Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth (1200 Views)

Emir Sanusi Faults Buhari's Economic Plan / Buhari Inaugurates His Economic Adviser, Dipeolu, Others Photo / Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by bumi10(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
See me see wahala for this APC and Buahri government ooo. What nonsense. Special Adviser to President Buhari on Economic matters, Adeyemi Dipeolu, in an interview with Channels TV, says that for Nigeria to come out from its current economic recession, all hands must be on deck.

According to Dipeolu, when Korea faced economic recession in 1997/98, he saw pictures where the women in the country came out to give their gold to their government to sell so they could generate money and come out of their economic difficulties.

"We have to realize that economics is not Physics. You have to think flexibly around economics. You have to realize that certain policies may not give you the desired effects immediately. There may be time lag. There may be geographical differences. People character may differ. When Korea faced economic crisis in 1997/98, I saw pictures of women in thousands, coming out and giving their golds to their country so it can be sold so they can get out of this difficulty. So there are social dimensions to tackling problems. I think it is important to realize that all hands have to be on deck"he said

Dipeolu also refuted claims that there is lack of coordination between the economic team of the government "It s not true that the economic team is not coordinated. The economic management team meets every week. Sometimes twice a week. Sometimes late at night deliberating and sharing views but as with all aspects, there are always interfaces that need to be properly managed.

So the Central Bank has its own role, statutory. There is coordination but there are sometimes tension between policies because you have different policy objectives but you have to manage them to get the best balance and that is what the team meets regularly to debate and argue and say why don't we do it this way. So there is a lot of ongoing work and I think by and large, things will be resolved eventually"he said

Nigerians are already reacting on twitter over this interview. See more and video @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/09/buharis-economic-adviser-suggests.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy ishilove missyb seun

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by bonechamberlain(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2016
U can see how cluelessness has dwelled in the house of the FG, everyone now behaving like their Fulani master.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Mentcee(m): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Ignorant government headed by an illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by steppin: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2016
Come collect na!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by judedave181: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2016
This government is the best scam ever. And am sure this is just the beginning. Even common northerner that supported the Daura government are feeling the recession, I still find it difficult to understand why most West still belief in this cursed government. The Daura man and his entourage has nothing for this country but to take revenge.... " can something good come out of Daura man"
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by nike4love: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2016
This space is not for sale
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by seunmsg(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2016
So, what's wrong if wealthy Nigerians offer some of their wealth to help the country get out of recession? We can learn from the patriotism of the South Korean women who supported the government of their country in a period of recession, I don't see anything bad in what he said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Funlordjnr: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2016
angry

He should have said LOOT not WEALTH!
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by k2kay(m): 11:33am On Sep 12, 2016
This scam of a government keep testing the patience of the masses with nonsensical statements, they should thank God Nigerians seem to be used to suffering and smiling cos where it to be elsewhere, none of them would have been in government by now having been forced to flee the country by night.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Mojoy88(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Well, contrary to most views and opinions here which i so much respect, i think the adviser meant that well meaning Nigerians wealthy enough have a role to play in this situation. I don't mind giving what i have
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by LesbianBoy(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Every day this useless APC government keep insulting our sensibility yet zombies still support them. Hatred and tribalism e nor go better for una two angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by tdbankplc: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2016
So the wealthy should up there money to those govt that are probably richer than them but can't declare it abi?
They should act first by putting all gov top official on civil servant payscale and cut off all those crazy share share mentality and if they all agreed to that then I can ask my girlfriend to give them one out of the 2 earrings and she keep the other in case food no dey naija again.
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by ojietu: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
That is ehn

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Doghari: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Dash your doghari my money and valuables so that Aisha will be painting her nails with 12 million naira while Zahra flies first class for 24 million naira and Dullardeen himself keep buying private jets and bullets to kill innocent protesters. May thunder blaster that ya Amalarudeen mouth.

If the Economy wants to crumble let it crumble totally on all animals in the zoo. nigeria is an evil entity created by a devil-worshipper lugard that's why it has only known wars, killings and bloodshed since the day it was created.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by cocoduck: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Doghari:
Dash your doghari my money and valuables so that Aisha will painting her nails with 12 million naira while Zahra flies first class for 24 million naira and Dullardeen himself keep buying private jets and bullets to kill innocent protesters.
May thunder blaster that ya Amala mouth.

