Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Richest Local Governments In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richest Local Governments In Nigeria (56148 Views)

​Enugu LG Election: PDP Wins All 17 Local Governments / Autonomy Of Local Governments In Nigeria: A Notion In Need Of Reiteration / Ondo Election: Official INEC Result Updates In 17 Local Governments - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by cckris: 11:25am On Sep 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're more confused than the person you quoted. Since publication of monthly allocations, have you seen where Kano State, with its 44 LGAs get more than Bayels State with 8 LGAs?
Why should Kano have 44 Local Govt Areas? And Lagos only 20. Military regimes created the confusion of using OPM other peoples' money to develop Hausaland.

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Proudly Rivers with first class...... Obio/Akpor unbeatable but the list wouldn't be complete without adding Eleme and bonny lgas.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Yet, PIB still sleeping in national assembly #NoPIBpassNoVotes
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:35am On Sep 12, 2016
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I don't believe this information is accurate. But i hope it is.

The problem however is the sheer NUMBER of LGAs in northern states.
Kano State for instance has 44 LGAs while Bayelsa has just 8. The average northern state no matter how much desert has taken over the entire place has at least 15 LGA created in the middle of the desert just to collect federal allocation.
Rubbish
So if Bayelsa's 8 LGAs are slightly richer (because they produce oil) than each Kano's LGA, by sheer numbers, Kano with 44 LGAs or Katsina with 34 LGAs still collects more than 500% greater allocation from the federation account on their LGAs alone than Bayelsa could ever hope for.
[/size]
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by AleAirHub(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2016
I concur.
slim75d:
4. Esan Central. Located in Edo state, it’s composed by several towns and cities. Its major sector is agriculture. However, people of this land are also engaged into industry. There are lots of hotels, factories, and hospitals there.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Btruth: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2016
What about Ado-Odo Ota LGA? This information is absolutely wrong. I'm out of here. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by CapitalCee(m): 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Btruth:
What about Ado-Odo Ota LGA? This information is absolutely wrong. I'm out of here. lipsrsealed

You are perfectly correct, I was surprised nobody mentioned it. That's the local government with the highest no of industries.

Another LGA is Onitsha north. And Nnewi north local government in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
slim75d:
4. Esan Central. Located in Edo state, it’s
composed by several towns and cities. Its major
sector is agriculture. However, people of this
land are also engaged into industry. There are
lots of hotels, factories, and hospitals there.
Esan Central? for where EKP dey?
Bros mi, if you want to see poverty smiling at ya, then by all means visit when the school is on break. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
sweetetlove:
are you kidding me am also eyen iman ibom
That makes two us, isn't it?
Ufan mi
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by martha89: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Malawian:

Esan Central? for where EKP dey?
Bros mi, if you want to see poverty smiling at ya, then by all means visit when the school is on break. grin grin grin
Ekp is Esan west not central.You are constantly talking crap are you the only one who schooled there and for your inform they survive on farming even before the university was formed. Ekpoma is changing its just the roads that are bad. Its not that backward if its attracting a new movie theater and palm oil factory.Ekpoma is know for Agriculture expecially the rice even though AAU is overshowding it. Inferiority complex you are not better than any one.

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by fashrola(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
slim75d:
5. Etinan. This area belongs to Akwa Ibom State. It
is thought to be the richest in oil production.
It’s famous for crafting and agriculture as well.
Besides, it’s the most peaceful territory in the
Western Nigeria.
These are the richest and most prosperous regions of
the country. There used to be more of them,
however, particular factors, like Civil War, have
affected them.
Now you know a bit more about the politics in
Nigeria and the principles of country division. There
are many LGAs in this state. They are not equally
developed. There exist those, which are wealthier
than the others are. It is caused by various factors.
Natural resources are one of the key reasons.

Etinan? How? undecided .. I hope this is a typo sha

LGA with no Oil wells? (Never heard of any)
LGA with dilapidated roads?
LGA where lands are not sold to foreigners? (How do you expect such place to develop)
LGA with no good supply of electricity and potable water?

The only thing Etinan LGA had was Peacock Paint factory (Best Paint industry in Nigeria in the 80's) which is in a state of comatose.

@OP Please get your facts right before misleading fellow Nairalanders
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by brenister10: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Obi akpor is not living to its potentials. Politicians have always been milking it from time immemorial
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
cckris:

Why should Kano have 44 Local Govt Areas? And Lagos only 20. Military regimes created the confusion of using OPM other peoples' money to develop Hausaland.
You're getting more confused. More LGAs add little or nothing to any state at the federal level. It doesn't increase any state's allocation or give any state more seat in the NASS. Kano with 44 LGAs has equal number of seats in the HoR with Lagos that has 20 LGAs.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Ssalk: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
martha89:
Ekp is Esan west not central.You are constantly talking crap are you the only one who schooled there and for your inform they survive on farming even before the university was formed. Ekpoma is changing its just the roads that are bad. Its not that backward if its attracting a new movie theater and palm oil factory.Ekpoma is know for Agriculture expecially the rice even though AAU is overshowding it. Inferiority complex you are not better than any one.
I totally agree with you. The only bank in Esan central Unity bank maybe they have extra one now. In Esan west Ekpoma u can't even can't the banks, beside that commercial activities there far better. The bad road was caused by the delibrate neglect of APC govt, it wasn't like this back then when I school there but even with the bad roads, the place is still better and richer than the rest Esan follow by Esan north.

