Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN (46919 Views)

Nigerians Vent Frustrations On President Buhari As Costs Soar / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN / Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by tafrica(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Lagos (CNN)
It was supposed to be a rallying cry for unity in a nation deep in recession crisis.
However the launch of President Buhari's 'Change Begins With Me' campaign quickly went south as Nigerians took to Twitter to vent their frustrations against his government.

During a national address on Thursday, the president said: "The campaign principle is simple, each of us must live the change we want to see in our society."

He added: "Before you ask, 'where is the change they promised us,' you must first ask, 'how far have I changed my ways."

Angry Nigerians poured scorn on the initiative. Some felt the sentiment was tone deaf and failed to address the myriad problems Nigerians face on a daily basis. Top of that list is an economy in free fall and mass youth unemployment.

Last month, Nigeria's second quarter GDP fell by more than two percent compared to last year, after slipping by 0.4% in the first quarter. Two consecutive quarters of decline mean Nigeria has now slid into recession.

While he has been tough on corruption, Nigerians feel his authoritarian approach is out of touch when he needs to inspire hope for better times.

Many used the #ChangeBeginsWithMe hash tag to let the president know he has failed in his earlier promise to deliver change.

Buhari also recently launched a "War Against Indiscipline" -- one of his flagship schemes when he was first in power more than 30 years ago.
l

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/10/africa/nigerians-change-begins-with-me/index.html[

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by DTRUMPER: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
They are just there to enrich themselves and employ their children.

Anyway, check my signature and smile to the Bank forever BELOW

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Wizzyblack3(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
But come to think of it.. If last administration is responsible for our ordeal and misfortune, Are they the one responsible for APC and Buhari not to fulfil their campaign promises as well? Cos i don't just get it.. Fulfil Your electioneering campaign promises is all we ask for.

I now regret ever calling GEJ's government 'Incompetence' and 'Clueless'.

Sometimes i wonder if Buhari is a way God wants to punish Nigeria for our sins and disobedient.
Even if Buhari don't see us as human, he should at least see us cow and care for us as much as he cares for his cows.

325 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by sarrki(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nop

Wailers & corrupt people

Vent there anger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by rozayx5(m): 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
lalasticlala

the scammers promised change

only to get into aso rock and tell us change begins with us

i blame Lugard who joined us with devils

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Splashme: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
[size=13pt]That illiterate Daura man is Nigeria's
worse curse
[/size]

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by mercichoco(f): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Change is a word that the dead, the living and the unborn will NEVER forget. Buhari has broken records for the wrong reasons.

God help this country, else we'll turn carnibals soonest.

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by proeast(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
He is the cause of the frustration & should equally bear the brunt. What a wicked man who does not care if people are starving & dying! Those Nigerians that sent out a true democrat with human feelings and brought in a sadistic & ruthless tyrant, deserve the frustration & suffering they are passing true. You cant plant cocoyam and expect to harvest rice.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Wizzyblack3:
But come to think of it.. If last administration is responsible for our ordeal and misfortune, Are they the one responsible for APC and Buhari not to fulfil their campaign promises as well? Cos i don't just get it.. Fulfil Your electioneering campaign promises is all we ask for.

I now regret ever calling GEJ's government 'Incompetence' and 'Clueless'.

Sometimes i wonder if Buhari is a way God wants to punish Nigeria for our sins and disobedient.
Even if Buhari don't see us as human, he should at least see us cow and care for us as much as he cares for his cows.
even apc Bible says so
9JA BIBLE on the trend(APC Chapter 1)

