Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN (945 Views)

Nigerians Vent Frustrations On President Buhari As Costs Soar / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Amitex(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lagos (CNN)
By Stephanie Busari, CNN and Kevin Asaju for CNN

It was supposed to be a rallying cry for unity in a nation deep in recession crisis. However the launch of President Buhari's 'Change Begins With Me' campaign quickly went south as Nigerians took to Twitter to vent their frustrations against his government.

During a national address on Thursday, the president said: "The campaign principle is simple, each of us must live the change we want to see in our society." He added: "Before you ask, 'where is the change they promised us,' you must first ask, 'how far have I changed my ways."
Angry Nigerians poured scorn on the initiative. Some felt the sentiment was tone deaf and failed to address the myriad problems Nigerians face on a daily basis. Top of that list is an economy in freefall and mass youth unemployment.

Last month, Nigeria's second quarter GDP fell by more than two percent compared to last year, after slipping by 0.4% in the first quarter. Two consecutive quarters of decline mean Nigeria has now slid into recession. While he has been tough on corruption, Nigerians feel his authoritarian approach is out of touch when he needs to inspire hope for better times.

Many used the #changebeginswithme hash tag to let the president know he has failed in his earlier promise to deliver change
Buhari also recently launched a "War Against Indiscipline" -- one of his flagship schemes when he was first in power more than 30 years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/10/africa/nigerians-change-begins-with-me/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent%29
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Busch: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
hmm
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by okikiosibodu(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
Anything that happens to some people, na Buhari dem go blame. Even if na headache, na Buhari cause am

Anyways, I enjoy watching cyber fisticuffs between Jonathan and Buhari's supporters... it is usually hilarious. I pray and hope Nigeria changes for good.

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by eleojo23: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
Buhari's name sparks outrage these days.
Never mention it in public else...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by 500samuel(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
this is what u requested for, so enjoy it while it last

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by raker300: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nigerians should change and stop complaining... grin

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by drss2(m): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
i have no iota of sympathy for those who voted dis daura govt n ar currently suffering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by drss2(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
raker300:
Nigerians should change and stop complaining... grin
cheesy omo dat cartoon accurately depicts how buari dullard scam nigerians with change. changing d goal post since 1983. grin
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by ourema(f): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
To make a difference in the life of any individual or entity there must be a change in the mentality of the individual. Not until we change our consciousness we can never get beyond where we are
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Tokety7: 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
Only inconsequential fools are doing such. The bulk of which came from a part of a country. The same set of people see no reason why shepopotamus shouldn't have millions of dollars in her account. Sane minds knows that before gain, there must be pains.
Buhari till 2023. Bubu on track.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by soma042(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Useless man
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by okosodo: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
Imagine, all the thieves in nigeria have grouped under on house and they are asking us to bring the money we stole
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by AngelAhnie(f): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
This change dey turn belle grin grin grin grin grin

Make I watch as APC members go come support the old man. grin grin grin grin

APC!!!!!!!! Scam!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2016: PDP Accuse APC Of Plots To Write Results, Arrest Prominent Chieftains / Truer Words / I Will Kill And Eat Any Arrested Cattle – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.