Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos (43117 Views)

Yusuf Buratai Buried In Maiduguri (Photos) / Nigerian Troops Celebrate, Rap Battle And Dance With Lt. Gen Buratai(pics,vid) / Eid-El-Fitr; Air Force Troops Celebrate Salah Amid Fight Against Insurgency.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
I thought Nigeria hates the U.S? Why is their military trying so desperately to Americanize their uniforms? Lol.....
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
While the IDPs starve.
Wont be surprised if it was food mea t for IDPs that was diverted
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
cool Thank you all for sacrificing your lives to make Nigeria a better place for all !!!

******* We are Proud of You **********

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by buoye1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
asumo12:
This Week.........!!!!

-Monday = Premier League + Eid Day

-Tuesday = Champions League

-Wednesday = Champions League

-Thursday = Europa League

-Friday = Premier League (Chelsea vs Liverpool)

-Saturday = Premier League

-Sunday = Premier League

Then you hear your girl friend asking “Are you free this week?"
My guy na so oo

"you don't have my time ,you'll have to pick football or our relationship "that's the case now!

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:
I thought Nigeria hates the U.S? Why is their military trying so desperately to Americanize their uniforms? Lol.....
Hehehe
I wish they could Americanize their behaviour and training too
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
Babzilla:

Hehehe
I wish they could Americanize their behaviour and training too

Ouch. That was below the belt. And deservedly so. hehehehehehehe.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

Ouch. That was below the belt. And deservedly so. hehehehehehehe.

Yeah Ive often wondered in yhe course of your work have U had to interact with Nigerian soldiers
and when you do, what's your opinion? what do they discuss with you
Do they brag about bullying civilians they way they brag about it here? Apparently its a thing of pride
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by tdayof(m): 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bad Journalism. The picture includes Navy SBS and some commandos.
God bless Our gallant Men.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by masciv: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
gabazin080:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA ARMY NOT BUHARI

Who's the commander in chief?

Ignorance is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by tdayof(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:
We do not use US cammo scheme. Our SBS is the only one close and that's the British SBS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_United_States_Armed_Forces
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by omonla10(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
asumo12:
This Week.........!!!!

-Monday = Premier League + Eid Day

-Tuesday = Champions League

-Wednesday = Champions League

-Thursday = Europa League

-Friday = Premier League (Chelsea vs Liverpool)

-Saturday = Premier League

-Sunday = Premier League

Then you hear your girl friend asking “Are you free this week?"

1 Like

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Jungleluv5: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
GoggleB:
God bless our soldiers..
But if to say na GEJ organize this Kain thing for hin regime Lai Mohammed and some zombies wud start saying he is wasteful.

Like if GEJ is your hero
Share if PMB is your hero
Dull lad do you know that if it were to be ur ogogoro presido this celebration for the AF officers will not hold. So wailer stop crying.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
tdayof:
We do not use US cammo scheme. Our SBS is the only one close and that's the British SBS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniforms_of_the_United_States_Armed_Forces

I don't need to read anything. The colour may be different but the design pattern is of the U.S army. We've been using it since the mid 2000's. Every single thing they are wearing i have. The difference is the colour.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
hrykanu231:
The 6th pic sha...true definition of guys are not smiling

I was just about to post that one would not fancy a one on one engagement with such fellows!! See faces!
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by tdayof(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

I don't need to read anything. The colour may be different but the design pattern is of the U.S army. We've been using it since the mid 2000's. Every single thing they are wearing i have. The difference is the colour .
As an American military kindly show me how the color of USA military operational camouflage that looks like the US military woodland Marpat. The best you will bring up is the Marine Marpat and the difference is clear.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Babzilla:

Yeah Ive often wondered in yhe course of your work have U had to interact with Nigerian soldiers
and when you do, what's your opinion? what do they discuss with you
Do they brag about bullying civilians they way they brag about it here? Apparently its a thing of pride

I have not had the opportunity of mingling with Nigerian Soldiers since joining but i grew up in a military household. From what i've seen and heard, it is no different from when i was growing up. They lack discipline, professionalism, and pride. I don't really blame them though. They are using the tools provided to them. Worse still is the fact that they think like the every day Nigerian. They are supposed to be better and live with a higher standard. In the army, if a civilian should slap one of us, guess what we would do? We just walk away. Can you believe that. We are taught that we serve them and are better than them so just leave them be. Any altercation with a civilian is a bad idea. In Nigeria, that civilian would be dead. Being a Soldier is not just about carrying weapons and shooting. We do more class work than field training. They make us think. A lot. Any serious mistake on your part could land you in jail for a very long time. And if you decide you want to do you own thing and not follow the rules, they will kick you out with a dishonorable discharge which means finding employment in the civilian world will be very difficult for you. Even walmart wouldn't hire you.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

