Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari (769 Views)

We’ll Be Happy If Father Mbaka’s Predictions Come To Pass – Senator Gamawa / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos / After PDP Rally In Jigawa Indigenes "Disinfect" Dutse (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by Ekakamba: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2016

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that his administration is doing its best to get Nigeria out of the current challenges.
Mr. Buhari gave the assurance on Monday in Daura, Katsina State, after the Eid el-kabir prayer.
According to him, the previous Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government had left nothing for his regime despite being in power for 16 years.
“Nigerians should realise that this government inherited nothing from PDP governments.
“After 16 years of PDP regime, there was no power supply, no much infrastructure, no rail and no security; this is what it left for us,’’ he said.
The president said his government was tackling three key issues with the aim of moving the country forward.
The issues are security, economy and fight against corruption.
According to him, his government was making efforts to improve the security, economy of the country and fighting corruption.
Mr. Buhari said the government was also making efforts to create jobs for graduates and other unemployed youths.
‘’We have plans for the country; we must first secured the country, for security is the key to development.
‘’We first dealt with the Boko-Haram and now we are dealing with the militants.
‘’Through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and an inter-ministerial committee under the Vice-President, we are working out jobs for graduates and other youths.
‘’We are equally tackling corruption, which will be a continuous thing.
‘’So, we are trying our best and we want Nigerians to do their best too,’’ the president said.
President Buhari also expressed hope that the country would have a food security after recording bumper harvest from this year’s cropping season.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/210307-well-restore-nigerian-economy-pdp-ruined-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by manutdrichie(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
Mtcheeeew
Bla bla bla bla bla

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by DjAndroid: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
"How they "WILL" "? After how many months?

Bunch of Jokers!

I pray God heals this country.
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by STARGREEN(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
please I plead once more... stop blaming and do ur work except it's part of ur confused agendas
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by agwom(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
face your job, leave PDP alone!
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by dra1987(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
I know that buhari really mean well for this country but the fact still remains that he made a great mistake by allowing same pple that mislead this country to have a say in his regime. What advice did he want from them?I think fighting corruption should start on this very same pple.I have never seen a case where goat says he is tired of eating grass that is the kind of pple they are they can only mislead him as well.
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by pol23: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
We need to appease the gods, and We need the president's blood.

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by Larryfest(m): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
I think it's time they infuse this "we will" into our national athem,pledge, constitution,national id card,international passport not forgetting the drivers license too..... Rubbish!
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by Khd95(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
Aftr a yr this govt still plays d blame game,shame
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by Balkan(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
Funny Man.
Nigerian will not give you and your party second chance
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by mazizitonene(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
fingers crossed.....you have just over 2 years to deliver.....We hope you are on the right track though..
Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by macnwaobi2: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday during a rally in Enugu said that the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), cannot remember his own mobile phone number.

Jonathan, whose unscripted address was mostly a response to previous statements made by Buhari, accused the APC presidential candidate of deceiving Nigerians by promising to revive the economy without explaining how he would achieve the feat.

The President wondered how Buhari would develop the country’s economy, a feat he could not achieve while he was in office as head of state between 1983 and 1985.

“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”

Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.

He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.

“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”

Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.

Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.

Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”

The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.

He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.

Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.

“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.

“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.

“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”

Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.

“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.

Best prices of phones, accessories & gadgets on PricePadi.com

He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.

Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”

The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.

According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.

“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”

Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious claims against him.

The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.

“They should tell us how they are going to manage the economy better than we do.

“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”

He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.

Jonathan said that he had done more than his predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.

“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have four additional frigates,” he said.

In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.

The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.

He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.

“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.

“People are assessing me because I have run this country for some years – they have run this country for two years.

“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years.”

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Restore Nigerian Economy After PDP Ruined It — Buhari by Xapio: 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
Was Nigeria economy great before?

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Theo Danjuma Speaks At Peter Akinola Youth Centre (PHOTOS) / Oyegun’s Ondo Fraud: The Violation Of Democracy In The Apc / Results From 13 L.G.A So Far APC LEADS #premiumtimesng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.