Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? (532 Views)

Mount Sinai Of The Bible Is In Saudi Arabia / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 6:53am On Sep 11, 2016
What is the believer’s rule of life? By what rule
should I live? How is the Christian life to be lived? What rule should I follow and what should be my focus? How should I walk as a believer? What is the key to living the Christian life?What must I do to live a life that is pleasing to God? How can I live a holy life? " For this is the will of God, even your sanctification" (1 Thess. 4:3)

Some people say that the believer’s rule of life is the LAW. When they say "LAW" they are thinking especially of God’s moral law as set forth in the Ten Commandments. How am I to live? Their answer would be this: "I am to live by God’s law. I am to live by the Ten Commandments. This is my rule of life. The key to living the Christian life and the key to walking in holiness is to strive to obey God’s holy law, especially the Ten Commandments, which the Lord Jesus summed up in two great commandments: to love God with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself." Compare Matthew 22:36-40.

This all sounds good, but the problem is simply
this: The more we try to keep God’s holy law,
the more we FAIL. Even as regenerate believers we cannot, of ourselves, measure up to God’s perfect standard of righteousness. The problem is not with the law because "the law is holy,and the commandment holy, and just, and
good" (Romans 7:12). The problem is with the
believer: "For I know that in me (that is, in my
flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is
present with me; BUT HOW TO PERFORM THAT WHICH IS GOOG I FIND NOT " (Romans 7:18).

This is similar to the problem the Israelites had
when they first were given God’s holy law. Their response to the commandments was as follows: "All that the LORD hath spoken we will do." They were sincere in their desire to obey but as we know they failed miserably to keep God’s commandments. They did not understand their own weakness.

Where does a person need to go to find God’s
rule for living the Christian life?
some people will point to Mount Sinai, the place where Moses received the law from God. They would say, "Mount Sinai is where you need to go. Mount Sinai is where you will find the key to living the Christian life."

The truth is that mount sinai cannot save a person, mount sinai can only condemn you. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" (Romans 3:20), Mount Sinai serves a very useful purpose in showing a person his sin and showing him that he is condemned before a
holy God. Mount sinai contras our Righteousness and How we were unable to meet God perfect Holiness. The law can never justify. It can only show a person how UNJUST and UNRIGHTEOUS he really is. The law is God’s MIRROR that shows a person his true CONDITION.

To find the believer’s rule of life you must go
NOT to Mount Sinai, but to Mount Calvary.
Mount Sinai is powerless to justify a person and Mount Sinai is also powerless to sanctify a
person. Mount calvery is were The WORK of OUR salvation is DONE, Someone has ALREADY WORK it for us, We are not working, We are resting on the finish work of ANOTHER.
Thus we are to walk not according to any legal
code, but according to THE NEW CREATURE
RULE (Gal. 6:15-16). We are new creatures in
Christ by the grace of God and totally apart from any works of the law
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 7:27am On Sep 11, 2016
Cc lalasticala
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
Cc lalasticala
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 9:18am On Apr 16, 2017
malvisguy212:
Cc lalasticala
He is risen.
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 16, 2017
Another one grin Another confusion grin
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2018
malvisguy212:
He is risen.
Re: What Is The Key To Live A Christian Life ? Mount Sinai Or Mount Calvery ? by malvisguy212: 5:59am On Apr 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
Cc lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Help Me With The Real Illuminati Official Wedsite? / Is The Sin Against The Body(mortal Sin)is Forgiveable? / 4 Things About Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.