Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants (14907 Views)

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
Oil license are issued by FG, you buy a piece of land from an individual in most cases. Get intelligence at all cost, it will help you.

Whose Land did FG give them? Is it your Land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 11:36am On Sep 12, 2016
davidif:

First of all, Abuja is a city. The Niger Delta is an entire region. Big difference.

Secondly, the administration of the F.C.T did wonders with the city of Abuja. Why can't any city administrator or local govt chairman do the same with with at least one city in the Niger Delta region?

Thirdly, you still have not answered my initial question? Why aren't you holding your local and state govt officials accountable for embezzling the allocation they get.

The same FG that has developed the skill in collecting oil dollar profits gotten from ND, should know how to spend the dollars there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2016
donborg:

the administration of FCT did wonders indeed. Let them do d same WONDERS in warri naa abi Warri naNiger delta region.mtcheeew.
the wonders were there, that's what the OP was trying to tell you. Warri was once the USA of Nigeria. I remeber having school mates whose parents worked in warri, we could tell the difference. This thing is not even about FG. Lagos is lagos not just because of FG. USA is USA not because of FG. It is because the people have chosen to be sane. Is shoprite FG's investment or oil investment? All these FG rants goes to prove the laziness we have been talking. These militants are not really ready to work.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by whizzler: 11:43am On Sep 12, 2016
yorubasmustprosper:
Catering, bricklayer, technician, capentery, welders etc and the major oil workers and owners of all blocks are who?
The whites and the Hausa-Fulani..

What a thinking... Clap for yourselves.

When a cornered coward writes, it reeks of fear..
has these mindless blowing of pipelines and polluting and degrading the environment changed the ownership of these blocks. I was born and raised in Warri, my dad an artisan back then used to take flight from Benin to Warri due to affluence in the town. He was either working for a staff of NNPC, Shell, Gulf or Seismograph companies, Servicing companies just to mention a few. Our dream was going to school and working in these companies.Go to the town now u would not see a trace of these companies. In their place we now have few barely literate individuals who have become billionaires from violent agitations. I have a dream that one day my beloved city will bounce back but we need more of these re awakening

7 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 12, 2016
newbornmacho:

But you know its true. You teamed up in a war to ensure your access to oil without any consideration for the owners true or false? You allocate oil blocks without consideration for the owners true or false? What have you even done for this region? Be honest. The wasteful profligate lifestyle of the bourgeoisie in this country is at the expense of this region with nothing absolutely nothing given in return. They've had enough.
did you read the post properly. I for one have worked for billionaires from ND whose monies are from oil business. Greed and laziness is a reason for the present state and until that is addressed amongst the youth. There can't be any development.

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2016
signz:

They had a Ken Saro Wiwa with his non violent agitation. What happened to him?

The neglect of that region by successive FG's in connivance with local chiefs turned that place into a den of militants.

I believe if the root cause is addressed, everything will fall into place. Militancy and hooliganism will be reduced to its barest minimum in less than a decade.

People talk as if there's no hope for the youths to turn a new leaf. Thank God the core of their problem is that of economy and not religion/culture. Once economy of the area is fixed, every other thing will fall into place in a few years

Tell me, in your own thoughts, what do you think can be done to fix the economy. What other structures do they want? I am not in for the resource control mantra.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
Tell me, in your own thoughts, what do you think can be done to fix the economy. What other structures do they want? I am not in for the resource control mantra.