1. And it came to pass, when the Lord would punish Nigeria, that he gave them a president under whose hand they were mightily oppressed.
2. Before he ascended the throne, he made them hope, with all manner of promises, that he would bring them to the promised land before the coming year began.
3. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria grew restless with their good condition, and sorely vexed the president under whose hand they had prospered, so that he would not have the office of the president again, but rather resented it.
4. In those days also the Boko haramites laid siege to the north, and slew of the people three and twenty thousand, intending to set up a kingdom which would be ruled by Islam.
5. Thus the inhabitants of Nigeria remembered not the good deeds of Jonathan, but thrust him out of the throne, and made Buhari president in his stead.
6. Buhari was seventy and(?) years old when he began to reign. He reigned one and a half years in Nigeria, and the land became impoverished under him.
7. He persecuted also a few of the people, accusing them and casting them into prison. Thus, the opposition was subdued, the people could not find bread to eat and there was hunger in the land.
8. And the end become uncertain as there was wailing and gnashing of teeth

246 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by herzern(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
If the post above me is true.....

Niqeria is in a deep mess!....

And Tinubu!...God will not forqive yhu for packaqinq Buhari to us here in SW as a saint....

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by eleojo23: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Buhari is a huge disappointment to those who believed in him.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by kokosin: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
haha

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by publicenemy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Lol
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by eleojo23: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
Nop

Wailers & corrupt people

Vent there anger
See this one... angry

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by KingsWillRoyal: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
time shall tell
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by BlackSeptember: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Our President has brought the change

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by faitheverest(f): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Howling and hissing at the same time.. .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by BlackSeptember: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Our Vacant Pastor VP is even tired of regurgitating the same lies

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by kennyjam: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
CNN we didnt vent anything. it is wat we are experiencing. Mr CNN u can come to nigeria and taste it.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by stuffs4me(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
I find it very #Unpresidential of PMB to say that #CHANGE_begins_WITH_me.

Imagine! PMB uses 11 Jets, N4b for his Cars, N1.7b just for his Feeding: N200m just for his Hair cut and he thinks Change begins with me. How ......

Am I the person that promised Change? Was I the one that Corruptly appointed my relations into CBN and FIRS?

Am I the one getting Forex at official rate from CBN to sell at Black Market?

Am I the one that appointed Inexperienced and Directionless Ministers?

Am I the one that Padded the Budget?

Am I part of those in NASS paying themselves Extravagant Allowances?

Am I part of those Stealing Money in the TSA?

Am I the one Appointing my Incompetent village people into Key Positions?

Am I the Saint President whose "over wise" policies brought Economic Recession?

Am I the one who Chased out Investors by declaring Nigerians Criminals?

Am I the one that Authorised the Slaughter of 1000 Shiite Muslims and Peaceful IPOB members?

Am I the one protecting the Blood sucking Herdsmen?

Am I the one that increased Price of Fuel?

Am I the one whose Policies left 4.58m people unemployed?

Am I the one that made Foodstuffs and everything expensive?

.... Please your Excellency, President Mohamadu Buhari, please, in your excellence, kindly explain how the change you promised with your own mouth should begin with me?!

Reference
petsolo15

https://www.nairaland.com/3347860/unpresidential-president#49337427

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by salabscholar01(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by otitokoroleti: 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
APC!!!

SCAM!!!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Femiwilli: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by Houseofglam7(f): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
Shiiiit just got 'realer'

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by BlackSeptember: 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
Nop

Wailers & corrupt people

Vent there anger
shey u no dey tired ni

16 Likes

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by chuose2: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2016

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Vent Frustrations Against President Buhari - CNN by pippimp(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
Splashme:
[size=13pt]That illiterate Daura man is Nigeria's
worse curse
[/size]

Buhari is not the problem. The Nigerian citizen is. They are the root cause of their own nemesis. They just like to shift the blame to someone else.

I hope you can undestand this video. It's called 200 hundred million mumu Nigerians. Because Nigerians are the most s.tupid people on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPytmuhYDAU

Much love to anonimi who brought my attention to the video.

13 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Buhari’s Emissaries Met Sowore In Detention - Premium Times / Opinion: Most Corrupt States In Nigeria / Does The President Have The Constitutional Power To Suspend The Chief Justice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.