Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) (27157 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Healthy Baby On Italy-bound Migrant Rescue Ship (pics) / My Venture On Europe Route(my Journey To Europe By Road) / Life In Libyan Cells Where Europe-bound Nigerians Die Like Chickens(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Nairadays: 7:42am On Sep 13, 2016
[img]http://www.nairadays.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/a-nigerian-baby-is-born-aboard-a-migrant-ship.jpe[/img]

More than 3,000 migrants have died on the perilous journey across the Mediterranean this year, but on Monday the crossing gave life: to a baby boy.

The humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders said the chubby-cheeked “little guy” was born aboard its rescue ship Aquarius on Monday.

His Nigerian parents — Otis and Faith — had left Libya in an overcrowded rubber boat 24 hours earlier in an attempt to reach Europe.

Faith was already having contractions when they were picked up by Aquarius, Doctors Without Borders said.

“I was very stressed on the rubber boat, sitting on the floor of the boat with the other women and children,” Faith told the organization, which is also known as Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). “Panicking that I would go into labor, I could feel my baby moving. He would move down and then move back up again. I had been having contractions for three days.”

MSF Midwife Jonquil Nicholl helped deliver the baby and called the process “a very normal birth in dangerously abnormal conditions,” according to a statement issued by the organization.

“I am filled with horror at the thought of what would have happened if this baby had arrived 24 hours earlier,” she said. “In that unseaworthy rubber boat, with fuel on the bottom where the women sit, crammed in with no space to move, at the mercy of the sea.”

Otis and Faith were with rescued along with their two existing sons, 7-year-old Victory and 5-year-old Rollres, MSF added. They have not yet named their new arrival.

Their rubber vessel was one of two intercepted by the Aquarius on Monday that led to the rescues of 253 migrants and refugees in total, according to MSF. Among them were 97 people under the age of 18 — including 84 traveling without a parent or guardian.

[img]http://www.nairadays.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/a-nigerian-baby-is-born-aboard-a-migrant-ship-1.jpe[/img]

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/baby-boy-is-born-aboard-migrant-rescue-boat/ar-AAiNxMg
https://twitter.com/MSF_Sea/status/775221591408009216
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by dacovajnr: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2016
Nawa Oooo! Shey me sef no go take shortcuts Enter Europe as i dey see am so..Coz this ppl wey dey cross so no get 2 heads Oooo! Na Survival of the Fittest Matter...and they are welcomed with Open arms and No harassment @ the point of Entry as it would've been if they actually applied for Visa with their hard earned Raba! lipsrsealed embarassed shocked

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by locosis007(m): 7:54am On Sep 13, 2016
Nigerians and overseas.

If say the country better emigration for nor pass immigration.

But na so e b now!

Govt wahala..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2016
What nationality is the baby?
Who would produce the birth certificate?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by villareal15(m): 8:15am On Sep 13, 2016
Awww
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by eleojo23: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by mayorjosh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
Smh

I must live in Europe mentality

Who chased her out of Nigeria sef

I watched it on cnn yesterday and I was just ashamed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by kwakwakwa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
The baby name shall be " TOKUNBO "

grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by mayorjosh(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
dacovajnr:
Nawa Oooo! Shey me sef no go take shortcuts Enter Europe as i dey see am so..Coz this ppl wey dey cross so no get 2 heads Oooo! Na Survival of the Fittest Matter...and they are welcomed with Open arms and No harassment @ the point of Entry as it would've been if they actually applied for Visa with their hard earned Raba! lipsrsealed embarassed shocked
Trust me you wouldn't want to use "shortcut" to enter Europe if you see the way migrants are treated now

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by massinola(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
His name go be Ojemba if na boy, but if na girl, Ijeoma

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by mayorjosh(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
Smh
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Lexxyburg(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
Naija sweet,

4 me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by ELPablochapo: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
I can see couple who are determined to give their unborn child a better future even if it means death, bravo to the mother; a courageous woman. Nigeria is not a country quote me anywhere.
Nigeria is a geographical / political battle field for hausa, fulani igbo and yoruba. I weep for this country because the future leaders have been incapacitated with seed of discord and anarchy sown into them.

It will only take time before we all say goodbye to Nigeria

41 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by undefeated(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
what kinda rubbish is this, take such risk with pregnancy, crazy couple

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by greall12(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Barika de sallah.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Lexusgs430: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
And the baby is christened, Medite.............
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by shiki(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
And his name is ....Newman
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Chuknovski(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hallelujah, the boy don show circumstances not withstanding
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by chukslawrence(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by HACKPASTOR(m): 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
what a pathetic circumstances.

The New Born Baby shall be call..............

Welcome Sea World.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
mayorjosh:
Smh

I must live in Europe mentality

Who chased her out of Nigeria sef

I watched it on cnn yesterday and I was just ashamed
If Europeans think that this lawbreakers deserve their tax money i think we should let them be, you make your money and decide how to spend it.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by ileogbenfidel(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
To be citizen of which country now?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Lexxyburg:
Naija sweet, Brother that's the spirit.

4 me.
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by mayorjosh(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
blueseacats:
If Europeans think that this lawbreakers deserve their tax money i think we should let them be, you make your money and decide how to spend it.

Ikr

Wise talk
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by jossy4joseph(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thank God 4 her and her family...Naija hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
The child is the citizen of which country now?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by koxi: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
Keneking:
What nationality is the baby?
Who would produce the birth certificate?

grin grin grin
Good question. If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Thobiy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
Cute kid
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by koxi: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
~if to say things better dem for stay~
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by Deepfreezer(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Welcome to the world newman
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by ANIEXTY(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
"No be by force to go Dubai..."
_Davido
Re: Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) by dwilliams: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
d child would be an Italian,since delivery occurred on the territorial waters of italy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldier, Policeman, Lecturer, 97 Other Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel / What To Do If You Suspect You Are Being Followed While Driving / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.