Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,603 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Religion In Africa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion In Africa (351 Views)

A Thread Strictly For Those Who Lose Their Religion In 2017 / Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? / Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion In Africa by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 12, 2016
hey, it's Sallah once again and everything is at a stand still, anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought why Africans are overtly religious, I mean God obviously didnt think we were good enough for him to show himself to us. and how did someone come to our shores take people slaves and kept preaching to us there is a God who is loving and caring at the same time, to make us feel better? and lastly, religion might be good in theory, but it's killing us basically, dividing us and but people tend to put God above all else, even fellow humans, which makes no sense seeing as he's God and all. and I wanna know if they're any other atheists or agnostics in Nigeria?
Re: Religion In Africa by hahn(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nigeria is the only country that can lay back and go on holiday during recession over someone who attempted to kill his son over 6,000 years ago. Allegedly.

66,000 pilgrims traveled to Mecca this year. Imagine they spend $1000 each throughout the trip. That amounts to $66,000,000 that Nigerians just exported due to religion.

We really do deserve the leaders we get undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion In Africa by onetrack(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:
Nigeria is the only country that can lay back and go on holiday during recession over someone who attempted to kill his son over 6,000 years ago. Allegedly.

66,000 pilgrims traveled to Mecca this year. Imagine they spend $1000 each throughout the trip. That amounts to $66,000,000 that Nigerians just exported due to religion.

This also happens in other African countries, including the one I am working in. This year and last year a couple of hundred pilgrims got stranded at the airport after paying thousands of dollars. It's just a huge business. Oh well I am at a Muslim friend's house drinking beer with him after the sallah meal. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion In Africa by onetrack(m): 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:

Re: Religion In Africa by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
Exactly, people love donating money to God and they pass on the road and wouldn't even bat a eye at the homeless kid or try to help, to me I don't think believeing in God makes a person kind or good. Buhari actually gave orders to banks to help those travelling for hajj, are we really so stupid we can't see Saudi Arabia making 20 billion dollars a year from this? It's like we've given up on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Religion In Africa by CoolUsername: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:

Of course we deserve them. They are homegrown, aren't they?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

DASH Challenge / Forgiveness (part 2) / BIAFRA: IPOB Records 100% Success In Its Stay At Home Protest Today, As All Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.