Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game (1026 Views)

Okocha Slams Nigeria's Lack Of Passion / Which Nation Has The Beautiful & Sexiest World Cup 2014 Fans So Far!! / Passion Meets Reward--- Lots Of Gifts To Be WON!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by Akolawole(m): 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2006
I remember Late Chief Lekan Salami(Of blessed memory). He was at Liberty stadium one day watching Shooting stars match. Somebody came from home to broke the sad news that one of his Son is dead. It was shocking to hear High Chief telling everyone that he is not NOT going to leave the stadium until "Sutin" finishes the match.

Most of us has in the name of the game do some crazy things in support of our tem.

Can we share this on this thread?

I remember few that i have done as well:

1) in 1985, still basking in ephouria of Nigeria's outstanding performance in China, i increased my passion for Naija's team to major Tourney.
My Mama owns and run a shop somewhere in Ibadan. I compelled one of my Mama's worker to always buy me Daily Sketch and Tribune(20 kobo each) in the morning and Evening sketch(@10 kobo) in the evening. Am i reading the Newspaper? No.
I only read the sport page and paste the juicy story on the wall. I remember my best caption is " Flying eagles Fly Out tommorow, Promises World cup- Andrew Uwe"

2) Similarly in 1994 during Nations cup and world cup, i was in Higher Institution outside Ibadan. Every morning, I will wake up to listen to VOA Sports and BBC sports, take note of all the interviews and gists. I will also place my transistor radio on the roof of the house to catch Larry Echeijele(now Izamoje)'s Bournvita World cup special.
Imagine all these during Exams!

What are the crazy things you do in support of football?
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by Jackal(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2006
@ Akola,

What century was this?
20 kobo for Sketch and Daily Tribune?
U gotta be bleeping kidding me.
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by mukina2: 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2006
i was supposed to cook  for relatives on the sunday for arsenal vs man . .
my friends came to collect me for the match . erm i thought i had lowered the heat and went . .
the food was burnt . .luckily for me my cousin was over at home sleeping  .so  he saved the house from burning grin

during the fa cup finals that ended in penalties . .arsenal and man again . .
i was supposed to have my finals on the following   monday  morning  , i told my mum a lie about going for some notes to a teacher  . .and went off to watch the match because my mum didnt allow me to watch it at home . , i came back happy and didnt bring no note . .my mum was angry that i lied to her for football . .and i got into trouble but it didnt matter grin

if i start about all the things i did when much younger for football and being a girl . . . .ehnn lipsrsealed grin
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by Akolawole(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2006
mukina2:

i was supposed to cook  for relatives on the sunday for arsenal vs man . .
my friends came to collect me for the match . erm i thought i had lowered the heat and went . .
the food was burnt . .luckily for me my cousin was over at home sleeping  .so  he saved the house from burning grin

during the fa cup finals that ended in penalties . .arsenal and man again . .
i was supposed to have my finals on the following   monday  morning  , i told my mum a lie about going for some notes to a teacher  . .and went off to watch the match because my mum didnt allow me to watch it at home . , i came back happy and didnt bring no note . .my mum was angry that i lied to her for football . .and i got into trouble but it didnt matter grin

if i start about all the things i did when much younger for football and being a girl . . . .ehnn lipsrsealed grin
Muki!

@Jackal
That was 1985.
May be you were not born then  grin
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by Akolawole(m): 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2006
@Kitaun,Loyika,Jackal & co

Are you all pretending here?
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by CrazyMan(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2006
Mine isn't that funny
Early this year during the final match of the Uefa champions league (Arsenal Barca)
there was power failure in my area so i decided to go to a nearby bar to watch the match.
on getting there, i discovered that the bar was filled to capacity, but being so egar, i decided to stand outside with a few of my friends so i can at least catch a Glimpse of the3 match.
unfortunately for me, there was a heavy downpour.
i wanted to go home but i told myself i must watch this game live
so i got what i deserved
soaked from head to toe

all in the name of soccer cool
Re: Crazy Passion We Have About The Beautiful Game by 234GT(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2011
Euro 2004 holland versus chech republic. I had BIO 101 exam the following morning, but I went to watch the match at 7.45 pm. Ten minutes into the match, rain started falling. DSTV signal went off. The generator of the viewing center got spoilt. We were in darkness till 10pm and the rain kept falling. I had to enter it like that. I missed the game and got drenched.

(1) (Reply)

‘OMG! Mourinho Is Sitting Next To Me!’ / (PHOTOS) Brazil 2014: Official World Cup Ball Is Unveiled. The Ball Is Called……. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.