Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Your Advice Is Needed. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your Advice Is Needed. (1640 Views)

I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice / Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2016
This issue has been bugging me for days now.

Had an interview with a multi-national company on 22nd of june, in which i was told i was successful. On the 26th of july which happened to be a tuesday around past 6 in the evening, I got a call from the company asking me to come over on wednesday to meet with the GM of the company. Based on the impromtu schedule, i requested for a rescheduling till friday for i wasn't in Lagos and i needed to take excuse off work. I was told they will get back to me but haven't heard anything from them up till now.

On the 2nd of this month i sent a mail to the HR about this, which i havent gotten a reply yet. embarassed

I am not sure if i sent it to the right email but the HR's email i sent it to is the one used in receiving CVs, so i kindda feel they received it. I dont know if i should send another because the didnt reply the first and it over a week now.

Please advice me cry

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by donfemo(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2016
Its quite unfortunate that you were unavailable during the interview with the GM, but i will be honest with you. The meeting was impromptu because that was probably when the GM was available and i am most certain that the person you asked to re-schedule for you did not even take this request to the GM because what it means is asking the GM to change his schedule.

The company has employed someone and they have moved on. But you contacting them could make them consider you if another opening is available.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2016
donfemo:
Its quite unfortunate that you were unavailable during the interview with the GM, but i will be honest with you. The meeting was impromptu because that was probably when the GM was available and i am most certain that the person you asked to re-schedule for you did not even take this request to the GM because what it means is asking the GM to change his schedule.

The company has employed someone and they have moved on. But you contacting them could make them consider you if another opening is available.

Cheers!

shocked cry

Heartbreaking.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Zirah: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2016
You said you got a "Call". Call the number that called you. Even that isn't good enough. Go to the company. You should be aggressive in your pursuit.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Zirah:
You said you got a "Call". Call the number that called you. Even that isn't good enough. Go to the company. You should be aggressive in your pursuit.

I called but its for their customer care desk which is like calling dstv customer care.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Zirah: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2016
But wait a minute that was July, this is September. Why did you wait so long? I'm afraid to say you've lost the opportunity. Just move on.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Zirah:
But wait a minute that was July, this is September. Why did you take so long? I'm afraid to say that you have lost the opportunity. Just move on.

I waited cos they said i will be contacted. So i felt like i should give then 2weeks or 3weeks since its dependent on GM availability.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Zirah: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2016
They said they would get back to consider their options not because they were going to anyway. If you believe you still have a chance, pls dont bug with mails anymore. Just go there.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2016
Zirah:
They said they would get back to consider their options not because they were going to anyway. If you believe you still have a chance, pls dont bug with mails anymore. Just go there.
Ohk
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by martinsad(m): 10:54am On Sep 12, 2016
my only advice/suggestion is this:

kindly re-phrase the subject of this mail to '"your ADVICE is needed"
The word 'advise' is a verb e.g. I advised him last night or I will advise him on the issue.
While the word 'advice' is a noun...e.g my advice for you is to advise him on his marital issue.

3 Likes

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2016
martinsad:
my only advice/suggestion is this:

kindly re-phrase the subject of this mail to '"your ADVICE is needed"
The word 'advise' is a verb e.g. I advised him last night or I will advise him on the issue.
While the word 'advice' is a noun...e.g my advice for you is to advise him on his marital issue.

Gracais.
Point taken.
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Zirah: 11:04am On Sep 12, 2016
Frankly, you made a mistake rescheduling. It doesn't work that way in most cases especially when it's not an "ongoing massive recruitment". You don't reschedule with a GM/MD/CEO or the whatever unless you were a business partner.

You ought to have taken the risk at your current company to meet with the GM. Afterall if you didn't think it was a better place to work you wouldn't have sought them in the first place.

Don't throw away an opportunity like this again in future.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2016
Zirah:
Frankly, you made a mistake rescheduling. It doesn't work that way in most cases especially when it's not an "ongoing massive recruitment". You don't reschedule with a GM/MD/CEO or the whatever unless you were a business partner.

You ought to have taken the risk at your current company to meet with the GM. Afterall if you didn't think it was a better place to work you wouldn't have sought them in the first place.

Don't throw away an opportunity like this again in future.

Yes sirdam (sir/madam)

We dont know it all. Lesson learnt in a cruel way though cry
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yewandequeen:
This issue has been bugging me for days now.

Had an interview with a multi-national company on 22nd of june, in which i was told i was successful. On the 26th of july which happened to be a tuesday around past 6 in the evening, I got a call from the company asking me to come over on wednesday to meet with the GM of the company. Based on the impromtu schedule, i requested for a rescheduling till friday for i wasn't in Lagos and i needed to take excuse off work. I was told they will get back to me but haven't heard anything from them up till now.