What they are saying is for U to go back to your village and go and plant your Cocoa, and get your own export dollars, paying some as tax to the FG, Let the People that owns the Oil do the same

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2016
whizzler:
has these mindless blowing of pipelines and polluting and degrading the environment changed the ownership of these blocks. I was born and raised in Warri, my dad an artisan back then used to take flight from Benin to Warri due to affluence in the town. He was either working for a staff of NNPC, Shell, Gulf or Seismograph companies, Servicing companies just to mention a few. Our dream was going to school and working in these companies.Go to the town now u would not see a trace of these companies. In their place we now have few barely literate individuals who have become billionaires from violent agitations. I have a dream that one day my beloved city will bounce back but we need more of these re awakening
are you sur that dude isn't a teenager or a guy in his early twenties. Every individual that grew up to know the old Bendel state woul admit it has lost it's glory.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:52am On Sep 12, 2016
yorubasmustprosper:
Catering, bricklayer, technician, capentery, welders etc and the major oil workers and owners of all blocks are who?

you can never be stronger than Nigeria. Biaaaaatch.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

What they are saying is for U to go back to your village and go and plant your Cocoa, and get your own export dollars, paying some as tax to the FG, Let the People that owns the Oil do the same
Cocoa is a produce, Oil is a natural resource and according to the law, it belongs to the FG and that's why you see dude you can only say all these trash online.

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by whizzler: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
newbornmacho:
You may as well extend your memory and nistalgia to the time when whites ruled Nigeria and things "worked" . you wrote this lengthy epistle with no mention of the causes of militancy, you compare lagos a place the represents the conspiracy against the Niger delta with warri a place that has suffered and is still suffering at the hands of hausa-fulani feudalists and their Yoruba accomplices, and you expect to be taken seriously. You want the owners of the oil to be content with welding and catering and even prostitution while the thieves cart away everything to their regions? Clap for yourself. Militancy was caused by marginalization and will continue until redress is made.
Aside Tompolo and a few amnesty billionaires who has militancy helped

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:
Please kindly give us a list of smarter ways, sometimes you people act like we were born today.
Sorry nobody here was born today, but in your spare time kindly ask yourself, those youths who vandalised shoprite warri for instance, does that help or damage the economy of the city?.... I pray we all receive wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:57am On Sep 12, 2016
yorubasmustprosper:

you can never be stronger than Nigeria. Biaaaaatch.
Chiznonso:

SOMEONE PLANTED THE COCOA BUT NP BODY PLANTED THE OIL SO YOU DONT OWN ANY OIL GET THAT INTO YOUR EMPTY SLULL

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by chukzyblingz(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
omo onile will not blow up a company because he knows that's where his choppings is coming from. He is wise about his business. This is the difference.
Those guys asking for deve don't blow up companies. Those street guys are different from militants. Read and comprehend before you quote me. Militants use violence because violence is the only language the FG understand. Imagine a Niger delta without any form of agitation. They would have been relegated to the background. When Saro Wiwa agitated without violence, what was the end result?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
you can never be stronger than Nigeria. Biaaaaatch.SOMEONE PLANTED THE COCOA BUT NP BODY PLANTED THE OIL SO YOU DONT OWN ANY OIL GET THAT INTO YOUR EMPTY SLULL

U are Jealous, if ND was a republic, who will own the oil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by signz: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:

Beautiful. You don't want resource control? Ok

Pass the PIB and give the communities 10% (in addition to the 13% ND states are getting) of the oil proceeds from oil fields located in the community(ies) with a clause that the more oil faciliites are hit by militants the less the % profit the community gets. This will make the oil producing communities to protect/police the pipelines and other oil assets.
Passing the PIB alone will bring in more industries into the region. Passing PIB means more refineries, petrochemical plants, etc.

Make oil field licensing to be more transparent. Make it open for the businessmen of Niger delta origin to bid and own oil Wells as against what it was during the military era.

Also let the FG encourage/help/approve seaports for states that wants to have seaports and the matter of cleaning the environment ofcourse.

Now I ask have the PMB led FG made this offer to ND people/militants and they refused?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
Cocoa is a produce, Oil is a natural resource and according to the law, it belongs to the FG and that's why you see dude you can only say all these trash online.

