Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering (2645 Views)

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / PGD In Education Or PGD/MSc In Chemical Engineering? / What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering by LxgIncrediboy(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Good day everyone, usually I don't do this, I'm not a social media kind of person but I think every one would agree with me it has its perks.
I'm a Chemical engineering graduate serving in Transmission company of Nigeria, corporate headquarters, Abuja which I will be rounding up next month. I've been a guest on NL for a while now; only joined about an hour ago as I saw the necessity to do the needful. I have come to appreciate the role played by this platform and many may not be aware that lives have been touched and I've been blown away by the number of intellects on here not just social media wailers or bullies.
As to what prompted this piece... I was formally attached to the Executive Director projects but transferred to HSE Dept and currently work in the department of Chemical Resettlement and Environment but it's more of paperwork than actually field experience. For someone looking to have a career not just a job in my field it has become imperative that I find grounds to advance.
So if y'all be kind enough to suggest professional course training one can embark on; more especially Computer Aided Design CAD one need in this field. I'd be most appreciative and indebted. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering by misterkay(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
As a Chemical Engineer, ASPEN HYSYS/UNISIM is good and maybe PrimaVera but experienced people would always advise to develop your competencies on the job. I doubt in the Nigerian clime, if professional certifications can guarantee jobs these days. You might want to secure a job first, then develop your competencies on the path you've chosen instead of expending scarce resources.

By the way, my reason of suggesting HYSYS is that it is still relevant even to people undergoing advanced studies (from the experiences of my mates doing MSc in Gas Refining and Petrochemicals at IPS, UniPort).

Anyway, what do I know? Let's wait for the experieced guys.

cc: xfire et al

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering by LxgIncrediboy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
misterkay:
As a Chemical Engineer, ASPEN HYSYS/UNISIM is good and maybe PrimaVera but experienced people would always advise to develop your competencies on the job. I doubt in the Nigerian clime, if professional certifications can guarantee jobs these days. You might want to secure a job first, then develop your competencies on the path you've chosen instead of expending scarce resources.

By the way, my reason of suggesting HYSYS is that it is still relevant even to people undergoing advanced studies (from the experiences of my mates doing MSc in Gas Refining and Petrochemicals at IPS, UniPort).

Anyway, what do I know? Let's wait for the experieced guys.

cc: xfire et al

Thanks I much appreciate the input
Re: Professional Courses In Chemical Engineering by Golden75(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
dis is indeed a nice thread.Am a graduate of Chemical Engineering searching for d proper path.right now ve alot in my mind and i believe d experts experience will go along wayto help.Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Is The CFA [Chartered Financial Analyst] Program? / The Use Of Lean Concepts & Six Sigma In Nigeria / Chartered Association Of Business Administrators-canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.