muslims copied most things from the Bible.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 24, 2016
blueAgent:

You should have known that muslims copied most things from the Bible.
Including the fact that humans are made from water?

quran 21:30

the human body is more than 70%. There is also scientific speculation that life originated from either an organic soup or from hydro thermal vents. Which ever way you think of it, that verse is damn scientific. The bible claims humans were made from dust. It also claims that plants were created before the sun.

Anyway . . . before I over-rant. the bible is also partly copied text. The story of Noah, for example, didn't originate from the bible.
Go ahead and make a case for "mere co-incidence"

I'm waiting. kiss
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 5:20am On Sep 24, 2016
Teempakguy:
Including the fact that humans are made from water?

quran 21:30

the human body is more than 70%. There is also scientific speculation that life originated from either an organic soup or from hydro thermal vents. Which ever way you think of it, that verse is damn scientific. The bible claims humans were made from dust. It also claims that plants were created before the sun.

Anyway . . . before I over-rant. the bible is also partly copied text. The story of Noah, example, didn't originate from the bible.
Go ahead and make a case for "mere co-incidence"

I'm waiting. kiss

How does this prove anything? Is the Bible a Science book? do you read about the origin of life in Economics Book?

Secondly Noah Story has no bases if not from the Bible. it has been distored by other religons for the purpose of confusing gulliable people like you.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 24, 2016
blueAgent:

How does this prove anything? Is the Bible a Science book? do you read about the origin of life in Economics Book?

Secondly Noah Story has no bases if not from the Bible. it has been distored by other religons for the purpose of confusing gulliable people like you.
Hey, I found this epic definition of the word in bold.

gulliable
adj. A failed attempt at gullible, which only serves to show the speaker's idiocy and failure to comprehend the complexities of the English language.

I swear I didn't write that. cheesy

@the reddened portion.

First, I want you to understand that I have nothing against your religion. I've learned that religion is more of a supply and demand of hope and so I've learned to tolerate people who buy into it.
However, what I will NEVER tolerate, is people feeling on top of the world when they've got no sense of logic whatsoever. (and hey, this includes me . . . If I'm spotted making logically flawed arguments like this, I demanded to be called out.)

an economics textbook is advertised to provide carefully structured information on economics that has been accumulated till date. Based on this advertisement, you'd recognize a failed economic textbook if it said something like: "If the price of a product increases, then consumers will demand more for it" because in real life, that doesn't make sense. It's just plain wrong.

how is the bible advertised?

Well, as we both know, the bible is a religious text. and religious texts advertise themselves as a way for gods to communicate. The bible takes this even further. It claims that it is true, every word in it is true and is from the almighty.

Ok, then we shall just check one of the statements made in this book, right? enter . . .

"For you were made from dust . . . and to dust you will return" two statements that firstly make no sense at all and secondly, are plain wrong.

If every single statement in the bible is true, then why are these two wrong? or is the statement applying to Adam and Eve only? because that would be very convenient. cheesy

It doesn't matter if the bible is a science book or not. What I'm saying right now is, even what the bible claims itself to be, it is not. Why?
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by megaphantom(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
Teempakguy:

my broda, whether you like it or yes, science is the physical application ov spiritual principles...

1 Like

Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
megaphantom:
my broda, whether you like it or yes, science is the physical application ov spiritual principles...
Yeah . . . I'm sure it is . . .
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 3:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Teempakguy:
Hey, I found this epic definition of the word in bold.

gulliable
adj. A failed attempt at gullible, which only serves to show the speaker's idiocy and failure to comprehend the complexities of the English language.

I swear I didn't write that. cheesy

@the reddened portion.

First, I want you to understand that I have nothing against your religion. I've learned that religion is more of a supply and demand of hope and so I've learned to tolerate people who buy into it.
However, what I will NEVER tolerate, is people feeling on top of the world when they've got no sense of logic whatsoever. (and hey, this includes me . . . If I'm spotted making logically flawed arguments like this, I demanded to be called out.)

an economics textbook is advertised to provide carefully structured information on economics that has been accumulated till date. Based on this advertisement, you'd recognize a failed economic textbook if it said something like: "If the price of a product increases, then consumers will demand more for it" because in real life, that doesn't make sense. It's just plain wrong.

how is the bible advertised?

Well, as we both know, the bible is a religious text. and religious texts advertise themselves as a way for gods to communicate. The bible takes this even further. It claims that it is true, every word in it is true and is from the almighty.

Ok, then we shall just check one of the statements made in this book, right? enter . . .

"For you were made from dust . . . and to dust you will return" two statements that firstly make no sense at all and secondly, are plain wrong.

If every single statement in the bible is true, then why are these two wrong? or is the statement applying to Adam and Eve only? because that would be very convenient. cheesy

It doesn't matter if the bible is a science book or not. What I'm saying right now is, even what the bible claims itself to be, it is not. Why?

Are you that Naive and immature to understand what to dust you will return.
Ok just go and digg any grave and find out what you are looking for.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
blueAgent:

Are you that Naive and immature to understand what to dust you will return.
Ok just go and digg any grave and find out what you are looking for.
are you being like this on purpose? You want to tell me you don't know what actually happens to humans when they die?

Here is a more accurate version of that outdated verse.

For from single cells you have come. And INTO single cells you shall return.

Let's adjust for lack of education and ignorance that existed at the time.

For from the smallest units of my breath of life you have come. And INTO those units, you shall return.

this is a ridiculous argument. I clearly have too much free time. angry angry
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
Teempakguy:
are you being like this on purpose? You want to tell me you don't know what actually happens to humans when they die?

For from the smallest units of my breath of life you have come. And INTO those units, you shall return.

So Humans are supposed to decay into Ape first since they Evolued from Apes?.
Re: Scientific Facts Expressed By The Bible,long Before Science Knew Them. by blueAgent(m): 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Teempakguy:

For from the smallest units of my breath of

life you have come. And INTO those units, you shall return.

If we fellow this your logic .than Man is to decay first into Ape.since he Evolued from Ape

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of All Mobile Banking USSD Codes In Nigeria / 10 Things You Can Do With Coca-cola You Probably Didn’t Know / Nigeria Answer To Google Search Engine: Nintag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.