Nigerians are Funny, how wetin dey inside my Well concern U? Who even wrote the constitution? Y don't u use your sense please be Logical for a minute, U should be ashamed. Don't worry come and collect the oil since it's your own, U find oil in my father's ancestral land since 1400 and U said it's FG's, so if oil spills it will flow and enter Ekiti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

...and what is wrong with those jobs you mentioned?.... Is it not this same jobs many Nigerians use in enriching themselves overseas?.... Is it everybody that will be an oil worker?...mchew
Her boy friend is even a welder.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Those guys asking for deve don't blow up companies. Those street guys are different from militants. Read and comprehend before you quote me. Militants use violence because violence is the only language the FG understand. Imagine a Niger delta without any form of agitation. They would have been relegated to the background. When Saro Wiwa agitated without violence, what was the end result?
is agitation solving any thing. I read well before I quoted you. My point was to let you know crime is crime. Violenc does not solve any crap. Where are the ND now? Where are the militants? Are the better off? Quote me anywhere, Nigeria will remain Nigeria 20 years to come with FG still in control.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Nigerians are Funny, how wetin dey inside my Well concern U? Who even wrote the constitution? Y don't u use your sense please be Logical for a minute, U should be ashamed. Don't worry come and collect the oil since it's your own, U find oil in my father's ancestral land since 1400 and U said it's FG's, so if oil spills it will flow and enter Ekiti
Education is key. Father's ancestral land indeed. Well the good news is at the moment, Nigeria is still Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
Education is key. Father's ancestral land indeed. Well the good news is at the moment, Nigeria is still Nigeria.

Nothing like Education here, it's all about Foreign Exchange, it's all about Dollars, he who brings the dollars should dictate the tune

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
signz:

Beautiful. You don't want resource control? Ok

Pass the PIB and give the communities 10% (in addition to the 13% ND states are getting) of the oil proceeds from oil fields located in the community(ies) with a clause that the more oil faciliites are hit by militants the less the % profit the community gets. This will make the oil producing communities to protect/police the pipelines and other oil assets.
Passing the PIB alone will bring in more industries into the region. Passing PIB means more refineries, petrochemical plants, etc.

Make oil field licensing to be more transparent. Make it open for the businessmen of Niger delta origin to bid and own oil Wells as against what it was during the military era.

Also let the FG encourage/help/approve seaports for states that wants to have seaports and the matter of cleaning the environment ofcourse.

Now I ask have the PMB led FG made this offer to ND people/militants and they refused?
Great, if PIB is the reason that would have been lovely. Have you checked truly, why has this PIB not been passed? Hold your senators, reps and governors responsible. That's why I said, these rants of resource control are for the lower class individuals.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Nothing like Education here, it's all about Foreign Exchange, it's all about Dollars, he who brings the dollars should dictate the tune
Education is key. About the dollar not naira or ND currency?? Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Every resources under the ground, in the air or sea belongs to FG according to the Nigerian Constitution and as at the last time I checked, it has not been amended.

Deal with it.

What was your corrupt Mandela of Otuoke looking at for over 5years that he could not change the constitution. If we call him Clueless now, you will be getting angry over the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

We are not practising Dollar-cracy, rather it is democracy --- majority will have their way and minority can only have their say.

Get enlightened.

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
signz:

They had a Ken Saro Wiwa with his non violent agitation. What happened to him?

The neglect of that region by successive FG's in connivance with local chiefs turned that place into a den of militants.

I believe if the root cause is addressed, everything will fall into place. Militancy and hooliganism will be reduced to its barest minimum in less than a decade.

People talk as if there's no hope for the youths to turn a new leaf. Thank God the core of their problem is that of economy and not religion/culture. Once economy of the area is fixed, every other thing will fall into place in a few years

This report talks specifically about warri, if only you have a good knowledge of that town, you would understand that the mess going on there which has reduced the town to a desolate wilderness doesn't even have anything to do with the general Niger-delta resource control struggle. We are talking of a large number of criminal minded lazy youths who aren't interested in working but who just go about extorting any and everyone (both indigenes, non-indigenes and foreigners) and the people who should speak up choose to be quiet and cheer the madness with some baseless excuses of oil.

