Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (461 Views)

What Is Wrong With Asking Our Elders "How Are You?" ? / Must Read: Are Elders Always Wise? / Torn Between Love And Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Re: . by sisisioge: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
...because no matter how much cloths a child has, s/he cannot have as much rags as the elders. And the things a child needs to climb a tree to see, an elder can actually see while sitting grin

Alright, I couldn't help showing off my proverb skills wink

1 Like

Re: . by crackhaus: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
It's either of these two alternatives:

1. You really don't know anything about life going by your words and actions.
OR
2. You do know a lot from your own personal experiences but they just can't relate with it because they never experienced that, so they assert authority and try to dismiss you to soothe their egos.

However, please note that the two alternatives above aren't mutually exclusive—meaning, both could be happening together at the same time. gringrin

Take heart bro, it's not that serious, lol..
You should see it from another perspective—that elderly people are much closer to their graves than you are, all things being equal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
1. Because experience comes with age, they believe that they're more experienced when it comes to matters of life.

2. Because what an elder sees while sitting down, a child can not, even if the child climbs a tree.

3. Because it is believed that an elder becomes wiser due to the many experiences he has garnered because of his age.

4. Because so many things a youth will read and hear as history happened when they were still young. So, they are in position to tell the stories.

However, not all elders are wise and experienced.
Re: . by Tochex101(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
Very important question, front page pls...

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Sent Me Packing For Refusing To Abort 6-month Pregnancy – Wife Tells / Whatzapp Group For Relationship,marriage And Bussiness / France Midfielder Bans His Children From Calling Cristiano Ronaldo’s Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.