Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,915 members, 7,863,187 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

The Church, Its Schools And The Fees By Imaobong Akpan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church, Its Schools And The Fees By Imaobong Akpan (399 Views)

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / God Approves Covenant University Fees & Strikes Critic With Mouth Odor - Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Church, Its Schools And The Fees By Imaobong Akpan by donmayorgroup(m): 4:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Following the controversial statement credited to Prince Eke, the Nigerian actor who spoke about Church owned schools and the inability of the poor to get admitted in these schools, my very good friend and a great scholar, Imaobong Akpan took to her Facebook page to ‘create a balance’ on the issue. People’s orientation towards a particular issue is changed when people like this step in to clarify them. She is indeed a genius.

See what she wrote below:

Some Churches are currently under heavy criticism for building schools that members can't afford. What's the morality in that? Is it Right or Wrong? I can't speak for any organization but I can spare my thoughts on this...

First, let's differentiate between The Church as the entire Members of Christendom irrespective of which group or region, and the churches that are denominations registered as corporate organizations and recognized by the law as such. I'm aware, though not a staff of any church, that some pastors are on a payroll like any other staff working in the 'vineyard', irrespective of whether they founded the church or not.

It's worthy to note also that a large chunk of what you see as the pastors' wealth is mostly from the benevolence of both members or outsiders who feel 'blessed' by them. Added to our culture of 'sowing' into the lives of spiritual leaders, a gesture totally of freewill.

These gifts comes in diverse ways, cash, cars, houses etc. As humans on this earth, I do think that pastors are at liberty to decide what to do with their resources, and by virtue of their position they end up carrying burdens of uncountable needy people (Stories that Newspapers won't carry). Some schools affiliated with churches are actually owned by the pastors as...

Read more at: http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2016/09/the-church-its-schools-and-fees-by.html
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: The Church, Its Schools And The Fees By Imaobong Akpan by babalonshee(m): 5:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Nigeria my country
Re: The Church, Its Schools And The Fees By Imaobong Akpan by kokosin: 6:21am On Sep 12, 2016
babe pimples full ur face ooo.. try use Mary k foundation na.... but she na true u talk.

(1) (Reply)

God Begins His Great Moves At New Year Of The Jewish Calendar / The Prophecy Of Auto-mobiles In The Bible / Sex Preached In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.