For starters, Warri town doesn't even produce oil, I would be glad to know where the oil wells in the entire Warri South LGA, Uvwie or Udu LGAs are. But somehow, youths in the town seem to agitate and harass businesses more than youths from oil producing communities. There is hardly any business or company in the city that is allowed to thrive, thanks to the youths who keep agitating and extorting companies (both oil and non-oil coys) for God knows what. Last december shoprite was attacked and looted, I would suppose that was also part of the youths agitating for resource control by harassing investors?... Even the govt. isn't spared in the madness; if govt acquires a land and wants to build a hospital, it would have to settle 'youths' in the areas first.

This is the exact attitude that killed the seaport in the town, the extortion faced by businessmen using the port forced them to run away to less demanding environments (today the theory from some is that hausas and yorubas killed the port). The point here is that the problem totally has nothing to do with oil.

5 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Chiznonso post=49292069]

U are Jealous, if ND was a republic, who will own the oil?[/quoteUNFORTURNATELY THEY ARE NOT REPUBLIC.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=ojinuocheibi post=49292726][/quote]they are not republic unfortunately.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Chiznonso post=49292069]

U are Jealous, if ND was a republic, who will own the oil?[/quote. UNFORTURNATELY THEY ARE NOT REPUBLIC.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Standing5(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:
It's a sad story... When the attack dogs have no more opponents to munch, they turn around on the children of their own masters and consume them. This aptly explains the case of 'deve' in warri which started with foreigners who owned companies, and then non-indigenes owning companies and then non-indigenes just building personal houses... When it persisted, people who should have been in position to talk to the youths or halt the retrogressive trend remained mute. It was typical to hear patronising statements like "the youths are angry cos they have no jobs" .. The monster was allowed to grow unchecked until the same 'youths' began forcefully demanding 'deve' from even indigenes and even the government wasnt spared. Government wants to build a road or a hospital, it would be required to pay 'deve' first before contractors are allowed on site. grin I remember the ugly saga when Ibori wanted to construct the Warri city stadium, he vehemently refused to pay the rampaging youths and had to litter the project site with a multitude of mobile policemen till the job was completed.

Such is the foolishness that crippled the town; recently even shoprite was attacked and vandalised and looted by some lazy 'youths'... Everything in the town is dead presently, numerous companies have fled and even the NPA seaport was crippled by this exact attitude. For a company like Shell to leave, it was the nail on the coffin of Warri as a 'formerly' booming economic town.

But anyway, the mental power of the set of youths we have today doesnt go beyond making claims like "Hausas and Yorubas are responsible for the flight of industries from the niger delta.... in fact we must punish buhari by destroying further and chasing away more investments." Perhaps the youths who vandalised delta mall / shoprite were also fighting injustice against buhari even as some educated ones joined and cheered on. Meanwhile, some persons bitten by this mumu bug have already arrived the thread with the mumu virus.
The Warri situation is special. When they want to 'obtain' and victimize non-community members they site Lagos' Omò onilé as example but the companies from Warri and environs are going to Lagos everyday. It shows there is something fundamentally wrong with their way of life.

5 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
yorubasmustprosper:

Sister, ur dullness is epic. There re many educated pple from Delta and neighbouring states who re well employed in the oil companies. Get a good education and see if u won't be employed.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
Standing5:
The Warri situation is special. When they want to 'obtain' and victimize non-community members they site Lagos' Omò onilé as example but the companies from Warri and environs are going to Lagos everyday. It shows there is something fundamentally wrong with their way of life.
Limiting the victimisation and extortion of non-community members ended a very long time ago. Today both indigenes and non-indigenes aren't spared from the madness. Even government is spared, the govt has to settle the boys before they even carry out developmental projects. It's just insane and it has reduced the town to a pile of mess.

The people shouting government marginalisation or resource control on this thread sit comfortable in their villages making sorry assumptions, they have no clue what has been going on in warri.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo To EndSARS Protesters: Government Is Committed To Police Reforms / Lauretta Onochie Is Not Our Member - APC / LP Chairman, Spokesman Differ Over Okupe's ‘Sacking’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.