Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade (617 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Chronicles Of Temy (my Life On Campus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Horlorlardaey: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Prestigious Nairalander, I'm Horlorlardaey a new face on this social media platform.
I'll be making use if this thread to post my story titled above.
Do help in giving honest critics and observation
Thanks
Gracias

1 Like

Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Davidhero(m): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Okay
Following ......
Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Opeoluwa99(f): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'm waiting patiently
And by the way that's my elder sis name so I'm expecting you to give it your best shot muahh kiss
Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Horlorlardaey: 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've seen award winningand motivational stories on nairaland, posts from great writers here, the mutual love everyone shares in the literature section of this forum.

I'll like to use this forum to harness my writing skills. This is myfirst officialstory on this platform, I've only written just episodes in the past.

I'm always open to honest corrections, observations and comments since they will surely make me a better writer tomorrow.

You're free totag others along since I'm new here and I don't really remember monikers of all my bosses here.

All rights reserved.
No part if this publication should be copied,replicated or rebranded without prior notice to the author.
Plagiarism kills, let make a nice move to stop it.
You can contact the author via:
+2348138565599
Horlorlardaeyedun2000@gmail.com.

This is a purely fictional story as all characters, locations and illustrations belong solely to the author's imagination.
Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Horlorlardaey: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tittle:CHRONICLES OF LOLADE
Author: OloladeEdun
Snippet: problems sometimes changes the course of our destiny.

Chronicles of Lolade
Synopsis
The two Lolades were twin separatedfrom birth but circumstances made them come together, they had different hurdles to cross, different tests to either pass or fail. They both experience the pain and pleasure of life as they had both lived a quite event filled lives.
Definitely life problems sometimes changes the course of our destinies.................... ............

cover photo credit: AbuMikey
thanks boss for the artwork.

Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Horlorlardaey: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chapter One
Tina's Ordeal

Pa. Lade sat on a plastic chair at the front of his house busy going through the newspapers on a low stool placed beside the chair. He his a Doctor by profession, easy going person and has contributed a lot to the development of his community
Despite being in his early eighties, he his a tall and athletically built man.
He had finished going through the papers and he is ready to go get a deep sleep when Tina walked past him.
Tina once lived within the same street with Pa. Lade before she vanished into the thin air, he knew the girl must have a lot going on her mind, she was a pretty girl but her facial appearance made him call her back, she had that distressed look on her face, even a blind man knows she is worried.

Pa. Lade: Tina what wrong with you, you don't really look the cheerful girl I seen around
Tina: nothing much sir, I'm only a bit stressed up sir.

Pa. Lade: stressed up? You can't expect me to believe that, you just have to trust me; maybe I can be of help. Now tell me what wrong with you?
Tina sighs, letting out two deep breaths then she threw that question that keeps popping into her mind twice every second, she had search for answers herself but it much more on a negative side to her.

Tina: Grandpa, is there God?, Is he existing?
Pa. Lade was too shock to utter anything for the next three minutes, he only stare at the little Tina who threw the question at him,
"Yes my dear, God truly exist" Pa. Lade replied feigning a little smile.

Tina: I don't really think he exists, I don't really think whom I was told is God is really God, I think he doesn't listen to prayers, I think he loves when people cry
Pa. Lade: enough my little Tina, your level of intelligence never cease to amaze me, you should be in junior secondary school right?. But I'll like to know why you level so much hatred to the one who created you, the one who kept you safe?

Tina was at the verge of tears, she started her short but monumental ordeals

I lost my mom three weeks ago, the man whom I've seen as my Father since the beginning of my life chased me out ten days ago, calling me a bastard as he can't keep sheltering or feeding me again, my aunt whom I thought would let me squat with her sent me packing too under the disguise of poor economy and the unending recession we're facing. My last hope which was my childhood friend agreed to allow me manage with her and her boyfriend. Yesterday her boyfriend tried to rape me but i was fast enough to escape from his grip when I bit his erected manhood, he lied to her girlfriend that I tried seducing him and my friend was down with rage, she threw all my belongings outside, I slept inside one of the classroom of the new primary school down this street.

Pa. Lade let out a deep breath to show that he understands all what Tina said.

He called out two of his house helps and instructed them to follow Tina and retrieve all her belonging
Then he told them to help her prepare a room and nice meal too
Then he faced Tina who had started smiling inwardly

"I'll Tell you the story of my life tomorrow, albeit now need to get some sleep, make yourself comfortable" was all Pa. Lade could say
"I'll get you a nice chaperone too, but I want you to have it at the back of your mind that God truly exist"
Good night, my dear
Good night grandpa" was Tina's reply

She was truly happy and she felt sorry for doubting Gods existence. She looked forward to hearing the story of Pa. Lade,
She knew the old man must be in his early eighties and just have a good story to tell.

She was still thinking about this when she felt asleep on the couch she sat on forgetting her little belongings or nice dinner prepared for her
Sometimes, happiness fills our empty stomach much more than food.

****†††****††††****
Few years ago............
Lolade Badmus rose from where she sat for the past four hours, she will be sitting for her final exams in the next few weeks yet she still had lot of pages to cover. She really can't call herself a dummy but the pace at which she grasp sometimes make her wonder if she isn't an inborn genius.