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by sweetetlove(f): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
sapiosexual1:
That makes two us, isn't it? Ufan mi
lolz
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by afrika(f): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Where are the oil well owners and from which state please?
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by ahmg001(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
Seems d op is high on Oshogbo weed.eti osa is d richest LG in Nigeria followed by obio akpor,dnt really knw abt odas sha
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by kolaaderin: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Op, what ever happens to Lagos island LGA and IRU eti osa/Victoria island LGA , whose territory is the whole Victoria island in ur list. Continue.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by athorello(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
No one has thought of Eleme shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
martha89:
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH ESANS? MY BEST FRIENDS ARE ESANS, SO ALSO ARE MY WORST ENEMIES SHA. BUT STILL, NO LERE.

IF DEM CLOSE THAT SCHOOL ENH, HUNGER GO DEAL DECISSIVELY WITH ALL MAN THERE. WHO GUY BUY THE FOOD?
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ssalk:

I totally agree with you. The only bank in Esan central Unity bank maybe they have extra one now. In Esan west Ekpoma u can't even can't the banks, beside that commercial activities there far better. The bad road was caused by the delibrate neglect of APC govt, it wasn't like this back then when I school there but even with the bad roads, the place is still better and richer than the rest Esan follow by Esan north.
ALL BECAUSE OF AAU. IF NA LIE, GO ON 9 MONTHS STRIKE AGAIN. NA EVEN THE VILLAGERS DO COPORATIVE GO BEG LUCKY THAT TIME TO ROPEN THE SCHOOL. grin grin

I SWEAR DOWN. HUNGER FIT EVEN WOZZ YOU SLAP FOR THERE IF SCHOOL NO GREE OPEN QUICK.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
I FORGOT, ESAN CENTRAL IS UROMI, AND UROMI IS QUITE OKAY ON ITS OWN, BUT RICH?
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by martha89: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
Malawian:

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH ESANS? MY BEST FRIENDS ARE ESANS, SO ALSO ARE MY WORST ENEMIES SHA. BUT STILL, NO LERE.

IF DEM CLOSE THAT SCHOOL ENH, HUNGER GO DEAL DECISSIVELY WITH ALL MAN THERE. WHO GUY BUY THE FOOD?
which hungry are you talking about because Ekpoma are farmers ,My mom is from Ekpoma and her Dad train all his kids to University through farming and many more did that too in Esan.. I know what I am talking about here, Ekpoma rice,pineapple, banana, plantains etc .You are Igbo so if Igbo's stop trading will that cost hungry?. Iol I have read your comment in the past and they were not nice. Ekpoma is Agriculture and AAU came about in the 80s.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by martha89: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
Malawian:
I FORGOT, ESAN CENTRAL IS UROMI, AND UROMI IS QUITE OKAY ON ITS OWN, BUT RICH?
OK Igbo's are better than every body. Uromi is Esan north East and its more than OK.
Typical Igbo always want to show they are better than others by putting them down.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by moshould(m): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nnotin dey come out from there, it's juz that most of our armed robbers na there dem dey live, polithievtians, yahoo guys, and scammers..
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by orsidy: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
I am of the view that you need to conduct another survey. Telling me that etinan is richer that Eket and Ibeno is a misnomer
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by hmohammed(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I don't believe this information is accurate. But i hope it is.

The problem however is the sheer NUMBER of LGAs in northern states.
Kano State for instance has 44 LGAs while Bayelsa has just 8. The average northern state no matter how much desert has taken over the entire place has at least 15 LGA created in the middle of the desert just to collect federal allocation.

So if Bayelsa's 8 LGAs are slightly richer (because they produce oil) than each Kano's LGA, by sheer numbers, Kano with 44 LGAs or Katsina with 34 LGAs still collects more than 500% greater allocation from the federation account on their LGAs alone than Bayelsa could ever hope for.
[/size]

Oga what are u smoking. Do u realise that Kano does not get 13 percent derivation. Plls go and do ur research well. Secondly, do u want to compare the population in Kano with Bayelsa. Please think straight nigga
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Malawian(m): 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
martha89:
OK Igbo's are better than every body. Uromi is Esan north East and its more than OK.
Typical Igbo always want to show they are better than others by putting them down.
okay i agree, you don do me the thing grin grin. so i forgot EKP was Esan west, now where is Esan central? what is the city there? UBIAJA? cos i no remember much again.

when i asked an Esan girl to teach me Esan, she taught me "Ku UDU RE" grin grin
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by OMOLEMONDAY(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
what about ADO ODO OTTA
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by owanedo: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
some people after taking Alomo bitters will just sit down and start writing rubbish. how on earth can Esan central that I know too well be richer than eti osa VI. no local govt in can even march Surulere let alone eti osa the headquarter of all the companies in Nigeria.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by muskaila114um(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
Op you forget to mention OFFA L.G of kwara state
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Henrydone: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
Sheo where is lagos island

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snubbed By Tinubu In London, Osinbajo Ready For Presidential Fight Of His Life / Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.