Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly (1144 Views)

Nairaland Book Of The Month (1/2)--as Deep As The Sea By Serah Iyare / Between The Door And The Sea (a Flash-fiction) / ••EVELYN•• By Petunia Holly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
°°°°Author's note°°°°
*I've read so many nice stories here by great writers and I just want to finally get mine too out here..share it with people..get your thoughts and opinions..**accept me into your humble community**.....
*some infos about the yoruba deities in this book might not be correct..
*Petunia Holly isn't my real name but a pseudonym...
*Comment, critize, share your thoughts,invite friends and like pleaseeeeee.
*This is my original idea. Got the inspiration from a pix (will try to upload later.) Do not plagiarize please.
*That would be all. enjoy. xo.

××××××
Copyright © 2016 by Petunia Holly
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by LivinaPatrick(f): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
Don't worry,i will always comment my reserve. Bring it on.
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Theme: Teen/Horror/Magic/Vengeance ×

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Everything felt ordinary and no one had a clue as to what is about to happen for the next few minutes. To them, she is just like the regular kids who comes by to watch the sea, the tides and the waves. She even looked ordinary. A low-cut afro hair, dark-skinned, a loose-fitting, long-sleeved mini gown of the deepest shade of blue and she had no shoes on her feet.
She watched the ship in the distance —sailing towards the deepest part of the sea and getting smaller with each passing minute. Her right leg took a dip in the water and her left one, taking the lead, dived in behind. They carried her with slow calculated strides as if kissing the waters.
"Hey."
"Hey, young woman."
"Are you crazy?!"
"Come back here now!"
The people screamed behind her. Oh, so now they're paying attention. A hand tried to pull her back and she jerked her head around, boring her now ivory-ish eyes into the person's. The hand involuntarily unlatched from hers and the owner was flung against the other rescuers, drowning them all.
"Don't...come... near... me." Ashlyn whispered but overhead it echoed like a thunder rumbling. She turned back to face the sea and continued walking. The waters closed around her ankle and made their way up her knee, her waist and up her chest the further she descends. Finally, they closed around her neck till only her head was visible. The dirts cleared in front of her and collected again behind her. Her medium of contact with the physical world —Eyes, nose, ear, tongue, skin —have been shut down and she couldn't see the incoming tide nor the smell of death looming nor the cries of the birds of the air nor that of humans by the shore nor the taste of the salty water nor the chillness.
Only her devilish of a inner demon is alive, pushing and kicking and fighting with a vigorous strength and energy, thirsty for blood and screaming for one thing: vengeance!!!.
... "Don't do it, Ashlyn. Don't do it please!. Please, go back now." A little voice cried from the depth of her soul.
Ashlyn's mind... was made up.
She came to an eye level with a boulder and halted. Slowly, she came out of the water onto the boulder.
It
Is
Time.
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
LivinaPatrick:
Don't worry,i will always comment my reserve. Bring it on.

Aww, thank you so much dear. smiley
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ashlyn casting spells -----(**photo from buzzfeed**)

Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by ashatoda: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
this is going to be an interesting read. I am here to follow you to the end
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mouthing inaudible chants, she raised her face skywards and a mist of dark cloud floated across. She stretched forth her left hand and called on —
Sango —the god of thunder.
She made a spreading gesture over the sea and thousands of thunderbolts pierced the air occasionally. She raised her hands to the sky still mouthing chants and called on —
Ogun —the god of iron.
She looked her fingers, opened them and the heavens opened with it, sending down a rain of bloods killed by Ogun into the sea. The blood rain kept coming in heavy downpours and the sea kept rising, just like he days of Noah. Thunder cracks and green lightenings flashed every now and then. Her face and hands were still raised welcoming the rain, her now real long afro hair raged wildly behind her. She continue chanting, slipping into the darker realm of the magic and her voice was becoming audible now.
"Inferno eseri gratas disasutos vom!. Mas pro jeta sue te! Victas et melam phasmatos viva di!"
She called on —
Yemoja —the sea goddess.
All kinds of sea animals habituating in the waters emerged and embarked on a marathon with each other. In no time, they'd caught up with 'Gardenia' which carries nothing less than two thousand passengers on board. Ashlyn threw her head back and laughed wickedly as the creatures feasted on the sons of Adam. Some tore away the head, some the kidney and liver and heart, some the intestines and some the pelvis and testicles. An octopus latched onto a waiter's neck till it finally drained the life out of her. Even the lesser animals —prawns and shrimps and crabs were not left out, as they crawl up human bodies, stinging their eyeballs, clitoris and inside of the nose. Within a minute, a thousand and hundred passengers were gone and left for the world beyond. The animals return to their abode.
"Fes matos tribum, salva sorce das! Fes matos elixi mo nominum, etrinox sorce sotero callux oxtara."
Ashlyn continued her chants and brought her hands in front of her.
"Please, Ashlyn. Please, don't do this. No. This kind of magic will kill you, please. Please." The tiny voice plead uneasily.
Ashlyn called on —
Oya —the wind bender. But...
Her request was refused by Oya.
Aggravated, she starts pushing her hand forcefully in opposite direction and the raging sea obliged. The more she push the more the water parts until the boulder was on a dry land and the waters were on either side of her just like the days of the children of Israel crossing the Red Sea. She secured the waters on the left side with her left hand and faced the waters on the right. She bends her right hand at the wrist and starts turning it in a circular motion. The water, carrying 'Gardenia' on it, picked up Ashlyn's movement and starts swirling in a circular motion, based on the pace of her wrist.
"No." the voice cried as screams came from the gigantic ship. Ashlyn raised her hand up still turning her wrist and the sea rises up still swirling. She brought down her hand, the sea came down. She raised her hand up again, with force this time and increased the pace of her wrist.
"Etrinox phasmatos." She stopped turning her wrist but the sea didn't stop. It continued swirling round with 'Gardenia' on it.
Ashlyn turned her head left and focused on the half edge sea now. She turned her outstretched left hand at the wrist, her palm facing up. She started lifting it, slowly.. slowly... higher and higher... the sea obeying her movement grudgingly. She raised her hand higher till it was zenith and the sea, forming a kind of arch floated above her, going to join it other half. She brought her hand down to meet the outstretched right one and the waters above crashed on the swirling one, drowning 'Gardenia' and everyone on it. The water fell on her too, washing away all her powers with it but the boulder remain unsinkable as it was now floating on the water.
Everything went still.
The sea calmed.
The bloody rain stopped.
And the cloud of darkness cleared off.
Ashlyn staggered, stumbled, and fell down on the waters. She floated unconsciously, fiery yellow eyes glazing into oblivion. Her lids closed. One beat. Two beats. They opened again revealing eyeballs as white as snow.
She would never to see the colours of life again.
And that was the price she paid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^^^^†H€ £πD^^^^
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
ashatoda:
this is going to be an interesting read. I am here to follow you to the end

...Enjoy the ride. wink
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2016

Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ugh.. I've been trying to post some pics,.. that should help you get a clear picture of the raging sea et al.. don't know why I can't see it..
Anyways.. that's it. really short. how was it..??
**The chants were gotten from www.tengaged.com
and some,from the witch. (^^).Bonnie Bennett
**The picture of blond girl(never mind the skin,cloth and hair) standing by the sea is from shutterstock.....
.....That would be all and thanks for reading,those who commented,thank you too..**hugs them**. xx.
(Peace).
Till......**shrugs** when we meet again.
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by LivinaPatrick(f): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Wow,i wasn't breathing till i finished d story,it was really breathe taking. Bravo
Re: ••The Girl At The Sea•• — ×[A Short Story]× —Petunia Holly by damiperry(f): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
LivinaPatrick:
Wow,i wasn't breathing till i finished d story,it was really breathe taking. Bravo

Thankx

(1) (Reply)

The Better Mirror (short Piece) / The Long Harmattan Season Comes To Abuja on July 26 / Short Film Script: Best Night Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.