On the 2nd of this month i sent a mail to the HR about this, which i havent gotten a reply yet. embarassed

I am not sure if i sent it to the right email but the HR's email i sent it to is the one used in receiving CVs, so i kindda feel they received it. I dont know if i should send another because the didnt reply the first and it over a week now.

Please advice me cry
omo I first of all wan talk say ur village people wicked o grin but on second thought dats a tough one. But How u go just ask for rescheduling like say na u get d company, omo u get mind o, u can't even ask dem to reschedule for d next day na two days after u dey ask dem. U no how many people dey find job? Sharp sharp dey go call another person niyen. But d tin some how suspicious to me. How dem go say make u con meet d gm of d company which I know say go be man for sure. Maybe d man don see ur pix somehow dey tink say omo see fresh tomato make I...... grin no be HR dem dey meet first cos ayam not understanding Anyhow sha if dey have not yet called you back e don go be dat. Dat means God get better one for u for front. Merry Xmas in advance. smiley
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
LoveJesus87:
omo I first of all wan talk say ur village people wicked o grin but on second thought dats a tough one. But How u go just ask for rescheduling like say na u get d company, omo u get mind o, u can't even ask dem to reschedule for d next day na two days after u dey ask dem. U no how many people dey find job? Sharp sharp dey go call another person niyen. But d tin some how suspicious to me. How dem go say make u con meet d gm of d company which I know say go be man for sure. Maybe d man don see ur pix somehow dey tink say omo see fresh tomato make I...... grin no be HR dem dey meet first cos ayam not understanding Anyhow sha if dey have not yet called you back e don go be dat. Dat means God get better one for u for front. Merry Xmas in advance. smiley

This ain't fresh issue dear and v taken my mind off it. God understands.

#stop stalking me.

Same to U in advance
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
Yewandequeen:

This ain't fresh issue dear and v taken my mind off it. God understands.

#stop stalking me.

Same to U in advance

Not dat am stalking you. Just that iam interested in you. I don't mean any inconvenience at all. Sorry if am inconveniencing you ok. Would be a great pleasure to know you more
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Not dat am stalking you. Just that iam interested in you. I don't mean any inconvenience at all. Sorry if am inconveniencing you ok. Would be a great pleasure to know you more
See toasting grin grin
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
Emmaesty:
See toasting grin grin
Lol. U no serious o grin Wetin concern una sef, if u no fit help somebody no spoil show for somebody naw ah oya come and be going grin
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
Lol. U no serious o grin Wetin concern una sef, if u no fit help somebody no spoil show for somebody naw ah oya come and be going grin
God bless your hustle oh grin grin grin grin

Oya I'm going tongue wink
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
Emmaesty:
God bless your hustle oh grin grin grin grin

Oya I'm going tongue wink
oya wait. Make I change direction toast you. grin E be like say u go fine pass o shocked babe boo how far naw wassup. Can we chat privately pls? grin
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2016
LoveJesus87:
oya wait. Make I change direction toast you. grin E be like say u go fine pass o shocked babe boo how far naw wassup. Can we chat privately pls? grin
Sharp guy grin grin grin

But I'm feeling shy embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2016
Emmaesty:
Sharp guy grin grin grin

But I'm feeling shy embarassed embarassed embarassed
na so wink don't come and be feeling shy naw. Why u shying ? Inbox me sharply make we talk
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 1:12am On Jan 01, 2017
LoveJesus87:
na so wink don't come and be feeling shy naw. Why u shying ? Inbox me sharply make we talk
No be you dey toast me? Inbox me jawe grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by LoveJesus87(m): 3:36am On Jan 01, 2017
grin
Emmaesty:
No be you dey toast me? Inbox me jawe grin grin grin grin
Happy new year dearie cheesy Wish u great and unbelievable prosperity and success this new year! Enjoy dear. Let me come and mail you

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 09, 2017
@ Yewandequeen.
The drama here demonstrates how a "boy's" attention to a lady can quite easily be hijacked or distracted by another lady. Or, at the least, be divided.
tongue

Pardon me for derailing!
(subject for more detailed discussion at appropriate time).
Re: Your Advice Is Needed. by Yewandequeen(f): 7:11am On Jan 09, 2017
obadizena:
@ Yewandequeen.
The drama here demonstrates how a "boy's" attention to a lady can quite easily be hijacked or distracted by another lady. Or, at the least, be divided.
tongue

Pardon me for derailing!
(subject for more detailed discussion at appropriate time).

Lol grin

Yea you're right @funny fellas

(1) (Reply)

FIRS: What Is Happening? / I Got I Job Through Nairaland / Graduate Operations Support Assistant At Mott Macdonald

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.