Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? (1483 Views)

I Will Help You Get Buyers For Your Old Phones Or Laptops / How To Recover Any Deleted Photos, Files Or Doc On Andriod Phones Or Tablets / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Fgollado: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2016
Honestly there are officially more mobile devices than people in the world. No other technology has impacted us like the mobile phone. It's the fastest growing man made phenomenon ever.

I noticed that i have never met a Nigerian that doesn't have two phones, (abi una don see?) it's either an Iphone and a small nokia torchlight to go with it..

Now people have these devices for different reasons, i have a friend that has 4 devices and i'm like how can someone manage 4 phones?? He told me he spends a lot of time on the phone, likes taking calls on his Samsung while reading emails on his BlackBerry, snapchat's on his Iphone and then the fourth one for his paroles. If he loses one phone, he can call it with the other. "If one battery dies, he has an actual working phone as well," he says.

I am totally a two phone person, i hated the idea until i realized my battery always went out before i returned home from either work or hanging out with friends.

Imagine how painful it is to be at a cool spot and your battery dies and then everyone is on snapchat but not you...After the torture i just had to get another device.

So now i have a Samsung and a Tecno L8..since i know that the Tecno L8's battery lasts long i shared the responsibility between my two phones..i use the Samsung for snapchat only and the Tecno L8 for work related events like read emails, Whatsapp, bbm e.t.c That way you don't miss out on anything.

So my point is, having two phones is a necessary evil, it's still not easy to manage.And even though people have these devices for some very weird reasons like not wanting their spouse to find out they are cheating..It is very important to have more than one device.

Anyway there is the question of how best to carry two phones or more..How best do you manage your devices and what reasons do you have them for

Leave comments tongue
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2016
I have two phones; a BlackBerry Q5 and a Nokia torch-light.

The BlackBerry has my private line, I almost never take or make calls with it, it's chiefly for connection to the internet and mobile applications (I'm not a social media freak). It also serves as a hotspot for my Laptop which I use to work (I hate modem!).

The Nokia torch-light is mainly for calls and playing Snake Xenxia, the strong battery life makes my lines reachable 24/7.

With just a power bank, they're both easy to maintain since I'm not crazy about being online for social media, it's mainly work and average fun.
smiley
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by ehnok(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2016
Nokia Torchlight...No.1 Backup fone in Nigeria since Smartphones
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by kajoula(m): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2016
1. Network instability (readability)
2. Cheap calls (call zone)
3. Partake in every network promo Ad
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2016
I'm confused here, what devices do you use for these purposes and how many do you have..nawa
kajoula:
1. Network instability (readability)
2. Cheap calls (call zone)
3. Partake in every network promo Ad
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2016
I remember one time i had two seperate devices because i had an insecure bf..sometimes its just better to hide d other when i'm with him..Now i have two devices..a Tecno and a blackberry..i use the Tecno for work emails etc..ders not so much blackberry can do these days..so i only use d bb for calls..heard dey r even leaving whatsapp soon...dunno how true that is.
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2016
I swear it never disappoints
ehnok:
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Fgollado: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2016
been saving Nigerians since forever
ehnok:
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Fgollado: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2016
Ehen because of man, u had two phones welldone
Tania1:
I remember one time i had two seperate devices because i had an insecure bf..sometimes its just better to hide d other when i'm with him..Now i have two devices..a Tecno and a blackberry..i use the Tecno for work emails etc..ders not so much blackberry can do these days..so i only use d bb for calls..heard dey r even leaving whatsapp soon...dunno how true that is.
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by FellaL: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2016
Hahaha... Nokia Torchlight is Everly the back up phone. Best for business lines.
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by topradar4(f): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2016
Na light and Sometimes network Issue.
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by barackodam: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2016
Tania1:
I remember one time i had two seperate devices because i had an insecure bf..sometimes its just better to hide d other when i'm with him..Now i have two devices..a Tecno and a blackberry..i use the Tecno for work emails etc..ders not so much blackberry can do these days..so i only use d bb for calls.. heard dey r even leaving whatsapp soon...dunno how true that is.

Very very true.....

Sorry
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by barackodam: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2016
One supposedly for playing games and the other for playing games undecidedundecided I don't even know sef.....

M3mini and hot 2.....

I have four lines, airtel, mtn, glo and etisalat angryangryangry

Don't ask why, na Naija we dey, so all four lines in my phone and I don't have a particular phone for a particular number, I switch dem frequently because of browsing....

How man go do? cheesy
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by kajoula(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
Tania1:
I'm confused here, what devices do you use for these purposes and how many do you have..nawa

Two phones 3 Sim

MTN NG (Priority line)
Etisalat
Glo
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by muhrash(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
Rocking with Nokia E52,E66,3500c and torch light for 3mtn,4etisalat,4Airtel and 1Glo for Surfing
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
I guess its not so much work to switch lines between phones...
barackodam:
One supposedly for playing games and the other for playing games undecidedundecided I don't even know sef.....

M3mini and hot 2.....

I have four lines, airtel, mtn, glo and etisalat angryangryangry

Don't ask why, na Naija we dey, so all four lines in my phone and I don't have a particular phone for a particular number, I switch dem frequently because of browsing....

How man go do? cheesy
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Okay
kajoula:

Two phones 3 Sim

MTN NG (Priority line)
Etisalat
Glo
Cool
muhrash:
Rocking with Nokia E52,E66,3500c and torch light for 3mtn,4etisalat,4Airtel and 1Glo for Surfing
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by Tania1: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2016
Yes o..the matter was serz lol
Fgollado:
Ehen because of man, u had two phones welldone
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by barackodam: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Tania1:
I guess its not so much work to switch lines between phones...

it sure is, just depends on how convenient you are with it and why you want to switch
Re: As A Nigerian, Why Do You Have Two Mobile Phones Or More??? by kajoula(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2016
Tania1:
two
dual sim & single

(1) (Reply)

Teenager Invents Phone Charger Which Generates Energy From The Human Body / Federal Government To Be Monitoring Our Calls? How True. / How To Run Twitter And Instagram Ads For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.