How? I don't see any camo there that even remotely resembles anything the Americans wear
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

How? I don't see any camo there that even remotely resembles anything the Americans wear

I'm talking about the design pattern.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
tdayof:
As an American military kindly show me how the color of USA military operational camouflage that looks like the US military woodland Marpat. The best you will bring up is the Marine Marpat and the difference is clear.

I am talking about the design pattern even up to the rank insignia and deployment patches and how they are placed on the shoulders.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

I'm talking about the design pattern.

seems like you're here to ridicule the Nigerian army
pippimp:

I have not had the opportunity of mingling with Nigerian Soldiers since joining but i grew up in a military household. From what i've seen and heard, it is no different from when i was growing up. They lack discipline, professionalism, and pride. I don't really blame them though. They are using the tools provided to them. Worse still is the fact that they think like the every day Nigerian. They are supposed to be better and live with a higher standard. In the army, if a civilian should slap one of us, guess what we would do? We just walk away. Can you believe that. We are taught that we serve them and are better than them so just leave them be. Any altercation with a civilian is a bad idea. In Nigeria, that civilian would be dead. Being a Soldier is not just about carrying weapons and shooting. We do more class work than field training. They make us think. A lot. Any serious mistake on your part could land you in jail for a very long time. And if you decide you want to do you own thing and not follow the rules, they will kick you out with a dishonorable discharge which means finding employment in the civilian world will be very difficult for you. Even walmart wouldn't hire you.

seems like you're here to ridicule the Nigerian army .

Is this the same US military you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8WeO6wSF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSKLWBgXGdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7dmaQw-8s
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by NobleG1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
They copied U.S. style of Military uniform but didn't copy U.S. training style.
Bunch of losers!

1 Like

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

seems like you're here to ridicule the Nigerian army

seems like you're here to ridicule the Nigerian army .

Is this the same US military you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8WeO6wSF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSKLWBgXGdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7dmaQw-8s

Read through my comments. You will find that i have already said what will happen to soldiers who go against our rules. People will always do s.tupid shiit which is why there are rules in the first place. And i don't have to give the Nigerian military a bad name. It does it all by itself.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

Read through my comments. You will find that i have already said what will happen to soldiers who go against our rules. People will always do s.tupid shiit which is why there are rules in the first place. And i don't have to give the Nigerian military a bad name. It does it all by itself.

No one said you could give the Nigerian army a bad name. You are not capable of doing that.

You clearly stated that US soldiers act in a certain way, and now that i have shown you evidence of the horrible behavior of Us military personnel, you are saying that some people will always do stupid things.

But if you know that, then why is it that when a few Nigerian soldiers do some stupid things, you use that as an excuse to attempt to ridicule the entire Nigerian army, which you have already confessed to never having encountered?

The point is blatantly obvious that whatever you can accuse the Nigerian army of doing, the US and its various security bodies and agencies have done far, far worse.

It is on Record that the US remains the only western nation which maintains terror facilities, even going as far as to establish them outside US borders in order to beat their very own US laws.

You are first of all a hypocrite. And second of all you are a sell-sword.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

No one said you could give the Nigerian army a bad name. You are not capable of doing that.

You clearly stated that US soldiers act in a certain way, and now that i have shown you evidence of the horrible behavior of Us military personnel, you are saying that some people will always do stupid things.

But if you know that, then why is it that when a few Nigerian soldiers do some stupid things, you use that as an excuse to attempt to ridicule the entire Nigerian army, which you have already confessed to never having encountered?

The point is blatantly obvious that whatever you can accuse the Nigerian army of doing, the US and its various security bodies and agencies have done far, far worse.

It is on Record that the US remains the only western nation which maintains terror facilities, even going as far as to establish them outside US borders in order to beat their very own US laws.

You are first of all a hypocrite. And second of all you are a sell-sword.

I honestly do hope you can comprehend the quote below;

"Any serious mistake on your part could land you in jail for a very long time. And if you decide you want to do you own thing and not follow the rules, they will kick you out with a dishonorable discharge which means finding employment in the civilian world will be very difficult for you. Even walmart wouldn't hire you".