If the Economy wants to crumble let it crumble totally on all animals in the zoo. nigeria is a devil entity created by a devil-worshipper lugard that's why it has only known, wars, killings and bloodshed since the day it was created.
200 over 200

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Noblecx: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:
So, what's wrong if wealthy Nigerians offer some of their wealth to help the country get out of recession? We can learn from the patriotism of the South Korean women who supported the government of their country in a period of recession, I don't see anything bad in what he said.

Everything is wrong with Nigeria and what the man has said...
How many people is willing to die for Nigeria, even the armies are hoodwinked most of them are dieing not BC they are patriots but for some other reason...

This present govt didn't come on board out of patriotism but nepotism and tribalism with selfish interest and you don't expect wealthy people who are patriotic to give to a government whose mandate isn't patriotic.

Wealthy zombies should give to the government and live the patriots alone as everything in Nigeria is now all about politics...

No dare mention patriotic again like you understand the meaning.. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by 4Play(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:

You are being disingenuous. I know a bit about South Korea's reforms following the 1997 financial crisis and it was a comprehensive reform package - supervised by the IMF - which helped them recover from the crisis. It was not by making exhortatory demands to support the government.

The government conducted a radical overhaul of the economy: privatisation of state assets, closed 17 out of 30 merchant banks (their imprudent lending helped cause the crisis), liberalised capital flows towards the stock market and FDI to reduce reliance on debt-financing, tightened financial regulation, required that the major conglomerates reduce their debt to equity ratios to Western levels, e.t.c.

What is not recognised is that to reform an economy requires urgent and comprehensive set of policy initiatives - not desperate attempts at managing perception by shifting blame to the previous government or claiming impotence in the face of oil collapse/NDA.

Until we take these major steps, PR campaigns exhorting Nigerians to change themselves or to emulate Koreans will serve to infuriate. All these is of course wasted on paid propagandists like you.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by GMbuharii: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:

so this is the only move or action the govt can copy from other countries!? Do u even know these were asian countries known today as asian tigers,who came to nigeria to study her oil palm agric sector? They have,decades ago,gone way far ahead..kia,daewoo,samsung,lg,hyundai,etc,comes from south korea.. But today,2016,nigeria is thinking about copying a 1996 korean cosmetic nameless policy as a way out of recession and here you are applauding,how laughable!! Besides,what do the poor nigerians have,that the evil govt hasnt taken away thru this and that progressive and retrogressive tax,to offer? You can blaze the trail,you can donate the shinko you are using to type and post thrashy rants on here 247..
This govt is a huge murderous disgrace.
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by GMbuharii: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
Doghari:
Dash your doghari my money and valuables so that Aisha will be painting her nails with 12 million naira while Zahra flies first class for 24 million naira and Dullardeen himself keep buying private jets and bullets to kill innocent protesters. May thunder blaster that ya Amalarudeen mouth.

If the Economy wants to crumble let it crumble totally on all animals in the zoo. nigeria is a devil entity created by a devil-worshipper lugard that's why it has only known, wars, killings and bloodshed since the day it was created.
Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Dosinspector(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Just look at the views of someone who is in the country's economic team. Buhari should look beyond APC

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by plaetton: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:
fxxx that foolish delusion.

You can start the example.
I certainly will not follow.

Nigerians do already offer their wealth to the government.
It's called taxes.

On the other hand, what has this government ever offered the citizenry?
Pensioners dying while waiting to collect their pensions?

As long as our legislators are taking home N30m every month, anyone asking for more sacrifices from the citizens should be weary of being linched.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by Zlatimi: 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
seunmsg:

Plss start by offering ur life as living sacrifice.... hypocrites....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Economic Adviser Suggests Nigerians Should Offer Govt. Their Wealth by bumi10(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Is it that lalasticlala and his team havnt seen this post??/

or is it that what am sensing is what is going on?

hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

See Photos To Show That Soldiers Did Not Go On Rampage As Claimed By The Media / Prof Ambrose Alli Bendel State Governor Unrecorded Achievements / ‘what Made Us Overthrew And Sent Buhari To Prison In 1985 —IBB Revealed Shocking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.