She picked her iPhone beside her bed, her Candy Crush Saga game is still on, she had over ten WhatsApp messages, seven facebook messages, her boo had called her thrice, all these didn't bother her she scroll to her roommate number dialed it twice once her roommate picked up the call, she have no time for pleasantries as she rattles on

"Temi, please come home soon" then she hung up she also sent her a Whatsapp message too.
She can't blame her roommate for going over to her friends place, since she had buried her head in those big textbooks of hers. Her room mates must have been over bored; maybe that's why she decided to visit her friends.
Then she fell to her bed covering herself with the duvet on the bed, she must have developed this unending headache and she felt too weak to get herself some drugs, she didn't bother bottling the door. Thinking death was coming her way, she started remembering the past stories of her life, and sluggishly she slept off.

And the stories of their life begin..............
Re: A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade by Horlorlardaey: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Chapter Two
In the Beginning

I woke up happily on one Sunday morning, hurray!, it my seventeenth year birthday, I shut my eyes tried to still get some sleep but it wasn't forthcoming I accepted my fate and i rose up from my king sized bed.
Whoa!! Happy birthday designs filled my entire room and I'm sure same goes to other rooms.

My room was the most decorated and a little medium sized cake grace my reading table, lots of presents from family, friends and well wishers are arranged beside the cake. I chuckled happily, I'm seventeen but most times my behavior portrays that of a twelve years old boy, I think lot of care and attention really caused that in my life.

You'd wonder who I really was, well I'm Ololade Edwin, a final year student of St. Harvey College, the best school in the whole of SouthHampton, a very big school for children of the elites, well I should really say I deserve to be a student of the school after all my father can afford the fees and other costs
With only my shorts on I yelled the name of my personal maid thrice before she answered me.
I cursed under my breathe, wondering where my mom got such a dunce for me as a maid.
She rushed into my room without knocking and I voluntarily gave her two portable slaps, she still held to her cheek while I barked my orders
"You fool, what took you so long to answer me?, “you didn't even knock before entering” I shouted at her, she was sobbing silently wondering why she ought to receive such early morning slaps.
"Now get your stinking ass outta my room, tell the cook to prepare my favorite meal, fetch those dirty clothes in the bathroom and dispose them at the laundry, prepare my bath water and I want it warm this time else I’ll dip your brainless head into it “I shouted at her, "where is mom and dad" I queried her like as if she held them hostages
"Mom had an emergency meeting today, dad went to see the mayor, she replied
she started moving in and out of my room not knowing which one of my orders to carry out first, i chuckled at her movements then I fell back to my bed, picked up my iPhone 7 and I resumed my game, I'm sure you'll wonder why I'm playing games such early morning, well I'm practically, theoretical and objectively jobless and since its prohibited to visit friends during holidays except on social functions, I ended up having only one friend – my iPhone.
Myfather, Mr.Edwin is a tall, athletically built and handsome man of matchable intelligence, he had lived all his life as an orphan before a kind Samaritan decided to pick him up from the gutter and trained him, I was told his ancestors all comes from Nigeria.
He studied sociology with masters in international relations, before he met the love of his life who claims to be my mother, my father is the only ambassador of SouthHampton, he his even secretly planning to be the next mayor.

My mother, Mrs. Edwin is the C.E.O of Nightingale Concepts. The biggest, largest and most expensive advertising and publishing concept in the whole of Hampton comprising both the North and South. She was a beautiful woman and very encouraging too, her family all resides in Nigeria
They are both dual citizen of Nigeria and Hampton, I wonder why they both decided to give me that Yoruba name "Ololade" well I have other names too.
Soon, I sluggishly walked to the turning point of my life, where things drastically changed for me, where I begin to hate myself.
Well, that would be in the nearest episodes of my life.

Mrs. Tosin Badmus, my mother walked into my room, I was happy to see her that early morning because it my seventeenth birthday!!!.
I knelt down immediately she walked up to my bed; I shared the same room with my little sister.
"Good morning mom how was your night” I greeted her.
"Lolade, how are you, happy birthday dear" she replied my greeting.
Anyways get ready and met your father downstairs before he leaves for work.
I'm Lolade Badmus, the first daughter in a family of six, my two elder brothers were schooling abroad, I hope to join them soon. My parents are married for the past fifteen years before they had me as the first daughter.
We lived in my father’s duplex in Lagos,
My father is the branch manager of a multinational corporations, he live his job and doesn't joke with Mondays.
My Mother is a teacher in my secondary school, she taught account and book keeping
I took my bath and I joined my father at the dining table, he had finished his breakfast of bread and omelet.
I greeted my father and he told me where to find my birthday presents. I was filled with joy as I walked to open them.
My mum stopped me, ordered me to take my bath, eat before opening the presents.
I was happy at least; teenage years should be full of fun I reasoned.
If and only if I know what my future holds, if only I know that this minute you might be happy and the next minutes sadness crawl up to kick out such happiness.
Well, the world is quite a puzzle, only one person can solve - God.

(1) (Reply)

6 Surprising Times You’re Actually Quoting The Bible / Poem - Song Of The Soldier Ants / Limbo!! (fantasy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.