Why would i have said that if not for the fact that a select few have done that before? I surely do hope you are not arguing for the sake of it. The mere fact that you had something to find proves that we hold everyone accountable. You can't get away with stu.pid shiit in the army unlike in Nigeria. Everyone knows the Nigerian military is bad but can you find anything of youtube showing where one of them is held accountable for his/her actions?

3 Likes

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Smooyis(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations gallant soldiers.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

I honestly do hope you can comprehend the quote below;

"Any serious mistake on your part could land you in jail for a very long time. And if you decide you want to do you own thing and not follow the rules, they will kick you out with a dishonorable discharge which means finding employment in the civilian world will be very difficult for you. Even walmart wouldn't hire you".

Why would i have said that if not for the fact that a select few have done that before? I surely do hope you are not arguing for the sake of it. The mere fact that you had something to find proves that we hold everyone accountable. You can't get away with stu.pid shiit in the army unlike in Nigeria. Everyone knows the Nigerian military is bad but can you find anything of youtube showing where one of them is held accountable for his/her actions?

@ the bolded, in what way does this make the US military different from any military anywhere in the world?

You want evidence of discipline in the Nigerian Military, here is some:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/10/nigerian-army-court-martials-20-soldiers-including-four-officers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/2-major-generals-face-court-martial/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188113-nigerian-army-to-punish-soldiers-for-maltreating-suspected-armed-robber.html
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

@ the bolded, in what way does this make the US military different from any military anywhere in the world?

You want evidence of discipline in the Nigerian Military, here is some:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/10/nigerian-army-court-martials-20-soldiers-including-four-officers

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/2-major-generals-face-court-martial/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188113-nigerian-army-to-punish-soldiers-for-maltreating-suspected-armed-robber.html

Most Nigerians do not understand the meaning of the word "discipline". Which is why you throw it around so flippantly. Dude, are you for real? Just last week a cadet in the army was hazed to death and the chief of army staff was defending it publicly. Bros, Nairalanders are laughing at your argument because everyone seems to know what you don't know. I guess maybe your standards are adequate for what Nigeria provides.
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Freeezzz(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
See dem uniform in the first and second pics like that of that Wolfman from The Last Ship. cheesy cheesy cheesy
cool
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

Most Nigerians do not understand the meaning of the word "discipline". Which is why you throw it around so flippantly. Dude, are you for real? Just last week a cadet in the army was hazed to death and the chief of army staff was defending it publicly. Bros, Nairalanders are laughing at your argument because everyone seems to know what you don't know. I guess maybe your standards are adequate for what Nigeria provides.

You are the one that is flippant. Is the US army not renowned for cover ups up until today?

http://www.solidarity-us.org/node/1812

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2008/04/28/there-army-cover-rape-and-murder-women-soldiers
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by Kgdavid(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
pippimp:

Most Nigerians do not understand the meaning of the word "discipline". Which is why you throw it around so flippantly. Dude, are you for real? Just last week a cadet in the army was hazed to death and the c[b]hief of army staff was defending it publicly[/b]. Bros, Nairalanders are laughing at your argument because everyone seems to know what you don't know. I guess maybe your standards are adequate for what Nigeria provides.

btw the Chief of army staff never defended said "hazing" which we do not know for a fact occurred. What happened in fact is that the chief of armys taff DENIED that said incident occurred as was reported. Why are you such a blatant hypocrite?

and btw where are the laughing nairalanders, you sell-sword?
Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by pippimp(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
Kgdavid:

You are the one that is flippant. Is the US army not renowned for cover ups up until today?

http://www.solidarity-us.org/node/1812

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2008/04/28/there-army-cover-rape-and-murder-women-soldiers

Like i said, your standards are adequate for what Nigeria provides. If you receive electricity 60 hrs a week you will be satisfied. If the police show up one hour after a robbery incident, you will be ok. If there are pot holes on half a road, your argument will be "at least it is not all of the road". Nigerians are deaf, dumb and blind to their condition and the lowest standard is adequate enough for them, hence why would you be defending the indefensible? How anyone can be defending the Nigerian military is mind boggling to me.

1 Like

Re: Air Force Troops Celebrate Sallah In Maiduguri. Photos by iamrealdeji(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
God bless our soldiers. I would have called them the best soldiers in the world if they don't bully and beat civilians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NLC: Labour Suspends Strike / Activist Worried About Peter Obi's Letterhead (Photo) / Guess What This Old Woman Is Saying To Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.